Abengoa

Abengoa Employer Reviews

Flexible hours and good benefits, but it stops there
Engineer (Current Employee), Chesterfield MOJuly 11, 2014
Pros: flex hours and benefits
Cons: current management
As a current employee, I can honestly say that myself and a few other co-workers are terribly unhappy with this company. It is a very sterile unfriendly work environment.

All I can say is, the benefits and flexible work schedule is the best part of the company.

Abeinsa Business Development is ran less efficient than a government agency.

There is – more... no hope for a future for this company. During hiring negotiations and when you are hired, you are promised a song and dance, once you start working everything changes quickly. It's very much like a bait and switch. There is something to be said when only 7 out of 100 employees have been there longer than 15 years and everyone else has been there 5 years or less; it is a very rapid turn over establishment.

Current management runs the place through fear and they do not care about their employees; they care about the not so good bottom line. There is no interaction between management and lower employees, and if you dare to try to extend the olive branch, you will be shunned. Plus, they expect you to work 12 hours every day; I am shocked no one has turned them over to the Labor Standards Board for review.

There is no work culture, its the Spaniard way or the highway.

If you are an American and you are okay with being stuck at entry level or middle management for the rest of your life, then this is the company for you. Smart driven people will not succeed in this company due to smug Spaniards who think they are smarter and better than you. God forbid if you ever have to point out a Spaniards mistake, they will either never acknowledge their mistake was made or will try to find a mistake you made just to rub it in your face. And, if you do make a mistake, they will bring it up and hold it over your head forever. If you are an American and work your tail off, the best raise you will get is between 5-12%, while Spaniards will receive 15-20% at the same job no matter how they have performed during the year. Also, if you have any type of higher education past your Bachelors degree, the company will not compensate you for that, so don't waste your time there.

I have never dreaded going into work, until I worked for this company. I am quickly looking for a new job, hopefully with ABD on my resume, I won't be held back from other engineering companies in the St Louis area due to our terrible reputation throughout the community. – less
Challenging
Program Manager, Solana Generating Station (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2014
Internal approval process very cumbersome.
Co-workers pleasure to work with.
It is a challenging work envirorment.
Controls Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2014
It is a challenging work envirorment. Every day is a completely different obstacle to manage.
Learning experience
Process Operator D Crew (Former Employee), Madison, ILApril 6, 2014
Follow records to ensure process of product, P & ID readings, distillation, fermentation, loading of materials, unloading of materials, boilers, dryers, reactors, fork trucks, skids, quality testing, PPE, housekeeping, continuous processing, computer monitoring of systems, and anything else needed to ensure product quality, safety, and compliance
Productive and fun place to work.
Senior Business Project Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2014
A productive and fun place to work. A great team atmosphere working on cutting edge bioenergy challenges.
Awesome place to work
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Portales, NMJanuary 15, 2014
This was a great company to work for. They believed in promotion from within. If this company would have stayed open, it would be awesome place to be.
Nice company.
Civil Engineering Lead (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2013
Good colleagues. Abengoa group is positioned all around the globe, and the projects are really interesting.
TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT!!!!!!!
Former employee (Former Employee), Mt. Vernon, INMay 7, 2013
This has to be the worst managed company I have ever worked for! There is no planning for the future, the management has no clue how the process or equipment operates, there is no training, no accountability for your actions, and promises made when you are hired are never completed. I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO WORK HERE!!!!!
good stable place to work, good benefits good pay
Operations Training Supervisor (Former Employee), Colwich, KSFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: pay was good, schedule was good
Cons: older plant alot of maintenance issues
good strong company, alot of good people worked there, always worked around the family schedule
stay away especially from madison il plant
operator (Current Employee), madision ilJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: management
work you like a dog. conveys that need fix are ignored. shoveling should be in job description. Upper management is a friggin joke. Someone is going to get killed there, they preach safety all day the put you life at risk. Plant manager, HR manager, Maintenance manager, Lab manager all came over from same company. Current employees who applied were – more... passed over for positions, thus this created a good ol boy culture. It all started when they hired the current plant manager. Please stay away – less
Very fast paced environment
Lead Welder/fabricator (Former Employee), Lakewood, CODecember 10, 2012
Pros: i love the hard work
Cons: pay
This was a great place to work, I had two welders working under me here, I taught them a lot about the job and about welding. The company is based out of Spain and it made paying for things and getting things ordered a pain at times but overall, not a bad place to work.
not a great company to work for
Lacky (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MONovember 15, 2012
Pros: nice, very hard working, intelligent people
Cons: pointless trainings, you are just a number
Management doesn't care about its people. Foreign people work lots of hours. High stress, low reward.
Unfriendly Management
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2012
Unfriendly and/or Stressful Management. Clash of cultural values and expectations.
Fast paced environment,with different challanges every day.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Madison, IllinoisOctober 7, 2012
Pros: work schedual, 12 hour dupont
Cons: feel like just a number, not a valued employee
Work with 6 employees and guide and train them on a daily basis.
To my knowledge it's a bioenergy company; speciality is solar collectors, not limited to one specific type.
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Lakewood, ColoradoJuly 16, 2012
Pros: flex spending account, 401 k plan, eco pass for the year.
Cons: paid's once a month, low wages', slim chances of moving up the ladder.
Abengoa Solar Inc in Lakewood, CO is a private company categorized under Solar Heating Contractors. Our records show it was established in 2006 and incorporated in Colorado. Products or Services: Residential Solar Water Heating, Solar Thermal Heating, Solar District Heating, Solar Heating Units and Solar Space Heat.

