Abilene Christian University Employee Reviews

Loved it!
Translator and Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 1, 2017
I love working at my own school translating the website to my nativve language. it was an honor to be part of such of something so important for the school.
Fun place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 16, 2017
As a student, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to find a part time job at ACU where you can study most of the time in a quiet environment. Being a TA allows you to reinforce knowledge that is important for you anyway and the professors are very supportive.
Pros
Professors
Cons
Pay
Great People and Relaxing Environment
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 8, 2017
I was a student worker, so a lot of my answers will be skewed because we weren't allowed to work more than 25 hrs/wk, and we were only allowed to make minimum wage. However, besides that, it was an amazing environment, my boss was incredible and understanding when personal situation arose. As long as you could find someone to cover your shift, he didn't ask any questions.
Pros
Great faculty
Cons
minimum wage only and limited hours due to policy
Intense and Exciting
Volunteer Assistant Strength Coach (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 5, 2017
A great place to build experience and grow, but team culture at my time of employment was less than spectacular. Leadership within the strength and conditioning department continually fluctuated and was never stable to the point of "loving my job."
Missions minded
Clinical Instructor Nursing students (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 27, 2017
Staff is genuinely involved in the lives and future of students. My hours as clinical instructor are very fulfilling as I watch students mature into budding new nurses.
Great Student Worker Opportunity
A/V TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 10, 2017
I came into this job with an interest in technology but not an abundance of experience. I learned on the job and was able to do the work on my own quickly after. This opportunity taught me many skills.
Great place to start your career
IT Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2017
ACU has been a major stepping stone in my journey to becoming a working professional. The opportunities I have been given would have been unrivaled at any other company. However, that is where the road ends. Once you have gathered the necessary experience, you should move on. There are next to 0 opportunities to grow and work your way up the ladder.
Pros
Great amenities and atmosphere
Cons
Lack of vertical opportunities
Great part-time, on campus job
Adams Center Receptionist/Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 22, 2017
Only pays minimum wage, but a great place to work. I am given lots of autonomy. Coworkers and management are wonderful. Very relaxed pace and easy to learn the job duties.
Extremely relaxed, good job for an undergraduate in a stressful major
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 16, 2017
It was an extremely enjoyable job. I am a physics major and needed to educate others in scientific ideas and such. The teachers assistant provided me the workplace to work on my communication skills.
Pros
Relaxed workplace
Cons
Not many hours but in my case i didn't want a lot.
Fun and Managable
Teacher Assistant & Tutor (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 26, 2017
I worked as a Tutor and Teacher Assistant , so i had to maintain a positive attitude and welcoming personality towards the students.
I learned how to communicate with others more effectively, as well as managing my time wisely.
Christ like environment
Assistant Sprints Coach (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 7, 2017
Abilene Christian University track and field is an exciting place to work where you are surrounded by a very diverse group of people who love the Lord. It is a very relaxed environment and a joy to work with all the athletes.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Do not have much say in workouts
Adequate situations for employment
Administrative Assistant to the Dean (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 8, 2016
Each position or company had different strengths and weakness. Some places I would recommend to people for employment and some I would not.
Great college job
Referee (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 9, 2016
ACU intramurals has been a great place to work while in college. It is flexible and a fun experience. I have loved working for intramurals.
Fun and lively workplace within the Office of Admissions
Student Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 9, 2016
During my typical day at work I call approximately 30 prospective students per hour to inquire about various issues ranging from how their college search is going, to more important questions like how they can pay for college. I've learned how to communicate effectively on the phone and how to maintain focus in a heavily social environment. My management is great, but could be better. Whenever there are problems in the office, for instance, when Talisma freezes, he is not always available to resolve the problem. Due to his occasional inability to be punctual, my co-workers and I are at times left in the office being unproductive since we cannot work without Talisma. The hardest part of the job is definitely dealing with the boredom that goes along with calling many students per hour. The job is very repetitive in nature. However, my co-workers make the job fun as we are allowed to socialize so long as we keep our calls per hour average at the minimum required level.
Pros
15 minute break every 2 hours. Fun environment. Not physically taxing.
Cons
Repetitive.
Best On Campus Job
Student Recruiting Call Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 25, 2016
Typical work day was long shifts at a call center. Fun Environment with great coworkers! Hardest part is the job itself. Cold Calling students that don't like to be on the phone.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
hard job
Great Opportunities
Junior Developer (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 25, 2016
My college, Abilene Christian University, is a great school with many opportunities. They have real world experience that you can acquire from on campus jobs, and the professors care about the students. My job at ACU is a junior software developer. I work with other students developing IOS apps for 3rd party clients. We also work with web development tools such as html5 and CSS The most enjoyable part of my job is the experience and my co-workers; I get to work with real world clients and learn skills that I wouldn't normally know about from my regular college curriculum. I learn new information about IOS development and web development every time I go to work.
Pros
Friendly campus, driven professors, job opportunites
Cons
na
Good experience builders
Guitar Instructor (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Abilene Christian University was very helpful in both referring students to me and setting up performing gigs for me and my jazz band.
Acu
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Abilene Christian UniversitySeptember 18, 2015
Great environment, collaborative. Great leadership in certain departments. Innovative as the new construction begins that will help create a better culture for ACU. Depending on the season of the school year more hours are worked. Salary increase is often difficult but the rewards of working with students is helpful.
Pros
Fun, Collaborative, Team-atmosphere
Cons
lower salary than what is expected
Fantastic University
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 31, 2015
Abilene Christian University is one of the best Universities in Texas as far as I am concerned. As an Alumni and former employee of ACU I am grateful to have been a part of the Wildcat Nation. Each department of this university is just as amazing as the next, from Athletics to Admissions to Academics.
Good faculty to work under
Student Tutor and Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 13, 2015
Good environment to work with. Very friendly faculty that are willing to help wherever possible. Lots of variation in opportunities.