Ability Beyond Disability Employee Reviews in United States

good environment work place to be involved in
Life-Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTJune 7, 2016
love helping our clients accomplish there long term and short term goals.Great staff members working together and comunicating to one another to provide the best care for the clients.hardest part of the job is not knowing what to expect for the day everyday is different. there can be changes with a indiviual client at anytime. managment is very good at having things in place for the clients providing staff to give the best care.
Great work experience Extremely LOW pay
Assists the Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTJune 8, 2016
Great place to work - loved the culture and management. No room for advancement and the pay is awful. Had to work 2 jobs to stay there.
Fun place
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTApril 10, 2016
Extremely fun place to work. The people are so nice and caring. They do everything that they can for their clients. It's an extremely rewarding job with lots of perks.
Fun Place to work
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTApril 14, 2016
I have absolutely loved working for Ability Beyond, it gives me such pride and joy knowing that I make a difference in my consumers lives.
Great Job
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTMarch 21, 2016
I worked there for 2 and half years and i enjoyed a lot i learned a lot and the staff where great to me....i learned alot from the kids there also..
Life Skills Instructor
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 10, 2016
As a sub with the company this job is basically a cake walk. You make your own schedule according to the needs the company has open. Great if you enjoy over nights. Eye opening.
Amazon place to start, horrible place to stay long.
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Milford, CTMay 24, 2016
I started this company in 2015, I absolute was in love with it the first 6 months. And when I say in love with it I mean I was so happy and please with every detail and I did my job proudly every day because this company was supposed to stand for what they preach. After awhile things started to get shifty, they got rid of the manager that had been there for so long, put in a new one that was nothing but horrible. They wanted nothing but to ruin a happy home. Long story short everyone that had been working in that house, for 15 years or more, left because of how poorly management was treating them. It's such a shame what this non-profit has become. I hear nothing but bad things about them now and when I see my old clients they look sick and tired of the abuse and neglect. The money is wonderful, but if you're really a good person you know that people's lives matter more and no one deserves to be treated badly: I hope you guys get it together. There's no reason why the things that are happening there should be happening. If you work here watch your back, do as the PAPER says not your manager cause half the time they know nothing. Be on time, be a happy wonderful person, and don't let them scam you.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
No respect given, management is horrible. HR is a joke
Very relaxing and not time consuming.
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 5, 2015
This company is good to work for if you are a college student but the pay is horrible. Management is horrible. But if you are a college student, you can come to work and do your homework.
very enjoyable setting
Resident Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 23, 2015
assisteding physically and mentally challenged i learned to care for them the management very supportive treated me like family co- workers was there when i need them the part of the job was leaveing
Opportunities to work with diverse populations.
Life Skills Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTJune 27, 2015
Ongoing in house training and lectures. Room for advancement.Cohesive staff members working as a team. Management and human resources very knowledgeable and helpful.
Pros
Pleasant working atmosphere
Cons
Staring salary under poverty level.
fun workplace with amazing clients
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Middlefield, CTApril 2, 2015
I work overnights, 3rd shift, so most of my time there I'm just cleaning and maintaining a proper functioning group home but in the mornings I woke the clients up, cook them breakfast, prompt them to clean up after themselves, help them with there personal hygiene, assisting them in cleaning their own rooms, making sure I'm documenting everything, and providing them information about their day and simply just talking and helping them with whatever they need.
Pros
decent pay good benefits
Cons
poor management
Awesome place to work
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTMarch 4, 2015
Cooperated with other health related agencies and actively maintained up-to-date knowledge of
applicable state and Federal laws and regulations. In community activities, established and
maintained positive relationships with government regulators, residents, families, other area health
care providers, physicians and community at large.
Observed strict confidentiality and safeguarded all patient-related information
Great people providing a great service
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTNovember 16, 2014
There are no typical days at work, that is what I love about the organization. There is a lot going on each day and I have learned to prioritize with many departments to accomplish our goals. Management and my co-workers are deeply caring individuals who along with the individuals we serve are the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job is leaving because there is always so much to accomplish.
Pros
the people i work with and the individuals we serve
Cons
the days are never long enough
productive work place. helping ohers in need.
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMay 19, 2015
I Like this job, It is routinely and easy once you get the hold of the daily task. you give showers, cook dinner and breakfast and after that you can relax.
fun and productive
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  mt.kisco,nyJanuary 30, 2015
while working for this company i gained a lot of experience. i gained most of my experience with patient care. I worked with a variety of individuals some high and others low functioning. I also learned how to handle different types of personalities while working on a team.
Management is very unprofessional
life skills instructor (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco New YorkFebruary 20, 2015
Management is really horrible and unprofessional, plus they are a little racist. No room for growth at all!!!. The individuals are nice and the typical day is doing ADL, cooking, and exercising with the clients.
Cons
management
Decent first job in field, low pay, terrible management
LSI (Former Employee) –  BethelJanuary 26, 2014
Great job to begin working with people who have disabilities, I learned a lot but as I worked there longer I noticed lack of advancement unless you are "friends" with someone in the house. Your word means nothing against a supervisor. Very unfortunate that the company as a whole is awful the people who we serve are ultimately the ones who suffer because no one is happy and the turnover rate is very high.
Cons
mandation, treatment of workers low pay
Productive and entertaining workplace
Life Skill Instuctor (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYNovember 18, 2013
Worked greatly with consumers in their daily lives helping them understand the importance of independent living. The consumers required a lot of attention but where a lot of fun to be around. The management time where very understanding and willing to work with the staff to keep everything in order and running smoothly. The hardest part of the job I would say was to leave the consumers daily. They took a liking to me and me to them. However, the greatest feeling was the return to work the following day.
Pros
community outting and dinners
Lsi
Life Skills Instructor /RFT Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 5, 2013
Health and human services provider serving people with developmental and neurological
disabilities. Caring for and supporting disabled individuals and providing them with the
tools they need to live independently. Developing individualized service plans for the client
to meet their personal needs and goals. Responsible for follow-up documentation,
inventory control, answering phones, data entry, organizing and maintaining individual’s home to ensure it is safe and secure, personal assistant duties.
Pros
benefits, pay, clients
Cons
need better pay for some positions, driving everywhere
Dynamic Non Profit Changing Lives!
Resource and Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTOctober 4, 2013
Everyday at Ability Beyond Disability has been filled with consistent challenges that have encouraged me to think outside the box in order to meet them head on. The positions I have held and currently hold have given me many opportunities to be creative in the way in which I provide services to my clients. Working as a team, a village if you will, to create positive change in the lives of those with disabilities has been extremely rewarding.
Pros
the ability to make a difference in the lives of my clients on a daily basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ability Beyond Disability. Our community is ready to answer.

Ability Beyond Disability Reviews by Location