ABHOW Employee Reviews

Management is horrific.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  The Terraces at Los AltosApril 24, 2017
Management is among the worst I have ever worked for in my life.They overwork and take advantage of their employees. The turnover rate is unbelievable.
Pros
Residents, team members
Cons
Management, Corporate Office, No Training, Low Morale
Plymouth village worker
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 15, 2017
I work with this company, they pay me good! They treat their employee really well.Great co workers and residence ! I love working here! We had 3 times general orientation. They provide good food.They give full orienttion new employees had warm welcome in their news papers. Everything is online. You csn pick online what schedule you want.
Pros
Ra
Beautiful Valle Verde Retirement Community
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMarch 9, 2017
Work in a beautiful environment, both culturally and physically. Our work atmosphere is collaborative, friendly and engaging. The care and services provided to the Residents we serve is outstanding!

Our team members are genuine and care about what they do and want to provide extraordinary care to both our Residents, family members and their fellow team members!

We enjoy excellent benefits provided by our organization: health, 401k with employer match, educational assistance, scholarship funds, fringe benefits. The campus in Santa Barbara is beautiful and we enjoy amenities such as a Fitness Center, Wellness programs, pool, library and a great on-site restaurant style dining.

Our organization is innovative and always looking to engage residents and team members in aging well.
Pros
The Residents and the Team Members
Cons
The world needs to know more about what it means to age well.
Thankful for my job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Judson ParkJanuary 22, 2017
I have been at Judson Park for 5 years. While nowhere will ever be perfect, this team cares a lot and provides good care. I've also been thankful that this company takes care of its employees. Ive gotten a raise each year, have good health insurance and I've appreciated the learning opportunities, good food and gym access. Not-for-profit companies have better values.
Pros
We take care of each other
Cons
Free parking but sometimes in gravel lot.
Okay.
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WAJanuary 13, 2017
Management had a hard time separating personal views from business. There was a lot of favoritism in the dining room. Almost like high school. Very childish.
Pros
Great co-workers, amazing residents, fun environment (sometimes)
Cons
Underpaid, unprofessional
Wonderful co- workers/ management is awful
Assisted Living Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 8, 2016
I worked for this company for approx. 2 years, and never in my life have I had to fight for my job the way I did after simply disagreeing with my supervisor. I was told she would destroy me and now I believe it. I loved my residents and staff, but my supervisor and administrator did not handle problems with the staff or our residents as it should have been. State has been brought in multiple times and they have "lost" documents and accused their workers of trying to steal them. Cille- No one had to steal a document that never EXISTED in the first place! By the way; the training needed isn't their either.
Pros
My co-workers who kept me from pooping behind their desks
Cons
Cille Caldwell
Great company, great culture, supportive management
Director of HR/Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CAJanuary 5, 2016
I worked for the ABHOW for almost 15 years.
Great working atmosphere, wonderful residents, friendly co-worker, and supportive management.
Pros
Trainings, Educations Assistance, 401k 4% match
Cons
health benefits could improve
Excellent Company
Withheld (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton CalifonriaJune 8, 2015
Great culture and I would reside or assist a family menber in resididing in one of the communities. It is not a highly accountable company and employees are often given too many chances, but residents always come first. Pay is OK and benefits are really great, especially low cost medical and a strong 401k with no vesting period.
Senior Accountant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 6, 2014
People are friendly and treating contractor as part of their organization. There no difficulty for performing the job, the only problem is not knowing whom you will contact to get information for the job. So, I must be very independently work around with all different departments.
Great work atmosphere, nice and respectful coworker. Great experience.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAFebruary 8, 2013
A typical day at work would be coming in on time of course, getting our work cart that contained all our cleaning equipment (mops,brooms,vacuums, etc.) and begin cleaning the building starting with work orders or request. I learned great responsibilities with this job, on time management, how to interact with people in a nice respectful manner, clean very well, and multitask. Able to take on many tasks right after another. Created a nice connection with managers, supervisors, and all co-workers, which kept the work atmosphere very stress free and fun to work in. Nothing about this job was hard. i enjoyed it very much! I enjoyed the compliments i would get from the residence on how well of a job i did.
Pros
great experience for future jobs.