Abengoa Employee Reviews

Just don't! Don't even think about it.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Gila Bend, AZOctober 12, 2016
You might be thinking, "well, the drive isn't that bad". "I can do that". Just don't! The job, the management, the pay, the type of work, the lack of safety culture....it's not worth it. My experience there reminded me of the stories my dad told me from working in the oil field back in the late 70's. There is no safety culture and I regret not calling OSHA.
Pros
Health benefits are pretty good.
Cons
Not enough space or time for me to write here.
Great People / Poor Management
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, ILOctober 4, 2016
Small shifts, get to know everyone pretty good. Work together as a team.
Started from beginning at plant, learned a lot about the refinery industry. Believe that the corporate management was not really familiar with this type of refinery, seemed to be a learning process. Couldn't seem to keep the people that were from this type of industry, pay was too low. Still had some really good people that came through!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Management has holes, some are managers.
Experience gaining, self skill building, low safety awareness
Instrumentation & Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Gila Bend, AZSeptember 6, 2016
A series of tasks were assigned in priority to the plants necessity for function and use. Job safety analysis and safety protocols were overlooked which made high awareness for safe safety and self skill building. Management was non rewarding and very demanding in hours. Very long commute to remote location made for long days especially when working 7 days a week for mandatory months at a time.
Interesting work environment / multi cultural
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MO - Evansville, IN - Hugoton, KSAugust 21, 2016
During construction of plant site, work days were rather busy and hectic. On site management was helpful and varied. Learned various construction lingo and how to read construction drawings, and a variety of computer skills.
For me, the most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of people I worked with and met along the way. Hardest part, being so far from family.
fun work place to learn about clean energys
senior pipe stress (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MEJuly 27, 2016
i was working in a Solar proyect fo Sudafrica and was very funy cause the colaboration of Spain and Mexican Office were excellent
Gained extensive expertise but management and CEO are awful
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 27, 2016
You gain responsibilities very quickly so that's nice but at the same time the pressure and very high pace coming from management along with their nonsene decisions have taken the company to this situation.
Nice place to work
Executive Admin. Assistant to the President (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2016
Company is very unstable besides that is a great place to work, good work environment and people so friendly. A great place to work and to learn a lot.
management is terrible but great benefits
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 14, 2016
great benefits but management is terrible , now they went bancrupcy . my time really flexible there. I learned a lot from working there, you have to be very self-motivated and self- taught to work for them
Outdoor Job made this tolerable.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INJuly 4, 2016
Worked 7 12's for 2 years straight. Management of each department all worked together at previous job. This made working for them impossible. Blamed everything on maintenance. Maintenance planner was stealing from the company all the time. Me turning him in got me fired. They were protecting each other. The place was a dump. It was unsanitary and unsafe. I hated being watched on camera constantly, loved working outdoors. Because management ruled with threats of firing you constantly this caused the place to develope brown nosers. Employees feared losing their job so bad they kissed butt and turned into yes men, you couldn't trust anyone.
Pros
Outdoor Job
Cons
Lying, stealing, corrupt Management, fake solar panels, green company mass waste
Production Oriented
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INMarch 10, 2016
Very good place to work. awesome company based in Seville, Spain, which I visited. Such a beautiful place and I hope to go there again. Anyhow, you'll have no worries as you'r in good hands if you work here.
Good Company
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 28, 2016
It was a good company to work for but they went bankrupt and did not help out all the employees once everyone was laid off. It was a sad day to see all the people lose their jobs right after Thanksgiving without warning.
Stressful
H&S Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gila Bend, AZJanuary 6, 2016
This job will you require to be on your toes 24/7, staff is friendly and works well with everyone. I enjoyed working closely with facilities and operations on getting issues resolved.
Great people. Horrible management.
maintenance (Current Employee) –  Hinkley, CADecember 30, 2015
No job security, management hides behind paperwork. Operations crew and Maintenance crew continually bad mouth each other.
Pros
meet some good people
Cons
bad people out weigh the good people
Productive workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2015
Responsibilities included; maintaining related activities for processing payment and invoice queries for 50+ vendors
great opportunities, poor corporate management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 2, 2015
Great learning and growth opportunities. Pay was inequitable. Work-life balance was mythical.
Parent company was unethical, managed poorly, and inefficient, and is now suffering the consequences.
Very exciting and interesting projects
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 2, 2015
I liked to work on renewable energy projects that contributed the future of the earth's resources, learned a lot about unconventional projects
Pros
traveling to different cities and countries
Cons
career advancement
stay away
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INNovember 22, 2015
Without a doubt the worst company I have ever worked for. There is no limit to the number of hours you are expected to work. I have personally worked a 20 hour day more than once. No advancement. Poor management. Pay is on the low side.
Pros
Cons
long work hours, poor management
Very intersting work and industry
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 4, 2015
This is a great place if your are starting your career. However, not great advancement opportunities. It has good company culture and the work itself is very interesting.
Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 13, 2015
Great to work on interesting projects and advanced technology, but management is Spanish and really doesn't understand that US employees have standards and won't put up with too much B.S.
productive
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Gila Bend, AZJuly 11, 2015
good company to work for I just moved away. and while I worked there it was a good job. and if it wasn't so far away I would work there still.
Pros
up
Cons
down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abengoa. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval