Abilities Employee Reviews

Great Part-time Job
Kroger Restaurant Cook and Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMarch 22, 2017
I worked at Kroger for the majority of the 4 years of my college life. It was a great experience because the managers were easy to work with and they were flexible when my school schedule changed. This job helped me to grow and learn through the experiences that I have had.
Pros
Flexibility, Convienience, Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours of Standing
Productive,i'm a hard worker,Great to work with.
work my way up to manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99508November 22, 2016
Well a typical day at work was mostly cleaning rooms,or working on the cashier or watching kids at a daycare or cooking food for customers. I got along with all my co workers never had a problems I don't try to show drama.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fun environment
Management (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 12, 2017
This place isn't just a job it's a home. Love this place so much. The people are great. Small town bar where all are welcomed and soon feel like family. We all do whatever we can to help others.
Its been wonderful place to work with upbeat and caring coworkers
Job Coach/Job Developer (Current Employee) –  Westville, NJSeptember 11, 2016
It's been a wonderful place to work with upbeat and caring coworkers, exciting and challenging assignments, and opportunities for upward mobility. I had coworkers and supervisors who were invaluable mentors to me during my tenure.
Wonderful clients poor manegment
CBRF Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIAugust 30, 2016
I would have worked for abilities for as long as they would have kept me but management was terrible the lack of care and compassion they had for there clients was very sad. As a employee there was many concerns for the clients safety and well being. It made the job very hard and stressful. I worked many hours just because I was worried for my clients and I wanted to make sure they where always okay. I got very attached to my clients, and would worry non stop when I wasn't there. I sometimes worked more than 60 hours per week. They would mess up my schedule a lot and triple my shifts, I had back to back doubles. I over worked my self and burned my self out very badly. They never care about who they hired just as long as someone was there the training was very poor, people are thrown into houses with very little to no training it was a zoo to work for.
Pros
the clients are amazing
Cons
poor managment
Great Workplace
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GANovember 6, 2016
Great place to work and enjoyed all employees. Always work to be done which means you do not become bored. Training is provided to you as an employee and there is a lot of room to grow and learn.
Good working company with some bad staff
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WISeptember 7, 2016
I thought it was a good job until I started getting hit everyday and was getting told by other staff how to do my job while they were just sitting there.
Pros
Some of the clients are great
Cons
Get hit by some clients, some staff belittle other staff
good work place
caregiver (Current Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIOctober 1, 2016
nice place to work co workers are nice pay is good manger is very nice when it comes to working with you clients are really good I enjoy working with them
great
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INJune 27, 2016
clients are wonderful. I love working with them. you help them take care of themselves make them as independent as possible.
:Pleasant work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albertson, New YorkJanuary 7, 2015
Reporting to the Director - sorting and distributing mail. Making travel arrangements for Director. Learned how to work with the disabled (e,g, extending your arm to the blind as opposed to taking their arm). My coworkers were extremely funny and pleasant.

What could be the hardest and most pleasant part of the day was working with the Director. It was enjoyable to make her day easier.
Pros
Cafeteria was wonderful
Cons
We were given two to three breaks a day which is plenty6
It was a fun work place
Auditor,Customer service, (Former Employee) –  JCPenney South hill mallMay 9, 2012
Get cash out of cashroom to open tills, open registers,collect reports,
work reports, work shipment, call all the customers that the orders
came in, answer the 6 phone lines, greet all customers coming into
the store, help customers with their bills/payments,log vistors in and out with badges, and help with any problems that would come up during the day.
I learned some thing every day for 20 years. The management team was hardley seen. My co worker were the best we all worked as a team to get the job done. The hardest part of my job was to confront a person that was stealing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
no help from managment
Interesting work, flexible schedule, fair compensation and excellent benefits.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT / CONTRACTS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 2, 2013
I have enjoyed the latitude that I have been given in my position at Abilities, both in working a flexible schedule and in handling my job assignments. Having the ability to re-design the workflow in order to improve methods, solve problems, and streamline processes has been rewarding. I spend about 80% of my time working the Microsoft Excel and enjoy the challenge of spreadsheet design work. I appreciate the open communication that I share with my boss and the positive feedback that I have received from my co-workers.
Productive Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJune 12, 2013
Checking emails and voice mails. Answering the telephone and directing the call to the manager. Paid bills and took orders and payment for orders.
I learned to basically to manage the office while the general manager is out of the office.
Co-workers were good to work with.
The hardest part was the Sales part
The most enjoyable was being able to keep all my task ahead of me so I didn't get behind
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
No retirement
my day
CNC machine operator (Current Employee) –  caterpillar decatur, ILApril 26, 2013
i come to work, talk to the operators from the the other shift and ask if theres any problems with the machines or any news that i need to know. Then i do my hydraulic and air pressure check, i check my crane and make sure theres no problems with it. i go in the lathe machine and change all my inserts and load my part in the machine, then i start it up and takes about 30 mins to cut. after its done, i take it to the mill and load it up and change my tools if needed. once its done, i take it off and grind off all the sharp edges and gauge the part. towards the end of the day i put all my data in the computer and then i talk to the next shift and tell them what they need to know.
Pros
all the workers are great to work with and are helpful
Cons
just not enough work and about to be laid off
Workplace hard-hit by the economy
Secretary - Job Coaching/Supported Employment (Current Employee) –  Albertson, NYMarch 16, 2014
There have been a number of recent changes at Abilities Inc., some directly caused by the economy. One such change was a cut in my work hours because, I was told, my position does not bring in money, even though that has never been a part of my job description.

