Abilities Employee Reviews

Experienced with Students with Disabilities
American Sign Language Interpreter (Former Employee), El Paso TXJuly 17, 2015
On this Job, I had the great opportunity to get involved with students with disabilities who gave me a lot of potential to help students by one by one.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2015
A typical day at work would be tracing loads and confirming deliveries. Consist of making booking loads from west coast to east coast.

I learned the systems Gates, Software Mainframe

Management made was professionally and helpful.
:Pleasant work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Albertson, New YorkJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: cafeteria was wonderful
Cons: we were given two to three breaks a day which is plenty6
Reporting to the Director - sorting and distributing mail. Making travel arrangements for Director. Learned how to work with the disabled (e,g, extending your arm to the blind as opposed to taking their arm). My coworkers were extremely funny and pleasant.

What could be the hardest and most pleasant part of the day was working with the Director. It was enjoyable to make her day easier.
Laid back and simple
Steps Toward Employment Program (STEP) Trainee (Former Employee), Albertson, NYOctober 8, 2014
This was a great first job. Managment made me feel very comfortable. I enjoyed working with a lot of different people. My co-workers were very friendly and if I needed any help they were there for me.
Volunteer work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 21, 2014
Good cause. Helping others. Doing whats right for the community.
Productive work place
Caregiver (Former Employee), Fort Atkinson, WIMay 22, 2014
Pros: breaks gave free lunches
Cons: n/a
Used hoyers cooked and cleaned light house dutys took clients on outtings
Workplace hard-hit by the economy
Secretary - Job Coaching/Supported Employment (Current Employee), Albertson, NYMarch 16, 2014
Pros: work variety; service to consumers
Cons: subject to changes in the economy
There have been a number of recent changes at Abilities Inc., some directly caused by the economy. One such change was a cut in my work hours because, I was told, my position does not bring in money, even though that has never been a part of my job description.

Recent changes have negatively affected job culture.
All places that I have worked were productive and a lovely place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Albany, GeorgiaFebruary 1, 2014
A typical day a work for me is arriving 20-30mins early to get myself prepared and the right mind set for the job. With that being said you will always be open to learn allot as you take on your job each day. Management is always a pleasure. As long as you're doing what you are suppose to do. You won't have to worry about having a unpleasant manager. Truth be told they're just doing their job just like you're suppose to be doing. Co-workers are always nice. They all may not have good things to say but, yet and still it's a job that we all need. The hardest part of it is just getting over that mid-day hump everyday. Once that is over with everything else is goes smooth. The most important part though is learning something different each day. Something that you didn't know the day before. I could be anything like learning how to do something more efficent and with more effort.
 Self-motivated leader with strong people skills, dedicated work ethic, dependable, committed to organization and team objectives.
Applical knowledge and experience (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2013
As a USF faculty member on a Federal Grant, my focus was to disseminate information for No Child Left Behind (federal educational procedural mandates/laws) and Family Involvement in Education. Responsibilities included assurance of project publications, conduct extensive training and information, as well as support, develop, and deliver Partnership materials in a competent and appropriate manner. Wrote training curriculum and provided training and information for Florida Department of Education, state and national organizations, pre-K centers, childcare centers, parents/families, community and faith based organizations in 62 of the 67 school districts in Florida. Actively participated in meetings, groups, and organizations related to the project. Conducted outreach activities to enhance project outcomes and services to school districts, families and their children for No Child Left Behind.
happy person
my skills (Former Employee), skillsNovember 19, 2013
my abilities... i learn quick am always willing o try new things that will help me grow as a great assistant i enjoy my career i like to talk lot with my patients i love to make them feel like we are friends
productive work place. spent a lot of time outdoors
People person (Former Employee), lets talk trashNovember 15, 2013
Pros: travel, association
Cons: short breaks, often tried after work
A typical work day was mowing the lawn and cutting down trees that people did not want in there yards anymore. While working at lets talk trash i learned how to work smarter not harder. The management was good and very understanding if there was a day that you needed off. It as easy to get along with my co-workers mainly because most of them were my age and had a lot in common. The part of the job was all the physical labor that i was not use to at the start but the more i worked the easier it became. The most enjoyable part of the job was driving to the houses or companies that needed our service because it didn't keep me in town but it allowed me to see different parts of the town
A great place of work with good environment
Very social person (Former Employee), Los AngelesOctober 31, 2013
I had a good job with an amazing people that made every shift of my job perfect.
Time was flying, and we had fun as a team, and of course we were very productive.
Interesting work, flexible schedule, fair compensation and excellent benefits.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT / CONTRACTS MANAGER (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLSeptember 2, 2013
I have enjoyed the latitude that I have been given in my position at Abilities, both in working a flexible schedule and in handling my job assignments. Having the ability to re-design the workflow in order to improve methods, solve problems, and streamline processes has been rewarding. I spend about 80% of my time working the Microsoft Excel and enjoy the challenge of spreadsheet design work. I appreciate the open communication that I share with my boss and the positive feedback that I have received from my co-workers.
Productive and Fun Job.
Data Entry for One Touch Direct (Current Employee), Clear water, FloridaAugust 14, 2013
Pros: over-time
Cons: short breaks, benefits
Enjoyed working hard at my job.
I really enjoyed being part of the team.
I learned data entry on windows 7, at which i processed
BJ Restaurants Rewards to customer accounts.
Productive Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Thomasville, GAJune 12, 2013
Pros: health insurance
Cons: no retirement
Checking emails and voice mails. Answering the telephone and directing the call to the manager. Paid bills and took orders and payment for orders.
I learned to basically to manage the office while the general manager is out of the office.
Co-workers were good to work with.
The hardest part was the Sales part
The most enjoyable was being able to keep all my task ahead of me so I didn't get behind
A great job
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee), Fort Atkinson, WIMay 21, 2013
Pros: pays well, great management, good work
Cons: some issues with managing workers, some violent clients
I had worked for this company for 3 years and never once have I ever had a problem. We worked with the developmentally disabled. The compensation was good and the job was easy to manage. The rewards were great. You achieve something new daily. Not only were our clients learning something new every day, but so were we.
I enjoy working with the public.
Assistant Manager, Inventory Control (Former Employee), Edgewood, NMApril 30, 2013
Pros: full time work
Cons: no overtime allowed
I like to meet new people and learn new things. I was in management and enjoyed having extra responsability.
my day
CNC machine operator (Current Employee), caterpillar decatur, ILApril 26, 2013
Pros: all the workers are great to work with and are helpful
Cons: just not enough work and about to be laid off
i come to work, talk to the operators from the the other shift and ask if theres any problems with the machines or any news that i need to know. Then i do my hydraulic and air pressure check, i check my crane and make sure theres no problems with it. i go in the lathe machine and change all my inserts and load my part in the machine, then i start it up and takes about 30 mins to cut. after its done, i take it to the mill and load it up and change my tools if needed. once its done, i take it off and grind off all the sharp edges and gauge the part. towards the end of the day i put all my data in the computer and then i talk to the next shift and tell them what they need to know.
working at night
Employment History carpenter (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLMarch 14, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: night work
fast pace,free food,
renavation
payday
demo wendys
putting back together before store open was the hardest
Cleaning, Stocker, Dish Washer and Hand Move
Cleaning, Stocker, Dish Washer and Hand Move (Former Employee), Porterville, CaliforniaMarch 12, 2013
I am deaf and 33 years old. I really want to work hard so badly. I want to learn my skill more experience look paint, cleaning, stocker, dish washer, hand move or anything