ABI Document Support Services Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work!!!
Document Retrieval Specialist (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAAugust 8, 2017
Job not career. Hostile work environment! Management is dishonest and unethical. Employees are not treated fairly by management. Management is immature and unprofessional. They are clueless on how to manage properly. No motivation no respect.
Pros
None.
Cons
Management.
Unprofessional management.
Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 30, 2017
Very unprofessional management. Management and director are a joke. They are completely clueless on how to manage. Director and upper management are complete heartless bullies. They have no clue what they doing. ALL employees are miserable because management are racist bullies. Run far away from these people. No good.
Pros
None.
Cons
Management. It would be an ok place to work if it wasn't for corrupt management.
Success depends on facilities completing your request
Document Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 26, 2017
I enjoyed the people at ABI. For the role, my success depended on other facilities completing your request that put you at their mercy. You were required to meet quota's in closing requested documents.
Pros
no micro mansging
Cons
job success depended on others completing your request
Document retrieval Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 5, 2017
I liked working for the company good people good work place. I had to leave and relocate for family\personal reasons. Overall I liked working for ABI.
mannn
Order Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 5, 2017
they are a ok company to work for when you're permanent. not contract. No bad blood, time for a new start. The work enviornemnt can be stressful but nothing noone can handle.
Monday - Friday work week
Billing Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 16, 2016
The hours are okay. They do have 4 different shifts, so they try to meet your needs by giving you a choice. You do work a lot of overtime towards the end of the month.
Pros
do your work, and no one really bugs you.
Cons
only 10 minutes breaks and 30 minute lunch
Good
Document Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 9, 2016
Learned legally the HIPAA rights and policy for Hospitals and law firms.Protect patient/client’s rights to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individual have access to medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPPA regulation for multiple states.
Micromanaging system of review and negative environment
Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 23, 2016
The office atmosphere is negative and does not allow people to perform at their optimum due to micromanagement. The employees become a "spread sheet only" and they are dehumanized. There are a lot of factors that effect the employee's ability to "make their numbers" that are out of the employee's control.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Got worse as time went on.
Retrieval specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 27, 2016
The management was awful! Over the years, I've seen a few managers come and go, and they got worse! They do not learn the positions in the office, yet want to tell you how to do the work. She listens to the two supervisors instead of getting out of the office. New hire training lacks! Major favoritism, even though that is denied in meetings. Unless you're friends with the supervisor, there's no hope for advancement. Actually seems like the supervisor wants to take the manager's job. Unless you're a butt kisser, you are not appreciated. If you keep to yourself, you're "unapproachable." If you talk to other employees, you're "spreading gossip." I loved working there at first, but that place is going downhill quickly. Clients that have been there for years are constantly complaining. New client will find out, soon enough, the lack of drive that office has.
Pros
Off on holidays and it's Monday-Friday
Cons
Management, supervisors, hr, lack of professionalism, and the list, sadly, goes on
Form your own opinion
Medical Records Retrieval Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 6, 2015
Upon working here there's a lack of professionalism and there's no structure; you literally have to take what comes to you without complaining.
Pros
Cons
Lack of professionalism
Have sport event for comeraderi
Office Administration/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Redlands CaAugust 28, 2015
Provided 15 years customer service with outstanding front office experience. Explain company personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training. Strong organizational skills, time management and multi-managagment skills of management.
Pros
Better skills, lesser mistakes, better revenue.
Cons
401k
Quiet office setting
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 2, 2015
Sitting long periods of time ,editing incoming invoices. Great management team and co-workers.. Doing the same thing over and over. Great support staff always willing to help.
Boring
Document Retrieval Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 25, 2014
They do not do good with pay raises or acknowledge the individuals who put time and effort into their work
work environment
Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 5, 2014
Management sucks, poor work environment..Management gossip's & talk about their employees negatively...All within ear range.. . Supervisors have no people skills, no training ability what so ever....At no given time when u r asking upper management a question... Should there face, body movement show that u r irritating them...U should have their un devided attention....
