Abercrombie And Fitch

Abercrombie And Fitch Employer Reviews

Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTSeptember 11, 2014
Compare merchandise invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct.
Design and set up advertising signs and displays of merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
Receive, open, unpack and issue sales floor merchandise.
Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred – more... merchandise.
Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
Answer customers' questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection.
Clean display cases, shelves, and aisles.
Itemize and total customer merchandise selection at checkout counter, using cash register, and accept cash or charge card for purchases. – less
too many workers
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), san marcosAugust 27, 2014
They have to many associates, so getting hours is tough. job is easy,
Fast paced workplace
Store Manager Hollister (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great business experience
Cons: work/life balance
Abercrombie and Fitch is a company with 3 sister stores that work together (Abercrombie, Hollister, and Abercrombie Kids). Managers learn how to run all aspects of a busy retail store; from scheduling to merchandising, It is a high stress environment where there is little work/ life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all the – more... employees and corresponding with home office and other managers within the area. – less
Slow paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CaJuly 29, 2014
Customer interaction with marketing and goal oriented. Job that kept you busy at all times.
productive
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 23, 2014
Cons: short breaks
i would pick the things that needed to go in the order and put them on the cart.i learned how to pick,the management wasnt bad but they really need more people.my co workers were alright i didnt really get the chance to talk to them.the worst part about the job was we only had to breaks in 10 hours.
T Shirt and Jeans uniform
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), New Albany, OHJuly 17, 2014
Pros: cafe
Cons: parking
great work environment, very professional but casually dressed.
All About Image
Store Manager (Former Employee), buffalo nyJuly 11, 2014
Pros: fun environment with fun people
Cons: all about image
Started with the company in Los Angeles where it was a great fun place to work. I then transferred to buffalo new york to help train the district and bring company standards up. Ironically, the first time I heard the company really really caring about its image was in buffalo, not in Los Angeles.

I was a store manager, had a visit with my regional – more... manager and my feedback was: "You're not going to get promoted any further because you dont have good enough looking people working for you"

It didn't matter that my store was posting positive results for the first time in years, that we were getting perfect scores on audits etc, My people apparently were too ugly – less
Fun place
Impact Team Member (Former Employee), Westlake, OHJuly 8, 2014
Pros: easy lunch access, fun
Cons: hard to advance
Everyone at A&F is very welcoming and mostly attractive. Sometimes there are hectic days but not all the time. I learned to count on yourself to get the job done. I did not receive a yearly review or a raise which is the reason I quit. Very enjoyable workplace. Lunch is easy to get.
fun , overworkws
Stock associate (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJuly 3, 2014
nice people and co worker ,
but take worker for granted
climbing shelves
Young and fun retail environment for college students
Impact (Part Time) (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 3, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere, flexible scheduling
Cons: no sun, only less than part time hours offered
A typical job day would involve anything that would normally involve maintaing stock so doing go backs, marking prices, lot's of heaving lifting, folding new and old merchandise to then run and put out on the floor and be organized from there. Some days I would be needed to assist customers finding something in the back stock or helping them with any – more... questions they had about merchandise. Through working at Abercrombie I learned the in's and out's of the retail business and working with coworker's my own age an experience which I had never had before. My only challenge with the job was the fact that you didn't see the sun much but you got to see a lot of smiling faces when you were able to greet the customers so that was nice. – less
good surrounding
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 2, 2014
Group interview, very little hours, mostly 4 hour shift only, have to buy there clothing every month to wear to work
Basic Minimum wage job
impact team member (Former Employee), norfolk, virginiaJuly 1, 2014
You are under paid for job duties. Process shipment, no room for advancement. It takes a while for you to even get a raise. Job is best for high school students.
Fun workplace
Impact team member (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short breaks
- Always need to have a smile and great customer service.

- I've learned how to communicate with customers better and being able to work as a team.

- My co-workers are great. We've learned to work as a team and make our workplace a fun and a better place.

-The hardest part of the job is knowing at the end of the day if I'm short on the money drawers – more... or not.

- The most enjoyable part is having to work in a place i like and being in a good environment – less
I folded clothes.
Impact Team Member (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: i smelled like cologne and dressed cool.
Cons: standing the entire shift.
I would go in looking pretty cool to fold clothes. That's pretty much it.
Ok if you're young
Sales Associate (Model) (Former Employee), Waikīkī, HIJune 25, 2014
Something to do if you're young and want to meet beautiful people. Aside from that, the most boring, pointless job ever.
not a bad gig
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), New Albany, OHJune 25, 2014
Pros: discounts and benefits
Cons: the hours
picked and pack clothing and accessories for Abercrombie. the hours weren't that great but the people working there are great and are hard workers. Loved going to the sample sales and getting great discounts!
The only thing constant is change.
Inventory Management (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 19, 2014
Pros: fast-paced environment, consistent review process
Cons: work-life balance, constant change in company direction
Abercrombie is a great place to start a career. There are multiple opportunities to both be mentored and to mentor others. It is a great place to learn a lot about not only yourself - there are both quarterly and annual review processes, but also how others operate under pressure. The most challenging part of working at ANF is that things are constantly – more... changing. This can be fun and exciting a lot of the time! However, it can also lead to burning people out. It is definitely a competitive, collaborative, and challenging work environment. – less
Fun Work Place
Impact (Former Employee), Towson, MDJune 17, 2014
Very Cool And Fun Place To Work. Just Be Prepared To Greet ALOT Of People. And Always Remember The Customer Is Always Correct.
fun
Sales associate (Current Employee), Century cityJune 14, 2014
Its a good place to work in
management was a little poor but it was OK
greet with customers helping them to find right clothes and etc :)
steady pace
Overnight Merchandising Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 14, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: no cons
best location in NYC to shop. workers are positive and eager to get things accomplished

1 2 3 4 5