Abbott House

Abbott House Employer Reviews

Interesting place to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great working environment.
Cons: salary
Pleasant workplace and pleasant coworkers and management. Everyday is a learning experience. Everyone is willing to help each other. No question goes unanswered.
Productive, Enthusiastic environment, very special
Accountant/Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Irvington, NYJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: people were great, flexible, and team players
Cons: temp assignment
Approved, verified, coded, processed all invoices, purchase orders, requisitions for proper payment authorization, Insured expenses were coded to correct expense accounts, charged to proper departments, administration, It, overhead, revenue, expense allocation to G/L, petty cash reimbursements to all subsidiary accounts/ houses and schools. Billing, cash receipts, processed all accounts payable/ receivable functions, travel expense, reconciled checks/ check register, reconciled petty cash, banks accounts, American express, pay pal, monthly/weekly. Receipts, reimbursement expenses.

Abbott House was a temporary assignment which ended 01/15/14
which I conserve (2) letters of recommendation (1) from the Senior Vice President and the other from the Finance Director highlighting
my technics, professionalism, diplomatic abilities, working with internal controls, external controls, addressing my personality working with difficult and problematic cases of disabled/dysfunctional
interns. I learned a lot at Abbott House gained a lot of knowledge in not for profit organizational structure in a short period of time.
n/a
DIRECT CARE WORKER (Former Employee), new yorkJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
no longer work there for over 8 years but the time that i worked there was nice
Overall rating is 5 stars
Program Auditor (Current Employee), Mitchell, SDJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere, making an impact on young people's lives
Cons: more income needed - we have a large family, and a church assembly we pastor
Abbott House is truly a wonderful place to work. Helping young girls realize they are talented, and can be successful, even though they have been through some tough times in life.
Management is very good to work with. Schedules can be flexible. Making an impact on a young life is priceless. The only drawback is the salary - with six kids and my wife also working, it is tough to make it work for our family, and our small church assembly.
If the need for more income did not exist, there is no reason to look for a different job - Abbott House is one of the best jobs I have had.
Working with children and their families is a pleasure and honorable.
Waiver Service Provider (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: the families are receptive and happy to be provided with assitance.
Cons: the families would like more assitance with services but i can not go over the budget.
I am honored to work with various children with different diagnosis and teach them basic life endeavors.
Providing a fun and enjoyable work environmment
Assistant Resident Manager (Current Employee), Port Chester, NYDecember 17, 2014
A typical starts in the evening. I take my girls to doc appointments if applicable. I begin active treatment while someone cooks dinner. I assign task to the staff while maintaining minimum coverage for the house.
Okay place to work.
Waiver Service Provider (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: hr management
The HR department is very dysfunctional. The HR manager is very rude and unreliable. You have to call and send e-mails to HR in order to ensure they are not screwing up your paperwork.
nice
Wavier Service Provider Supervisor (Current Employee), new yorkOctober 2, 2014
good company, there are very good team players. there vacation times are good. very professional
heavy work load demanding yet fulfilling
Case Planner (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 18, 2014
great work place. Hard work yet fulfilling to see families meet there permanency goals.
Out of business
Resident Coordinator (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Was a group home agency located through out the tri state area that went out of business in 2012
N/A
Child Care Counselor (Former Employee), Queens, NYSeptember 2, 2014
It was a decent place to work. Minus communication errors among employees.
Friendly workplace
Health Care Integrator (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 23, 2014
Staff very accommodating and helpful; salary for the amount of work does not correlate.
Learning experience
Child Care Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: not being of a services to people.
Social Services work for anyone is a learning experiences. Our reasons of working in that field is to help people in need. I was blessed to be able to work around profession people that was eager to share their skills and what it takes to ran a agency. Which made working their a happy and pleasant environment.
Helping Young Women Believe in Themselves
Teaching Counselor (Former Employee), Mitchell, SDJuly 5, 2014
Pros: making young women smile about their accomplishments.
Cons: having to see them upset after a small bump in the road.
This was a fantastic job. Everyday I went home so proud that I could turn a young women's day around just by reassuring her that she had a better future coming to her. It was a mentally straining job to not form an emotional bond with the girls working together with them everyday. I have such high hopes for these girls futures and an glad I was able to assist in teaching them fundamentals for their future.
Good company to work for.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Mitchell, SDJune 16, 2014
The typical day at work was serving food and drinks to customers. I learned that efficiency is important in a restaurant setting. Management and my co-workers were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to make sure everyones order was placed in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the new and different people that you encounter in a restaurant setting.
Stressful work environment
Case Planner (Former Employee), Irvington, NYApril 7, 2014
Very demanding and emotionally draining. Overall, it was a rewarding experience. One that will forever shape my thoughts about working with the foster care population.
Positive atmosphere at work; good first social job
Health Care Integrator (Current Employee), Irvington, NYMarch 30, 2014
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: ware and tear on my car, intense deadlines
A typical day at work would include managing my time between documentation, organizing my plans for the month with families and continual contact with service providers and case planners. This position required me to develop an intensive document for each child on my caseload, and provide case management services to the child and family. The most significant document for this child was the Individualized Health Plan, which is a 13 page document designed to define the child's needs and describe an array of services that would be conducted for them to help their overall quality of life. Every day I monitor services that are laid out on this document, through monthly contact, home visits, team meetings and documentation. I work within the scope of a voluntary Medicaid waiver program, and it is required to meet deadlines on a monthly basis. The hardest part of my job can sometimes be meeting these time sensitive deadlines for 6 cases on a continual monthly basis. Meeting these requirements includes: intensive documentation, monthly home visits, collateral contacts, filing, etc. The most enjoyable parts of my job are the fulfilling work that i do with my families and the positive atmosphere throughout the building. Every day is different and it has taught me to "roll with the punches" and be prepared. I am grateful for what this position has taught me and the organizational skills that I have cultivated from this position.
Great Coworkers
Social Work Supervisor (Current Employee), Irvington, NYAugust 20, 2013
Cons: health care
The coworkers here at Abbott House becomes your second family. They are kind and considerate to all the employees.
Organized and well structured
Waiver Service Provider (Current Employee), Irvington NYJune 27, 2013
Abbott House is a young agency to work for. They are organized and supportive of their employee. Management is respectful and understanding.
productive work environment.
Senior Case Planner (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 17, 2012
It's a very busy job setting. A typical day at work was never the same. This was a productive setting where I was able to accomplish my responsibilities, however there were times when I needed additional assistance and I did not receive it due to low staff and management.