Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

Great company
Rebate Analyst/Credit & Collections Analyst (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Great Pay and benefits
Cons: Not a lot of growth opportunity
Abbott Labs is a great company that is blessed with very talented individuals. The division I work for manufactures medical devices that save millions of lives world wide each year.
Excellent Organization, well-structured, and impactful.
Professional Medical Representative (Former Employee), Manila, P00July 28, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, fun environment, co-workers are great and knowledgeable.
Cons: Annual increase is low, but the management is working on it.
Freedom to operate in your role and make an impact on the future of health care.

Decent growth, job flexibility, and ability to work stretch assignments to improve professional development. Compensation is competitive. Work life balance can depend solely on the job you do and what work-group you report to.

The company let's work and live life to the fullest.
Very nice place to work
CMO OPERATOR I (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: I got downsized
Flexibility at this company. Hours are great. Benefits are good. Able to learn different jobs at this company. Able to work at this company with minimum Supervision as well as working with a team. The work is not difficult at all.
Great Company, co-workers, management
ELECTRONIC TECH. /ELECTRO-MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Excellent work atmosphere
Cons: opportunity to hire full time almost impossible
Worked as contract labor, almost impossible to hire into as full time with benefits which was a shame because it was a great place to work!
contract position
Project Manager II (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 21, 2015
I was hired to fill in for an employee that was on maturity leave, The management team did not give enough information on various projects. no chance for advancement
Good Comapny
Core Lab Specialist (Current Employee), Bay AreaJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Good Pay, Good people, Great opportunity !
Cons: Big company things can take time to get done
great company well Ran,
The organizations within the company do posses different cultures but the core values are great!
Fast paced environment
Picker (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJuly 19, 2015
Monday to Friday work days. There is a lots of over time. It is a very fast paced environment. It is a huge company with hundreds of employees.
Productive and proffesional
BIOANALYTICAL CHEMIST (Current Employee), Green Oaks, ILJuly 16, 2015
The work environment in R&D is quality driven and not driven by deadlines or hard pressures. Management is hands off and focused.
Business is not growing making advancement difficult
Manager (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 16, 2015
Business is not growing making advancement difficult. Otherwise, good company. A lot of red tape though makes innovation difficult.
Fortune 100
Varied (Former Employee), North Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2015
Pros: beautiful campus like atmosphere
I had four positions at Abbott Labs -- Credit Assistant, Senior Credit Assistant, Credit Technician, Contract Marketing Specialist ---
Phones, phones, phones. Many calls daily, corresponding to contract – more... implementation. Handling sales rep questions about pricing claims. Working directly with hospitals, pharmacies, group purchasing agencies, handling shortage and pricing claims; taking care of adding customers to large group contracts, adjusting prices as needed.

Management in a large corporation is slow to make changes, but when presented with information and supporting reasons, those changes do occur.

It was busy, I enjoyed the fast pace of the work environment, I enjoyed working with my coworkers, who were always there to answer questions if I had any. Building relationships with people from other departments was a critical component to my job. I was good at building those relationships. I learned that if I took the time to do a little extra work, my counterpart in the other department was more than willing to help me resolve my issues. The hardest part of the job was the volume of work cyclically.

I learned that I could take on many duties that I had not done before, but was able to not only do them, but do them well. – less
Productive and Challenging Company
Quality Assurance Specialist/EH&S Coordinator (Current Employee), Harahan, LAJuly 15, 2015
Founded in 1903 and restructured to focus on innovative nutrition products, the company that evolved into Abbott Nutrition built its reputation on nutritional excellence through solid scientific advances. – more... We are a worldwide leader in nutrition science, research, and development.

Abbott Nutrition is a division of Abbott, the global, broad-based health care company. Every day, our global team of scientists is working hard to discover and develop nutritional and related health care products that advance the quality of life for people of all ages.

Health care professionals and their patients trust us to provide cutting-edge nutrition products that meet changing nutrition needs. And we deliver on their expectations—providing a vast array of nutritional and therapeutic products that help babies and children grow, work to keep bodies strong, and support the unique needs of patients with chronic illnesses. – less
As a contractor working here, I enjoyed the people I worked with.
CONTRACT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILJuly 13, 2015
Pros: On site cafeteria, excellent benifits and helpful co-workers
Cons: They usually don't do direct hires. They work through agencys.
The work was interesting and the environment was fun. Everyone on the team that I was on was helpful and I learned quite a lot.

The campus is beautiful and large but it is easy to get lost if you don't know your way around.

Overall, I would like to work for them again, only as a permanent employee.
People Oriented but unusual Management Tactics
Strategic Planning Intern (Former Employee), Lake County, ILJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Coworkers and overall employee oriented focus
Cons: Corporate Direction
Overall the corporate culture is very inclusive and focused on putting employees first. However, the company has gone through many acquisitions that have bred many levels of engagement with management. – more... Not everyone is going to have a good experience with their manager because of this.

Typical day was spent doing independent research and putting together power points to share the information internal to the company.

Coworkers were amazing. The people Abbott is recruiting are in my opinion top notch.

At the end of the day, Pharma is a very unique business. Be sure to understand the implications of working in this industry prior to joining the company. Since I have worked there, the company has gone in a very different direction, so I can't speak to what has changed/ remains the same. – less
Very busy workplace with muliple responsibilities each day
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILJuly 12, 2015
Pros: profit sharing checks, good lunch hour
Cons: had to schedule vacations in advance and getting time off was hard
I worked in the call center and the average day is taking in-coming calls which can range from 50 to 80, answering emails and performing daily reports or projects assigned to you. I learned how to function – more... and meet required goals through management. The work required lots of communication with co-workers, warehouses,sales and distributors. The hardest part of the job is being able to handle all different types of calls with only a certain amount of talk time allotted. I enjoyed the customer service side of my job such as helping out and at times getting critical medicals shipments out and delivered on time. – less
Resonsible for highly productive territory
Territory Manager (Former Employee), South Bend InJuly 10, 2015
Pros: I was able to set my own schedule to make calls
Cons: To many meetings with no real purpose
I learned to be responsible to make sales happen in my territory. I know how to reach the decision maker in a company and sell them on the services my company offered.

I love photography and now have a degree in visual communication.I can combine my sales experience with the photography skills I now have to increase the number of photography clients you now have.
Great Company to work for via Growth and Salary
Sr. Project Manager Network Site Separation (Former Employee), North Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2015
Great company to work for via growth potential and salary. Flexible via a work/life balance.

Management very knowledgeable, empowering and supportive.
Industry leader in Medical Diagnostics
Section Manager, Operations Quality Engineering (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work, great benefits, very good work-life balance culture. The work environment is challenging as well as interesting and rewarding. The on-site fitness center is a big plus.
I enjoyed the point of contact. Highly educated sales base
Senior Account Executive, Southern California (Former Employee), Orange CountyJuly 7, 2015
I loved working in the field developing and growing my sales territory. Talking with physicians and their staff in an ongoing basis daily is very rewarding.
Great opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), North Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2015
Laid back, great environment, non-stressful workplace. I love working with the company although it is very hard to get on permanent.
The best employer I´ve ever had
Payroll & Finance (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILJune 30, 2015
I wish I could have been able to remain as an Abbott employee under their business separation, I really miss being part of this great company.
Headquarters