Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,140 reviews matching the search
Produtive and Great Smell to work at
Impact Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job was that is was a place that attracted people from every place around the world and all walk of life.
I learned a little bit of everything when it comes to culture that I take with me in every place I work at
Fun and chill place to work in.
STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 12, 2016
A typical day at work went by fast. I got along with my co-workers and we got our work done at the time it needed to be done. Working in the stock room was sometimes a little hard when things got messy or having to change the season or clearance but we always made it work.
Cons
No benefits..
slow
Sales associate (Model) (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 12, 2016
I stood in place for most of shift and folded clothes while greeting customers. It is very slow placed. not a lot of transactions occur. I did not receive many hours because it was so slow.
Be a people person
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTAugust 12, 2016
Be ready to deal with all kinds of people. Shy or overly aggressive they're always right. And you cant argue back other than that fairly simple and easy job.
Productive and fast paced environment
overnight stock associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work is very productive and fast paced. I learned to be more responsible because with this type of work you are responsible for merchandise. The management and my co-workers are very friendly and make the work environment comfortable. The hardest part of the job is making sure the merchandise is done how it's supposed to be done and the most enjoyable part of the job is having great co-workers who have no problem doing team work if necessary.
Fine to start at but that is it...
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILAugust 11, 2016
Fine to start at but that's pretty much it. The company does not support their managers. The customers are awful and the company does not really care. No balance at all.
Cons
Customers
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2016
a typical day consisted of cleaning the store before it opened for the day, counting each register, stocking the merchandise and making sure clothes were neatly folded and put in their proper place, everything was sized. i learned to work on a team and had the oppurtunity to learn different aspects of different jobs in the store. management was good because everyone was around the same age helping eachother along the way. the hardest part of the job was leaving honestly. most enjoyable part of the job was making a customer happy, connecting with them and learning something new.
Busy, fun work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 11, 2016
I enjoyed being employed with Abercrombie. I enjoyed the customer interaction and assistance. My co-workers were very cooperative. The typical day at work went by exceptionally fast due to numerous jobs that were being completed. I learned a lot about the importance of good customer service, and how to take others opinions into consideration.
Pros
50% all store items
Cons
low pay
Nice
Manager Training (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2016
It's an ok experience. Get good experience learning the business with great management around you. Not a career but a great start to get a management title fast.
Disorganized environment
Stockroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 10, 2016
On a normal day of work I felt that nothing got done because of other co-workers, not the management. During peak-weeks everything was chaotic, and no one had an idea of what needed to be done.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Disorganized
Friendly Workers but that's about it
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 9, 2016
A&F in Ala Moana is one of the most visited retail stores throughout the mall and is rarely not busy.

As a Tier 1 store, it would be thought that the store would be run by professionals, but that is not the case. Most, if not all, of the managers are barely adults, edging more towards the maturity of teenagers whenever something goes wrong. Sometimes I feel like I am back in high school whenever I come into work; it was funny at first, but now the fact that I deal with this every time I come in is ridiculous. The managers obviously have their favorites workers and that takes away from the fact that we are all supposed to be equal.

The compensation used to be above minimum wage but when the state changed its minimum wage, ironically, to match the A&F wage, the higher up management did nothing; unbelievable.

But hey, at least my co workers are all nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
Nice Co Workers
Cons
Pretty Much Everything
Model
Abercrombie And Fitch (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 8, 2016
A&F was fun to work at and meet other people that was into what you're into. Its a different kind of work place but it was always laid back and chill. The hours weren't great though and the scheduling was
fun workplace
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 8, 2016
sorting and stocking clothes taking inventory reviewing stock my coworkers were fun and outgoing management above me were very insightful
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
no heathcare
Fun for 1st job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2016
Great 1st job would not recommend long term but a great option for highschool-ers or young college kids that need experience under their belt. Good stepping stone
A fun and stress-free environment
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2016
I worked over night stocking the store. I enjoyed the people I was able to bring music to listen to. For me it was easy and stress-free.
its chill for a summer job.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLAugust 7, 2016
Everyone is friendly unless youre just mean or upset. People are normally upbeat and in a good mood.
Pros
discounts on clothing.
management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2016
The staff is great, super friendly. Everyone was easy to get a long with and there was always a positive working environment.
didn't like the job
Sales Associate/Model (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 5, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of greeting customers at the door. I didnt quit like managment felt like they were a bit racist. Didnt quit enjoy working at this specific location. The co workers were okay
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
rude manager
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 5, 2016
retail. loud music. strong cologne. A lot of customer service. A lot of folding. Meet some great people, made life long friendship. Micro management though.
hard working environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 3, 2016
the job was alright. The pay was horrible. My coworkers were the only thing that made me enjoy this job. the hardest part of this job was dealing with a horrible upper management team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abercrombie & Fitch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9