My review is; they’re an excellent – more... corporation to work with and under especially if you’re inclined to be adapted to their system and have extensive amount of education in the bio-energy field. Also if you’re a good people person, and team orientated individual. You’re fit into their program; goal driven is always a plus in the right direction, and also alike we'll be able to work together, toward that mark in which that supremacy reigns in the industry of bio-energy. – less
Excellent work schedule...Thats about it.
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, INJuly 1, 2012
Pros: 8 on 6 off work schedule is the only good thing.
Cons: cons are listed below
I work in maintenance and I will only rate my department. Management is little to non existent. Can not steal a part let alone buy one to fix anything the correct way. There is no structure to the group. No way to move up in the company without someone leaving or getting fired. Very restrictive, we are not allowed to think on our own and do the jobs – more... that we have been hired to do. Micro-management at its best. Wage is mediocre at best but because things are not maintained or repaired with the correct parts there is a lot of opportunity for over time. If you do not mind spending 60+ hours a week working to make 50-60K a year. – less
Very sterile work environment. Not a lot of people walking around with smiles.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOJune 7, 2012
Pros: clean, professional work environment
Cons: little to no interaction with employees/management, didn't feel good about going in each morning.
Everyone pretty much keeps to themselves and does their job. The current management needs improvement. Seems like they lead through fear. I think the company could be a good one to work for and I think they would get more out of their employees if they made some managerial adjustments to help create a more interactive, fun, work atmosphere. After a – more... week, I was dreading going in to work. I've never had any issues fitting in to a work environment until I started to work at Abengoa. – less
Fast pace work place.
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee), Englewood CO.June 6, 2012
I would get to work early to set up shop for the different jobs of the day, File and document papers for the day. I would document all incoming and outgoing freight, international and national. I would train others on assembling Solar collectors from start to finish.
My favorite part of the job was the responsability of handling and building such high – more... value products. – less
Horrible Management and no room for advancement
Operator (Current Employee), Madison, IllinoisJune 2, 2012
Cons: benefits, pay, hours, and management
Been there since day 1. Worst job I ever had, no room for advancement unless your a chemical engineer. Can't wait to leave. Plant manager is clueless and HR is a nightmare. Do not come here unless your despirate.
Very Productive internship
Assistant design engineer (Former Employee), Lima, PeruMay 2, 2012
Pros: lots of learning
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work started by reviewing work done from previous day and asking my supervisor if she needed help with something. Most of the days I studied plan drawings and reviewed structural calculations from a subcontractor. I used excel as a tool to do my actual designing and AutoCAD to correct the drawings that needed some changes. I also reviewed – more... soil surveys and summarized them for my supervisor.

I worked with two other engineers in the same office. One electrical engineer and the other a civil engineer. We worked as a team helping each other in daily tasks and sharing our knowledge to perform more efficiently. We were part of a whole office floor where mechanical, electrical and civil engineers worked together in designing substations and transmission lines.

The most enjoyable part of my job happened when I finished a task after long hours of working and even though it was hard work I felt that I was learning a lot and being useful in the office. – less

1 2 3 4