Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch Employer Reviews

Corporate Culture
General Manager (Former Employee), Tysons Corner, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Enjoyed all of the people I met. Unfortunately the pay was not worth the long hours and hiring practices of the company.
Great Company
Store Manager (promotion) (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILJanuary 26, 2015
I was promoted several times and was the Store Manager at 4 different locations. I was able to recruit and train several Manager's in Training into Assistant Managers, as well as develop Assistant Managers into Store Managers.
Fun atmosphere, great co-workers
Retail (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Typical work days were very slow and easy to handle. Holiday hours were by far the hardest working days and long hours. Management was great, they helped me understand the business fast. Co-workers were extremely friendly and helpful. We all worked as a team and always asked questions. Hardest part of the job was the smelling the men's Abercrombie's cologne. The most enjoyable part of the job was that is was a fun atmosphere and having a great time with co-workers while getting the job done.
This place was okay to work for a while
Overnight Crew (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: not free meals sucks
Cons: short breaks
Just get the store ready for the next day fold a lot of clothes and clean closets and fitting rooms.
Productive, fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: quick ascension within management ranks
Cons: compensation and split days off
- Learned to be very patient
- Quick atmosphere, must learn on the go
- Co-workers are usually around the same age and are fresh out of college (mgmt)
- The hardest part was the split days off and work/personal life balance
Productice and easy enviroment
Handler (Current Employee), New Albany, OHJanuary 20, 2015
operate a Pallet Jack Loading scanned products into trailer. The job isn't hard. I enjoyed helping others making our job very easy.
productive and fun workplace
Model (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2015
Typical day at work would be greeting people helping customers with whatever needs they have. The hardest part about the job would be learning product and remembering where everything is because its never in the same place for long. My co-workers i worked with were very fun and outgoing. It really made work fun and go by fast.
fun workplace
merchandise processor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free pizza
less hours
nothing much
not bad
fair
less than 30 hours a week and not making good pay check very two weeks
but easy place to work
the showcase department had the best items
merchandising processer (Former Employee), New Albany, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: 30% discount
Cons: short breaks
try to sell more than what you sold yesterday greeting people as they come and go
Great job for a kid in high school
Model/Cashier (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 8, 2015
Standing all day with a strict clothing requirement and a not so friendly manager.
Nice place to work but management was not up to par
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee), New Albany, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: operating machinery
Cons: inconvenient location
Very big warehouse
I definitely enjoyed the work environment
Enjoyed cross training
fun place to work in retail
Model- Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 7, 2015
I really enjoy working at Abercrombie however trying to get hours has a tendency to be difficult at times. Great environment, great management. Pay is $7.25 They do expect a lot from you for a simple 7.25p/h. Management is great, and its an ideal job if you are in college however getting over two shifts a week again can be a challenge. physically job is easy. Black Friday will be your worse enemy.
It is a fun workplace, very easy to get along with others and opportunity to meet many different people.
Flagship Store Representative (Current Employee), New Albany, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: scheduling
Cons: benefits
Working at the Abercrombie & Fitch Flagship store is pretty laid back, as long as you're doing what needs to be done at an efficient pace. Over the past 2 years and 3 months I have learned so much about the company and many of my coworkers. I have learned to adapt to many situations and people. I get along with many of my managers, they stay on top of what needs to be done and keeping the storefront up to par. There really isn't a hard part of my job, I am a fast learner and capable of handling any duties given to me. I enjoy my coworkers, they have become a family to me. The people I work with are the reason I enjoy my job as much as I do.
great place to begin your career
Store Manager (Current Employee), DMVJanuary 6, 2015
long hours but with dedication and the right connections, you can receive promotions quickly.
Loud music, fun clothes
Sales Associate & Stockroom Manager (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNJanuary 6, 2015
Management was great, hours and pay wasn't so great, able to move around from location to location, discount was great.

put clothes away for clients, sweep floors, get a sneak peak at the latest new trends.

able move up in the company fairly easy.
N/A
Store Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 5, 2015
Great company to gain management experience. A very inclusive work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was training and developing associates. A typical day at work was opening the store, doing maintenance checks on store property, planning and prioritizing work, directing associates, creating employee schedule, and performing displaying changes, just to name a few duties.
Fun place to work in a productive atmoshere
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), New Albany, OHDecember 27, 2014
Working here was very enjoyable with the fun atmosphere and people to work with. All days working here very very productive as well as fun.
Professional and active atmosphere
Model/Cashier (Former Employee), Northridge, CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: 15% discount of items (excluding fragrances)
Cons: inconsistent hours; company publicly has a bad reputation
A typical day at work would consist of a manager meeting first thing at the start of my shift. Then after we discussed the shrinkage (theft), I would make it to my station (mens, women's, cashier, etc.) Here I learned responsibility for the product. It was my mission to make sure the floor was neat and organized, and that I tend to anyone in need, especially suspected shoplifters. It was because of this I learned how to approach uncomfortable situations with caution and patience, never jumping to make a wrong assumption was a key lesson we were taught.

My co-workers were fun and lively, an attitude that would often rub off on me within our first conversation with each other. This made the atmosphere easy-going and made me feel comfortable; when I made a mistake I wasn't as afraid to ask for help.

For me, the most enjoyable part of the job was when I helped contribute to a sale, satisfying the customer as well as the company.
Retail Mall
Full-Time Stock Associate (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJDecember 25, 2014
• Managed and trained a part-time staff of 20 employees.
• Monitored shipping and receiving along with designing stockroom layout that led to .5% decrease in inventory shrinkage.
• Used planograms to organize seasonal floor sets; processed returns and exchanges while providing friendly customer service.
I already did a review
Model/Cashier (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJDecember 24, 2014
I dont feel like having to type another review of the same exact company, so i guess ill just type whatever comes to mind. Advancement for this company is horrible, why would you need a degree to become a manager? When you work somewhere for a certain amount of time you should be able to move up considering you have learned more than the new guy just coming in.

1 2 3 4 5

About Abercrombie & Fitch

Trading on its century-old name, Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) sells upscale men's, women's, and kids' casual clothes and accessories – Read more

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos