Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Stressful
Brand Representative/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Managers are constantly on top of your work, can be hypocritical and only show a genuine interaction with customers and hardly ever with their associates. Aren't the kindest of managers
Pros
Discounts and availability of shifts
Cons
work stress
good place to work for retail introduction
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CASeptember 9, 2017
This job is not for the faint of heart. I learned to have a thick skin and get many tasks accomplished efficiently. I am a better worker because of this place.
Great Environment
HR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 8, 2017
Very good place to work. There are many cliques in the workplace and that can be frustrating at times, but the benefits and advancement are very good.
Pros
Lunch cafe
Cons
Pay
Merchandising
Associate Merchant, Hollister Girl's Layering (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 8, 2017
Good place to work with great benefits. OK work life balance. You can take on a lot of responsibility very quickly and there is opportunity to move up within the company; however, there is constant change and turnover.
A productive and fun workplace, but was stressful and boring at times.
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJSeptember 8, 2017
Abercrombie and Fitch is a great starter job, because employees will learn how to work on a sales floor and how to interact with different kinds of customers.
Pros
30% Discount on all clothing
Cons
No breaks, no paid vacations
Not your forever job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLSeptember 7, 2017
Definitely decent pay for someone who is fresh out of school with no responsibilities and lives at home. The management is weird, some are cool and some are stuck in their college sorority days.
Pros
hour break
Cons
no consistent schedule, very poor pay and benifits
good starting job
Impact (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 7, 2017
I needed a job in high school so I'm very thankful Abercrombie and Fitch hired me. the associates were very friendly and it was like a home feeling when working there.
Pros
Cons
low salary
good workers
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  fifth avenueSeptember 7, 2017
i enjoyed working for this company i just wish i had a higher pay i also needed more hours. this company is very flexible and understanding but very difficult to get hours
Pros
associates
Cons
hours
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Sold retail products and goods, such as equipment and clothes. Worked with customers to find what they want, ensure a smooth sales process and process transactions.
Great part tim job
Model (Former Employee) –  2701 Ming ave.September 6, 2017
As a model, the job I was assigned was to simply look great, smile, and provide knowledge of the company as well as what it has to offer for myself as well as my custommers.
Pros
Fun and relaxed experience
Cons
Not much growth, not many hours worked.
Stressful - Hard time getting hours
Domestic and International Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHSeptember 6, 2017
I really enjoy the people I work with, however, we never know how many hours we will have that week. Raises stop after a certain point and you will never make anymore money no matter how long you are employed. I have been there 15 years and will not making anymore money than I do now. No cost of living raise. Nothing.
Pros
People
Cons
No raises
Easy come easy go
Sales (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 5, 2017
Pretty Chill job, nice co-workers, good pay and a smile on the face everyday. The discounts were the best benefits. Would come into work in a bad mood but would change after getting off.
eaisy
stock adviser (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 5, 2017
the job was fairly easy, it was a non-stressful job that didn't take a lot of effort. for the most part all I did was open shipment boxes and would tag them and either out them in back stock or out of the floor.
Pros
flexibal hours
Cons
didnt put me on schedule much
good people
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHSeptember 5, 2017
Their is a disconnect between the people at top and hard workers on floor running equipment. I really like working their and hope i get to continue working there until i cant. I like the guys and did not mind the workout. I am happy to try and work hard and keep this my current postion
Pros
decent pay
Cons
flawed number system
Great teamwork and discounts on clothing.
Model (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 3, 2017
A typical day at work:
-My position at Abercrombie was model I was required to greet and help customers. I occasionally help with the cash registers and night drops.

What I learned:
-That the customer is always right, organizational skills, and that teamwork makes the dream work.

Management:
-The mangers where always great to their employees and was always there when needed.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No Benefits
It's mostly for teens
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2017
Only good thing is during holidays but other than that it was pretty bland. Really slow and just folding clothes. Got to work only 2-4 days. Shifts are 4 hours long as well.
Terrible and Horrifying work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 2, 2017
Abercrombie barely gives any work hours at all, and they're always hiring new people. Job training is terrible because they barely teach you the proper way of doing things, you just have to figure it out yourself. The last store manager was so rude to everyone, including customers.
Poor place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 1, 2017
The values of the company are lacking. There aren't benefits for its workers to use in the even of sickness or any extenuating circumstance, and if there is, the company highly discourages using it.
Pros
Not busy job
Cons
Great work environment, great management team.
Overnight Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Ever team of the store was awesome, and great work environment. Met some great customers from around the world, and they gave me great memories. Awesome job.
Good work experience, only sometimes stressful.
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJSeptember 1, 2017
A lot of time spent on your feet doing a range of different things like completing transactions, cleaning out fitting rooms, putting back clothing, cleaning up areas, etc. Can be stressful at times when District Managers are coming to evaluate, but overall a good experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abercrombie & Fitch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9