Abercrombie Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Impact (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJAugust 11, 2014
A typical day at work is unpacking the boxes in the stockroom. My co-workers were real good we all work as a team.
model / cashier / back stock
Model/Cashier Back Stock (Former Employee), Hobart, IN.July 22, 2014
• Model - Represent the brand by providing great customer service and maintaining presentation standards.
• Cashier - Collect payments for customer purchases.
• Back Stock - Maintain merchandise flow and filing.
Productive, busy and very interactive work place with colorful customers and workers
Crew Member (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks, discounts
Cons: no job securty, management, and low pay(minimum wage)
a typical day consists of you interacting with customers, bringing out new merchandise and keeping up the overall maintenance of the store; making sure things move quickly. Through this job, I have learned better communication skills and how to use a register which I picked up very quickly. Management is rather spontaneous. Its usually a young group of managers so you can usually relate to each other. The co-workers are usually cool people to be around which are also usually a young crowd. The hardest part is mostly hang to deal with shop-lifting and difficult customers but thats usually rare. The most enjoyable part is the fact that you make quick friends with the co-workers and sometimes even the customers.
Productive place to work.
Work as a Sales associate and a Model (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 29, 2014
Cons: low pay, low hours
It's a pretty simple job. You don't do much but fold clothes and greet costumers.
Hard to get used to retail
Associate (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 29, 2014
The management only pays minimum wage and only gives one employee a raise once a year.
The management wasn't very nice either. Never talked to me
Fun, organized and productive.
Sales Associate/Model (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2014
Gained helpful interaction skills with customers, organization, and cashier experience.
Perfect job for a college student
Model/Impact Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Ridgeland, MSMay 12, 2014
For the three years I was employed by the company, I can say that it is the most fun job one could have. While expectations to perform were high, the environment was perfect for workers of all kinds to reach their maximum potential.
Mall Store
Stock Room Manager (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 5, 2014
Pros: discount on product, fun environment
Cons: culture of conceit
Abercrombie/Hollister was a surprisingly wonderful place to work. The only downside is for those who are not into the "culture" offered by the establishments. The management are often secluded to back room areas, so this is only really an issue if you are a part time salesperson. The pay was an exact trade for the amount and type of work you do. Often management would only work 5 days a week and there was never an issue with being short on employees. The coworkers were always fun to be around and genuine (though these stores may have been exceptions) and upper management was always on point. Morale was good. The hardest part of the job was keeping a small team of friends on task in a fast paced environment.
it was an okay experience
Impact Team Member (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: overwhelming
i would go in and set up the displays and help costumer with anything they would need assistance with.
poor
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fitch, NYApril 24, 2014
Pros: paid vacation
Cons: very little job security
Abercrombie is not worth the stress that you experience. The turnover rate is high, the pay is low and the stress is unbearable. Theres very little job security due to frequent changes in the management system. The MIT program teaches you a lot, however once the program is complete. the glamour of the job is also lost. The discount is decent, not a good selling point, and the pressure for perfection is debilitating.
great first job to get
Cashier (Former Employee), ontario , caApril 20, 2014
Cashier. Salesperson. Customer Service. Customer Care. Cleaning & Maintain the visual appeal of your store. Develop positive customer relationships.
A good job for students, teenagers with no prior experience.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Model (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAApril 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not enough hours
I love working at Abercrombie. It is so much fun working with people around my age, and everyone is really friendly and helpful. We work as a team and that's our strongest point. There's no individual's goal, we work together and help out each other when one in need. I've learned to organize everything in the most easiest, effective way for customers. I've learned to be more patient, be a good listener and always have a smile on my face in difficult situations. My manager is very understanding, helpful, and always so nice to everyone. It is a great working environment.
Great job culture
Cad Designer (Former Employee), columbus ohioApril 7, 2014
Lots of work
campus is a great job culture
very relax and hard work
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 28, 2014
Abercrombie was a very fun place to work through out high school. It was a good experience to work in retail and inventory.
FUN
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rehoboth Beach, DEMarch 18, 2014
AWESOME COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Good for part time job for students
Cashier, Model (Former Employee), Oakbrook Terrace, ILMarch 15, 2014
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: infrequent and inconsistent scheduling
Job duties include maintaining the appearance of the store and merchandise, assisting customers and stocking merchandise. Cashier duties included processing sales and returns.
it was ok
Sales Associate/Model (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: management
great co workers and great discounts. fun atmosphere. management wasn't that great.
Fast Paced
Brand Rep (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: fun work place, flexible schedule, fast paced
Cons: short breaks, mean customers all day, no room to excel
simple job folding clothes, loss prevention, wear the brand
awful workplace
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 26, 2014
Folding clothes and working the cash register would take place. I learned nothing and hours available was bare minimum; 4 hours max.
part time job
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 17, 2014
This was only a part time job to help me pay the bills during college. It was a good environment but with flexible scheduling, but that is the only positive thing I have to say about the company.