AbbVie Employee Reviews

Nice place for a brief pit stop
Clinical Study Associate (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILApril 27, 2016
Abbvie uses its location heavily to its advantage as there are no other large pharma companies based in the area. They use this to leverage low pay and posses the mentality they do not care if you stay or leave. Upward movement within the company is stagnant and many directors and managers are hired from external sources. Extremely high turn over and require you to be a contract employee with no benefits, sick days , or paid time off for a year prior to being hired. Great for a brief pit stop then move on to an actual career with upward opportunities. Terrible at talent retention. Focus more on incoming college students than employees that already work there.
Great place to work.
Risk Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILSeptember 14, 2016
Many career opportunities. Theres something for everyone. Well managed and great benefits. I would reccomend this company to anyone wanting to expand their breadth of knowledge or wanting to fuether their career.
Management Not well
Industrial Mechanic (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2016
The company is great, the work is fun and there is a lot to learn so it is challenging in a good way. Benefits are awesome. But I have a lack of immediate Management.
Awful culture
Training Design (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2016
New company with old ways. Poor management. No advancement unless you're friends with a manager. Average benefits. VPs in place that have no business in the position and rule like a dictator.
Fun place to work
Senior Specialist Global Medical Review (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 19, 2016
Great culture and great benefits. They always emphasize a all for one attitude. They also promote from within quite a bit even during times of restructuring.
serious management problems, no chance at advancement
Contract Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2016
Management very focused on vendettas against each other. Same people get promotions and usually the least qualified for the job. Corporate culture is management does no wrong and employees cause all problems themselves.
Pros
good salary & benefits
Cons
14+ hour days and weekends expected of you
Great Place to Work
Sr. Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 24, 2016
Abbvie is a great place and environment to work in and once hired in as an employee has amazing benefits and work culture.
Good Company to Work For
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 17, 2016
Good company to work for for the most part... good benefits, good environment / culture, on site gym, bank, Starbucks, and cafe
Good company but limited growth potential.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  KentuckyOctober 18, 2016
Good company but limited growth potential.
Not as innovated as other organizations.
Using older sales techniques to sell product.
Good marketing department.
Promotions are limited if you are in field sales.
Still have low numbers of diversity in management positions.
Pros
Good company.
Cons
Growth potential is limited.
Great company with many good people
Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Lake County , IL.May 9, 2016
Had a wonderful career with company that I am very proud to be a part of Worked with many great people . Worked way up to senior scientist position despite having just BSc degree. Abbvie continues to be a good company with good people and a good vision. Downside is they still base career advancement based on scientific expertise/knowledge. A brilliant scientist with advanced degrees and numerous publications does not translate to a good manager of people. Too many brilliant scientists with high level management positions that lack good people management skills
Pros
benefit package better than average
Cons
more personal support for individual employees
Very busy place and nice to work
Information Specialist II (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2015
I wish if I could get more extension with Abbvie, it is a very nice working place I have learnt a lot. Team work and cooperation is what I have acquired from there.
They have a very good management and the co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
The hardest part is when there is a change to a new tasks that can drive us through a lot of training but at the end of it we get together. I will mention that's the enjoyable part of it when everything is moving smoothly.
Pros
employees happy hours
Cons
No benefits for contractors
Production Line Operator
Controlled Drug Packaging Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILAugust 23, 2016
My day involves constant attention to detail and the ability to work effectively and efficiently with other people. My tasks are frequently change and require the ability to be flexible and supportive of management directives and initiatives. The greatest challenge keeping communication open between various groups over a large manufacturing floor. I enjoy the daily challenges of learning new tasks and growing technically.
Pros
Knowing I am making a difference in the lives of our customers/patients
Cons
Too many floor supervisors giving varying directives
growth opportunities
Biologics Operator I (Current Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRAugust 10, 2016
growth opportunities
team work
interesting process

The indu• Operating machinesfor esterilizing important parts for biotechnological process such as, autoclaves, CIP systems (Cleaning in Place), Delta V.
• Realized test pH, conductivity, osmolality and integrity of filters.
• Monitor processes through computerized and visual inspection systems and recognize when the process parameters are diverted to alert and take action.
• Take samples on computers at different times of processes, prepare the equipment and laboratory testing as required
• Inspect equipment to verify that they are operating within the parameters set.
• Complete the Mes system steps.
stry has interesting processes
Very friendly and flexible atmosphere
Capital Planning Resource Contractor (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJune 1, 2016
I liked working for AbbVie. The management was very understanding and does not micromanage. Very flexible schedule can chose my own hours. Job Advancement is horrible. I was a contractor and they had no work for me. I was let go due to no work. They don't hire employees just contractors so no room to grow.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No room to advance
Good
It's a nice place to work and get fit and the management plus co-workers are Okay.
the hardest part its an outside job the weather situations like winter season it is very tuff to work but the good part we interact with a variety of people in a daily basis in which I enjoyed a lot.
Pros
meet different people
Cons
no good benefits
Enterprise FTP IPSWITCH application engineer
Middleware Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2016
The product IPSWITCH gives users the ability to share files within the company and outside the company firewalls usually for 3rd party vendors to update and retrieve documents in a secure area. No limit on file sizes - disk space was always a concern. A typical day at work would be setting up new users and creating the environment for each dept needs and use. The hardest part of the job was managing resources without clear and defined roles of who would be responsible for outcome deliverables. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing satisfaction and quick turn around time to Customers and as an alternative to the standard MQ messaging environment which was both costly and cumbersome for small business units within the organization.
Pros
Great product
Cons
Not sure who's responsible for what - data center outsourcing adds additional contacts
Very productive and fast Pace, lots of learning / Not a fun job culture
HR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2016
Great place to learn and gain very relevant experience that will take you far in live.

Not a lot of work/life balance, and some micro-managing as part of the culture. Very productive and rewarding, but not a lot of fun
Pros
Productive, Rewarding, Lots of Learning
Cons
Tons of work, no work/life balance, not a very sociable culture/fun to work
Sterling Coorporation
Change Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Abbott Park, ILOctober 20, 2016
AbbVie Pharmaceuticals is simply a wonderful place to work. I was a Change Management Consultant for the Purchasing Dept. I worked under wonderful people and was paid well. Can't say enough good things.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Commute from Chicago
AbbVie is great!
Biologist III (Contract Scientist) (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 15, 2016
AbbVie values its employees.

Provides opportunities to grow and connect.

Managements try their best to listen to employees and provide solutions. Projects goals that are inspiring and motivating.
A Typical Day @ Abbvie
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2015
It's a call center so it's very busy you are answering phones taking inquiries from patients, doctor offices you are performing a lot of data entry and updating of patient information/demographics. I have learned a lot about the system that we use due to the fact I have never used Scriptmed before. The management team is comprised of 2 TL's and 3 supervisors we are pretty much split up between each supervisor. I don't see my manager much except when she is walking the floor to go into a meeting I see a lot of emails from her however. I do see my supervisor on a weekly basis to go over stats, productivity and things of that nature. My co workers are lively some are just there for a job, others want to advance into other departments and then you have the ones who try and work hard because they feel they have something to prove. The hardest part of the job to me there isn't really one for me. I mean when you have been in customer service you learn that you are going to deal with all kinds of people. It's about being humble remaining calm and having the attitude that you can deal with anything. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the patients knowing that I am doing for them what they couldn't do for themselves.
Pros
great benefits, flexibility of schedule