Structural Design Engineer - Full / Part Time
The Design Engineer will work under the direction of Project Manager(s). The candidate will perform structural design tasks, structural modeling, code research, and other tasks as directed. The candidate will work on multiple projects and design a variety of different material types.
- Structural design of commercial buildings.
- Work under the direction of project manager(s) performing individual structural design tasks to complete projects on time.
- Typical tasks include load development, structural modeling, individual member designs and review of shop drawings.
- Conduct field surveys of existing buildings when necessary.
- Interact with clients on a limited basis to assist the Project Manager(s) and to keep the projects moving.
- Structural design experience a plus.
- Experience with commercial building design a plus.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Autocad is a must.
- Experience with REVIT a plus.
- Experience with RAM Structural System is a plus. Willingness and desire to learn new software is necessary.
- Experience with structural design in accordance with the IBC is a plus.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Abel Consulting Engineers is a structural design firm based in Gaithersburg, MD. We maintain a dedicated client base by providing structural...