Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

Put in your time and its a fairly good place to work depending on the department and there are some nice people there as well.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Sturgis, MISeptember 23, 2016
Depending on the department, there are some awesome people working there. Takes a while to get hired in but once you do I've heard it is worth the wait.
Traditional Fortune 500
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2016
Super large R&D Division, numerous departments and groups, usually need some time to get used to. Nice people to work with. Best in class technology. Need improvement in IT support.
Overall a great company.
Senior Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILSeptember 19, 2016
A typical day for a designer is the usual-moving deadlines, changing priorities, changes in job-scope. I learned that there is no typical day. Management was weak. Co-workers were exemplary team members for the most part. Most difficult were the decisions by management without consultation from seasoned professionals on staff. Most enjoyable were the challenges.
Pros
Cafe's were subsidized. Most employees were happy and easy to make friends.
Cons
None.
Best benefits
Maintenance Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2016
Abbott has great benefits packages, many plant locations, and transfers are reasonably simple and encouraged. Recently switched production schedules to 12 hour shifts, however.
Benefits
aceptic
production operator in Aseptic (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 17, 2016
Easy day at work. New aseptic techniques . Great management. Great co- workers to work with. Cleaning the lines. After a long day at work you get to go home at the end of your shift.
Culture Change Imminent
Validation Engineer I, R&D (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 14, 2016
Working at Abbott is not hard, or straining at all. The problem is that company politics are out of control. Co-workers in my division for the most part get along with each other very well. The hardest part about the job is the large gap in pay despite doing the same job.
Pros
Free dinners, very flexible hours
Cons
politics, job stability
management is screwed up.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2016
Pharma co. trying to operate as a device co. But don't know how to do it. Furthermore, they say one thing one week and then change their mind the next week. People are actually afraid to go out and work within the Neuro franchise cause of compliance.
Pros
good pay
Cons
badmanagement
Excellent Company
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 3, 2016
Best Company I've worked for! Management is great, work life balance is great! Love the cafeteria and coffee. Employees and management are all great.
Outsourcing
Master Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 29, 2016
Too much outsourcing. Focus is mostly on saving a buck, but lose years of experience. Makes it very difficult for those who remain. Days are very long, and there is very little work/life balance. Easy to put in 50+ hrs/wk there.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Work/life balance
Solid company and great place to work.
Computer Operator (Retired) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 25, 2016
My job required me to be proactive which allowed me to develop my problem solving skills. I recently retired after 25 plus years of service and during my service, I was fortunate to work with great co-workers and management. Great benefits!
Great place to work with a lot of room to improve.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRAugust 25, 2016
Great place to work with a lot of room to improve.

Highlight: Working enviroment is great because of the team-working culture developed by team mates.

Lowlight: Management possess low/no knowledge of manufacturing system. Sometimes, this led to expectations that affect employee because are not achieveable or require the employee to sacrifice his work-life balance
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Employee not considered within company core values.
Fully understood and relished the benefits of POC
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 25, 2016
Abbott Labs was an intense job. We had multiple sales targets, a plethora of required examinations on a quarterly basis and we had to work with multiple channel sale partners. I did enjoy the time I was with Abbott. I left to enhance my education to develop a strong understanding of risk management services as well as develop stronger consultative selling skills.

The one area of Abbott that I truly excelled at was education and selling the benefits of Point of Care technologies. I still see how POC will be a major factor in allowing the healthcare industry to provide better, safer patient care.
Pros
POC testing
good company!
PRODUCTION OPERATOR III (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 24, 2016
it's good place to work.I learned and enjoyed with my jobs.also good to see a lot of nice person........
I was so happy with my jobs that to save some body's life.
Productive and Fun Work place with flexibility
Advanced Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILAugust 8, 2016
This was one of the best companies I have ever worked for. I was contracted to help with a project but the department that I was assigned to and the flow of business was spectacular.
good place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 4, 2016
good place to work , potential for growth wide range of opportunities world wide office locations , good benefits , making a difference in the medical world
A great place to work.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILAugust 4, 2016
A great place to work with excellent potential for advancement. Community culture that encourages learning and self-improvement. Positive environment that promotes success and opportunity.
not applicable
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 3, 2016
na in this particular context there is nothing left to add but to leave this part blank. Will add more later if applicable. Nothing left to add, not applicable
Extensive travel 75%+
Medical Science Liaison (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2016
Large geography. required 24 weekends annually as well.

Challenging work for the most part enjoyed working with and training field sales reps.
Need Quality Management team
Lead Embedded Software Engineer, R&D (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 25, 2016
Working in a medical device is very interesting and learned lot about the medical device development process and requirements.
assembler
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 21, 2016
a typical day started at 5am, and ended at 1:30 pm. The hardest part of the job was when people called off I had to work multiple stations but I must say I enjoyed it. I had the opportunity to learn multiple stations

4.2