Abbott Northwestern Hospital Employee Reviews

For the right cadidate
Supervisor of Campus Services (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 21, 2017
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is a fine place to work for the right candidate. I was fairly paid for my work, received great benefits. Some of the executive leadership lacks vision, however the current president is on the right track to improving the overall climate of work.
Loved it
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 13, 2017
Great place to work. Co-workers to great to work with. Great company with great benefits that cared for their employees health. Work/life balance. I would work here again any day.
Great place to work at
Certified Nursing Assistant / Operation Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 2, 2017
It is always fun to work here and this is because of the people I work with.Every day is a learning day since I deal with p people from different cultures social and economical backgrounds that makes it very difficult to trust one right away.
Amazing to employees and great work environment
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2017
I learned a lot of basic nursing skills and patient care. Daily we would have a huddle and take notes on all our patients then get a report directly from the nurses. Management was willing to work with school schedules & life events. Great benefits!
Nice to work here
NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 18, 2016
Overall good place to work, my floor was like working with family which makes it nice to work there. Great nurses!!! Pay is great, don't like having to pay for parking.
Pros
Pay, co workers
Cons
Insurance, pay for parking
great place to volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 27, 2016
I was well treated, enjoyed the employees that work there they were very outgoing and caring. I got to choice when and how long i wanted to volunteer for this organization. I have lots of respect for this company.
Pros
well managed, value clients, respectful
fun and busy
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 20, 2016
one must be ready foe emergency, need to be able to organize n detail oriented. keep ahead of the surgeon. keep confidentiality
Fun, but hectic
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 3, 2016
Fun place to work, but very little room for advancement up the chain as there are plenty of people that find their niche and just stay in one spot. It can get overwhelming for a person, but a great place to learn and make new network contacts as well as learning to work in a team environment.

The most stressful part can come from when trying to do the right thing and still get dinged, but that is life and something you'll need to live with and adapt.
Excellent Nursing Care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 3, 2016
Nursing is excellent at Abbott Northwestern, Many nurses have been there for many, many years and have exceptional experience. Doctors trust their staff. Management is always looking at the budget and stretches staff sometimes beyond what is acceptable and safe.
Pros
Exceptional Nursing Care
Unit focused care
Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 26, 2016
Care was organized based on what the patient came in for. Therefore, the patient was placed on the appropriate unit which was helpful for the patient

Want to know more about Abbott Northwestern Hospital?

Ask a question
Amazing support from nursing team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 19, 2016
I love Abbott Northwestern Hospital because the nursing team are amazing and it provides a environment conducive to learning and personal and professional growth. I have learned an indescribable amount since joining Abbott and have my coworkers to thank for this. The most rewarding part of my job is watching people get well again and knowing I was a part of this process.
Pros
Best nursing coworkers around
Cons
Fast paced setting, not always time for a break to leave or get away from unit
Productive and great place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 18, 2016
I worked 10 hour days and I got extended on my contract.
I would have loved to stay but they no longer needed travelers.
The management was great and I learned a lot as it was a great hospital with very good Drs.
Pros
Salary, hours.
Cons
Actions speak louder than words
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 18, 2016
I've worked for this company as a Nurse for almost 20 years. I only stay because of the amazing co-workers. Management is often not available/visible and upper Management only has interest in making money for their ''non-profit'' organization. For many contracts they have continued to only take away from our benefits, including at times no wage increases. They would rather have ''scabs'' caring for our patients than their own Nurses that earned them the prestigious Magnet Status. The hospitals are very understaffed throughout the departments, asking for overtime hourly.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
understaffed, decrease in benefits, disrespect of employer
My Favorite place to work everyday
Nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 16, 2016
A very professional and enjoyable time is what I always experience when coming to work in Abbott. Great team work with every team in the hospital, employees are all about helping people, all smiles on employees, great great managers
Great Staff, terrible company
Staff Nurse, Prep-Recovery for Cardiovascular Lab (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 11, 2016
Hospital workers, physicians, nurses and support staff are terrific. Upper management is not at all supportive of it's workers. Makes drastic changes without anticipating the detrimental effects it might have on the company and staff.
Caring for Patients
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 8, 2016
As an EMT you are integral part of the healthcare team performing diagnostic tests and working with patients directly.
A non for profit hospital that seems to be for profit only.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 29, 2016
When I started there in 1988 it was a great place to work. I love my job and taking care of patients. Over the years as ALLINA has taken over the hospital has changed. I used to be proud to say where I worked. Now, we are rushed and dont have the time or resources to do the kind of quality care that patients deserve. I plan on staying there despite what's going on as I have put 28 years in.
Pros
Great people that I work with
Cons
Short staffed, expensive food, (if you are able to get a break). Contract disagreements
Abbott
Patient Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 6, 2016
Abbott is an awesome place to work, especially as a college student. You gain a lot of experience and meet some really cool people who take you under their wing.
Rewarding uplifting environment.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 17, 2016
Abbott is an amazing place to work. Co-workers, management, the facility itself make it by far the best place I have ever worked.
Quality patient care, compassionate nurses and amazing benefits.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 9, 2016
Hard to come across a nurse who is not knowledgeable and love what they do. Work with multiple interdisciplinary teams. The only downfall is the lack of communication with management and some medical providers. Its a big hospital what do you expect, nothing can be perfect.
Pros
On campus food options, great pension, 401K, top notch medical and dental benefits, Pto, short-term and long-term diability, contract employement positions
Cons
Communication between providers and nurses, floating (as needed-shared amongst all staff and take turns)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbott Northwestern Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval