ABEINSA EPC Employee Reviews

clean and fully equipped office
Project Engineer - Electrical, E. E. on R. (Current Employee) –  Hinkley, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Excellent working habit. Team work. Fully supportive. Devoted workers. Always complete the tasks assigned. Spanish speaking company. Veterans are highly reliable.
Good people
Field Engineer- Abengoa Mojave Solar Plant (Former Employee) –  Hinkley, CASeptember 27, 2017
Excellent people I met there, I will miss them, I learned a lot from them. Very prepared and experienced personnel, great communication and team players
Everyday tasks
Logistics and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Hinkley, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Day to day operations and duties varied, as long as my duties were met milestones were on time I was left to operate with impunity. Only major issue was the Management from spain needed more experience and refused to leave the office or listened to anyone who had it
Pros
Full autonomy
Cons
No future placement
Foreigner company with different vision of American work culture
Activity Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hugoton, KSNovember 2, 2016
Company has good Salary and good Benefits but Lack of experience on management and engineering. Spaniard culture is absolute different to the american culture.
Pros
Fast advance. friendly environment
Cons
Manager are very protective of those who dont work. Too many relatives working in the company
Office management lack skills to preform duties
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2016
Total lack of safety protocol there by putting to employees health and safety in danger and management in my mind did not know what they where doing.
Productive and fun place
Survey Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAOctober 18, 2015
Big company from Spain, trying to do their best on American market. Good place to work, great management support, hot environment
Fast Pace, having to multitask, great team to work with.
Administrative Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Hinkley, CAOctober 1, 2015
This job was fast pace. Once you completed an assignment you immediately moved on to the next. I had the opportunity to work with diverse cultures and ethnic backgrounds.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Healthcare
fun and exciting
Health and Safety administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Calexico, CAJuly 3, 2015
great place to work at. if you are looking for a exciting job were you can travel and work with different departments this is definitely the place.
Tax Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2015
The company is very young in the United States and thus offers plenty of opportunities and flexibilities. The working environment is very culturally diverse and coworkers are from different countries all over the world.
Complex and remote environment I loved the challenge!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hinkley, CaJune 24, 2015
Very fast paced work environment. I learned that I enjoyed receiving tracking and inventory, and the environment of these crazy construction projects. The working conditions were excellent considering the remote location. co-workers from many different countries kept things very interesting and I learned I could work well with them. The hardest part of the job was some of the attitudes. The most enjoyable part was successfully completing the challenge of receiving storing and then finding the parts and equipment required by the many subcontractors we worked with. I went from knowing nothing about the field I entered to being one of the employees most relied upon by vendors, subcontractors and fellow workers on site.
Pros
Carpool, benefits
Cons
No real chance for advancement
very interesting challenging job
Site supervisor (Former Employee) –  caMay 21, 2015
Ive learned here abut solar plants and managing people, great and knowlegeable people to work with.unfortunately the company moved to a different project out of the state and i had to continue my education and had to live the company.
Pros
free lunches, great pay
Cons
far away from home
Great workplace
HR Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2015
Learned how to file properly. Hardest part was not getting it done that same day. Co workers were very friendly. Management was grewat as well.
good company to get training . may be things will change in near future..
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Hugoton, KSJanuary 29, 2015
I've learnt a lot at this company . If you are at the office its typical 9-5 schedule , but if you are at sight its 6-8. Long hours and stressful.

Coworkers are cooperative. Company is Spanish based so the work hours are different than others. You will be working along with a lot of Spanish people. Long lunches and late nights at work.

Lots of reports and trainings. Actually you spend more time writing about things you are supposed to do than actually be able to do them.
Pros
you learn a lot
Cons
lots or reports and charts, I did about 4 report a week. took a lot of time to gather information to finish reports.
Very Professional with a fast paced environment
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Hinkley, CADecember 28, 2014
Good company, Well rounded employees with a positive attitude.
Global fast paced cultured environment
Corporate Recruiting Manager/Global Mobility (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 15, 2014
-Abengoa is a fast growing global company whose vision and mission is for everyone to see a bigger picture and constantly have growth.
Productive day supervising the construction of the ACC
Mechanical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pofadder, NCDecember 5, 2014
Firstly the number of workers working on the ACC would be noted daily ranging from Structural Assemblers, Welders, Crane Operators, General Workers etc. Being the client on site I could not interfere in job allocation of any of the employees of the sub-contractor, so the amount of workers working daily was only for production purposes.

I learnt that although you have a planned production schedule, there are uncontrollable elements that might hinder the completion of a job; Weather conditions not appropriate to perform tasks (Working on heights in wet conditions- NO GO), Job completion is dependent on another job. In situations like these one has to have alternative jobs that can be conducted i.e Housekeeping etc. Also to communicate effectively with other supervisors working in or around your area, seen that all jobs on site (individually) are equally important but vary in priority rating.

The hardest part of my job was to actually confront work that is of poor quality, or work that needs to be redone as this amounts in lost time and unnecessary penalties to the sub-contractors. But it had to be done to ensure that a quality ACC would be erected.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being on site everyday as I learnt something new each day I was on site, I can speak Spanish.
Pros
Lunch, accomodation, company transport
Goal driven employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calexico, CAOctober 28, 2014
Excellent work environment. Employees from all parts of the world come together for a common goal, to complete the project at hand. In my case, it was the construction of the world’s largest single-axis photovoltaic plant.
Pros
Great health benefits for employees and their families.
Cons
Projects with a completion date are usually temporary.
No Comments
CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 20, 2014
Spanish owned company sponsored by O'Bamas/Dept. of Energy
Pros
Finished 18Month assignment w/ulcer
Cons
80% employees from Spain working in U S A
Tense
Administrative Assist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2014
Very tense place to work at. co worker just hated new comers. wasnt a place of enjoyable actions towards new employees. its a revolving door.
Pros
benefits, salary.
Cons
very intense place co workers refuse to help each other too much gossiping and not enough helping.
Diverse, productive and fast past working environment
FIELD COORDINATOR ABEINSA EPC (Current Employee) –  Hinkley, CASeptember 16, 2014
Fast past environment where everyone involved has a target and goal to complete the project.
Pros
Supportive supervisors & travel reimbursement
Cons
Culturally divided / language barriers