Aberdeen Village Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Aberdeen Village Review
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 5, 2017
My career at Aberdeen Village thus far has been good. They have a good leadership team, good culinary team, good housekeeping team and good maintenance team.
Can be very heavy lifting
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 29, 2017
Overall great place to work. There was a major staff change that I believe made the place better. Unfortunately, there were way to many people hired, so there were way less hours available to work.
Very rewarding working with residents
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 24, 2017
Help residents with daily activities-crafts, exercise, Bible study, special events
Learned that each resident is a unique individual in their wants and needs and they may not like doing the same things as the programs allow for
There was a lot of disagreement between staff and management
Hardest part of job was communicating in a positive way with management
The most enjoyable thing was watching the residents fulfill their highest potentials
Pros
Wonderful nursing staff to work with
Cons
Management would call you into their office over the smallest things-not a positive experience
On the decline
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 10, 2016
management could improve. Surveillance cameras to watch employees and residents everywhere. CNA are stressed out and there is a lot of calls-in and last minutes sick calls...
Pros
Cons
poor management
Unsupportive management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 20, 2016
Management is not supportive. They are more concerned with their bottom line and not the welfare of their residents. Benifits are lacking. Health insurance cost is high. No matching 401K. PTO's accrue at snails pace. No appreciation for cna's, or nurses. Continue to add unreasonable extra duties on staff. Currently using a staffing agency which compounds the inconsistency factor.
Pros
Cleanliness
Cons
Inconsistent staffing
AIT (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 30, 2015
Supportive staff and upper management. The culture is supportive of personal growth and a work /life balance. The best part of the work is the strong relationship you can have with the residence as well as fellow co-workers.They encourage us to have fun and they are not opposed to new ideas and different ways to accomplish the same goal.The management does not micro manage, but will be there if you need them.
Great staff, good benefits, treats employees well
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 6, 2015
This company is full of employees that are passionate about their jobs. The staff treats their employees really well. My co-workers are dependable and helpful. There's a lot of lifting and dirty work, though. It's pretty tiring.
Good place for entry level position
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 6, 2014
This organization is open for new graduates. They offer trainings, refresher courses and has good pay.
Pros
free holiday lunches or snacks, gets reimbursed with CPR certification if you pass
Aberdeen village
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 7, 2014
A typical day was me coming in after high school to serve dinner. I prepared whatever was needed that night for dinner along with other co-workers. Management wasn't very good because they lacked communication skills. I enjoyed being able to serve dinner to the elderly and build relationships.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management, pay
It is wonderful working in aberdeen village. Good staff members and residents .
LPN-IV (Current Employee) –  aberdeen village olathe ksMarch 11, 2013
I work in the evening shift. I normally start by getting report. After report, i do assess my clients,administer medications,treatments as per the MAR. I have gained knowledge on G tube feedings, fingerstick,collectimng specimens for labs, nursing diagnosis, foley catheters, taking vitals and trach care. Am still working in Aberdeen and I just love working there because of the experience i have gained and am continuing to gain.
Pros
they provide accomodation and food during storm
Cons
there is healthcare.
Fun, productive, friendly working enviornment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 30, 2012
Sometimes got to interact with the residents and learn and hear stories about their past. Got to interact with co-workers and learn about him or her and a nice friendly laid back place that was patient and family friendly but also got the job done.
They are great caring place to work.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 19, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the resident smile and say thank you for caring. I start the day by collecting vitals and laundry and giving showers/whirpool baths. We assist the residents as needed to getting mail, getting a item from their closet they can not reach, gathering items for them as needed and assisting in the dining room. We assisted the residents getting ready for bed. As various task that come up thru out the day/evening. The management is great, they really care for their residents and employee's. The hardest part is seeing a resident upset or just sad/depressed. I try to do what I can within my limits to help them and make them happy. I treat them with the respect I will want to be treated when I get there one day and hope the person treats me in the same manner.
Pros
smiles of resident and great co-workers.
Cons
that i need/want more hours to work.