Pros
casual
Cons
Know real people skills
Respected local business with good entry-level experience.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 28, 2014
ABI Document Support Services is a company where everyone works to meet a common goal. Each day, members of all teams are in contact with each other to ensure that client orders for legal records are completed with speed and accuracy. In my own department, quality customer service is offered to all attorneys, paralegals, office managers, and insurance adjusters to ensure the building of rapport. As such, solidarity between workers is high, and each person’s effort is appreciated and has been shown to make a difference.
Pros
Good health incentive programs.
Cons
Insurance offered leaves something to be desired.
Poor compensation, insurance and no social interaction
Order Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CA.February 14, 2014
Granted I had been out of the work force for years. So I was pretty disappointed at the total lack of social interaction. If it can't be done on a lunch break, it doesn't happen amongst the employees. The work environment is one of " if you don't know this, you're an idiot" deameanor. Many of us hired at the same time felt we were talked down to when we asked questions; yet in turn they'd encourage you to ask them. Very confusing. During my time there, O.T. was requested at least half the time. I guess that's great if you want the extra money. I didn't!
A typical day at work is tedious for an order entry clerk. I learned that I thought I was attentive to detail and that I can miss a million things even after looking at something for half an hour. The co-worker thing seemed very "clique-ish" to me. The hardest part of the job was opening my paycheck. I didn't feel very rewarded and the health insurance was pretty poor, I got a bill for almost everything I did healthcare relative, AFTER the insurance was billed. The most enjoyable part of the job was 5 p.m ( going home).. There were times I'd speak to a desk partner briefly , and be called on it while I watched and listened to others who were favored, talk half the day away without anyone correcting them about it. A disappointing experience. I ended up quitting. I worked hard , I have ethics and respect for others. I expected the same and oftentimes didn't feel I got the same treatment. I didn't find it rewarding. Jobs have changed a lot over the course of the past decade or more.. It was a hard lesson learned.
  more... I went from being on top of my game with one company.. to feeling like a worthless idiot with another. THAT, along with the lack of compensation, eventually drove me to leave.  less
Pros
casual attire ok
Cons
poor pay, poor health insurance coverage.
Very poor management.
ABI Film Retrieval Especialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 23, 2013
This is a company with a great outlook. The business is great. But is been managed by people who have no idea about the business. Management is limiting the outgrow. That company runned for a few months with no one in charge and it work (that tells you how good the business is...) New management came in - a new burocracy - and business slowed down....instead of increase. Do not expect any training, but if you do not reach Management's goals expect to be let go.
Good work environment, busy.
Order Entry Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 16, 2013
Management is really nice, rules and procedures are great and helps with work flow from a slow to busy days. I have learned a lot in this company, especially about legal ways to submit subpoenas, authorization requests, and workman's compensation requests. Since the company has several office locations and we work throughout the nation, everyday I will learn about other state's laws and rules as it pertains to my job. I learned how to speak to a wide range of people over the phone since part of my job is to call & verify certain information from medical facilities to "mom & pop" shops to law offices.
Pros
a review is done on work performance every 6 months, good management, friendly environment.
Cons
healthcare is too expensive & raises are only about twenty three cents, if you get a good review every six months or a year.
A stressful and fun job to do.
Document retrieval (films) (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 14, 2013
A subpoena is mail/served to a facility (Hospital, Clinic, Dr's office, etc.) requesting x-ray/films/images. My job is to enforce the subpoena. Conacting facilities about our request. First, we request a list of the images.films that facility may have and issued payment for copies of those images. If no images/x-ray films are available then requesting an Affidavit stating that.

Everything, action and conversation is documented in the system. Facilities are located all across the Nation, from Hawaii to New York and Florida.

Once the films/images (CD) are received we verify that all is in order, and ship documentation and films/images to Client (Attorneys).
Pros
its a job recession proof
Cons
i had 250 cases where i was expected to contact each one of them on a weekly bases.
Productive workplace.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 15, 2012
My experience with this company was enjoyable and educational. Most of my knowledge about legal and medical documents came from that job experience.
Cons
management