Recent changes have negatively affected job culture.
Pros
Work variety; service to consumers
Cons
Subject to changes in the economy
productive work place. spent a lot of time outdoors
People person (Former Employee) –  lets talk trashNovember 15, 2013
A typical work day was mowing the lawn and cutting down trees that people did not want in there yards anymore. While working at lets talk trash i learned how to work smarter not harder. The management was good and very understanding if there was a day that you needed off. It as easy to get along with my co-workers mainly because most of them were my age and had a lot in common. The part of the job was all the physical labor that i was not use to at the start but the more i worked the easier it became. The most enjoyable part of the job was driving to the houses or companies that needed our service because it didn't keep me in town but it allowed me to see different parts of the town
Pros
travel, association
Cons
short breaks, often tried after work
A great job
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIMay 21, 2013
I had worked for this company for 3 years and never once have I ever had a problem. We worked with the developmentally disabled. The compensation was good and the job was easy to manage. The rewards were great. You achieve something new daily. Not only were our clients learning something new every day, but so were we.
Pros
Pays well, great management, good work
Cons
Some issues with managing workers, some violent clients
i Want to do work compitently honestly.i do want to be considered as a Auto Technition.i will wait for responce.
Auto Technician (Current Employee) –  New YorkNovember 26, 2012
My Typical work day is very busy.
I learned All kind of engine Maintanance Dealing with Costumors.
yes,I Can do Managment.
My Friends are Very friendly & helping.
Automatic Gear Transmission.
Automatic Gear Transmission.
Pros
free lunches etc
Cons
picnic trips etc
All places that I have worked were productive and a lovely place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albany, GeorgiaFebruary 1, 2014
A typical day a work for me is arriving 20-30mins early to get myself prepared and the right mind set for the job. With that being said you will always be open to learn allot as you take on your job each day. Management is always a pleasure. As long as you're doing what you are suppose to do. You won't have to worry about having a unpleasant manager. Truth be told they're just doing their job just like you're suppose to be doing. Co-workers are always nice. They all may not have good things to say but, yet and still it's a job that we all need. The hardest part of it is just getting over that mid-day hump everyday. Once that is over with everything else is goes smooth. The most important part though is learning something different each day. Something that you didn't know the day before. I could be anything like learning how to do something more efficent and with more effort.
energitic and fun workplace with very comfortable place.
Mobility Instructor/private caregiver (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, MarylandJanuary 30, 2013
My job is giving care and assist the blind individual and its just amazing to be around with a wonderful family.I am learning everyday in a way of communicating and dealing with different kind of people and to be good to every person we meet in our everyday life. They family Im working now is just so undesrtandable and they want me to grow more trough getting a job since I need more income to support for my plan in going to school soon.
I enjoy my everyday work especially during cooking and sharing ideas to the family about things like travel and different kind of culture. The hardest part of my job is that someitmes I dont understand some English big word but I am doing my best to learn more everyday.This is the reason why I am looking for more work,I want to pursue my training in Special Education.
Pros
free lodging, free food.
Cons
low salary and benifits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abilities. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2