Ability Beyond Disability

Ability Beyond Disability Employee Reviews in United States

Amazon place to start, horrible place to stay long.
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Milford, CTMay 24, 2016
I started this company in 2015, I absolute was in love with it the first 6 months. And when I say in love with it I mean I was so happy and please with every detail and I did my job proudly every day because this company was supposed to stand for what they preach. After awhile things started to get shifty, they got rid of the manager that had been there for so long, put in a new one that was nothing but horrible. They wanted nothing but to ruin a happy home. Long story short everyone that had been working in that house, for 15 years or more, left because of how poorly management was treating them. It's such a shame what this non-profit has become. I hear nothing but bad things about them now and when I see my old clients they look sick and tired of the abuse and neglect. The money is wonderful, but if you're really a good person you know that people's lives matter more and no one deserves to be treated badly: I hope you guys get it together. There's no reason why the things that are happening there should be happening. If you work here watch your back, do as the PAPER says not your manager cause half the time they know nothing. Be on time, be a happy wonderful person, and don't let them scam you.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
No respect given, management is horrible. HR is a joke
Fun Place to work
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTApril 14, 2016
I have absolutely loved working for Ability Beyond, it gives me such pride and joy knowing that I make a difference in my consumers lives.
Fun place
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTApril 10, 2016
Extremely fun place to work. The people are so nice and caring. They do everything that they can for their clients. It's an extremely rewarding job with lots of perks.
Great Job
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTMarch 21, 2016
I worked there for 2 and half years and i enjoyed a lot i learned a lot and the staff where great to me....i learned alot from the kids there also..
Life Skills Instructor
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 10, 2016
As a sub with the company this job is basically a cake walk. You make your own schedule according to the needs the company has open. Great if you enjoy over nights. Eye opening.
Very relaxing and not time consuming.
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 5, 2015
This company is good to work for if you are a college student but the pay is horrible. Management is horrible. But if you are a college student, you can come to work and do your homework.
very enjoyable setting
Resident Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 23, 2015
assisteding physically and mentally challenged i learned to care for them the management very supportive treated me like family co- workers was there when i need them the part of the job was leaveing
Opportunities to work with diverse populations.
Life Skills Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTJune 27, 2015
Ongoing in house training and lectures. Room for advancement.Cohesive staff members working as a team. Management and human resources very knowledgeable and helpful.
Pros
Pleasant working atmosphere
Cons
Staring salary under poverty level.
productive work place. helping ohers in need.
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMay 19, 2015
I Like this job, It is routinely and easy once you get the hold of the daily task. you give showers, cook dinner and breakfast and after that you can relax.
fun workplace with amazing clients
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Middlefield, CTApril 2, 2015
I work overnights, 3rd shift, so most of my time there I'm just cleaning and maintaining a proper functioning group home but in the mornings I woke the clients up, cook them breakfast, prompt them to clean up after themselves, help them with there personal hygiene, assisting them in cleaning their own rooms, making sure I'm documenting everything, and providing them information about their day and simply just talking and helping them with whatever they need.
Pros
decent pay good benefits
Cons
poor management
Awesome place to work
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTMarch 4, 2015
Cooperated with other health related agencies and actively maintained up-to-date knowledge of
applicable state and Federal laws and regulations. In community activities, established and
maintained positive relationships with government regulators, residents, families, other area health
care providers, physicians and community at large.
Observed strict confidentiality and safeguarded all patient-related information
Management is very unprofessional
life skills instructor (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco New YorkFebruary 20, 2015
Management is really horrible and unprofessional, plus they are a little racist. No room for growth at all!!!. The individuals are nice and the typical day is doing ADL, cooking, and exercising with the clients.
Cons
management
fun and productive
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  mt.kisco,nyJanuary 30, 2015
while working for this company i gained a lot of experience. i gained most of my experience with patient care. I worked with a variety of individuals some high and others low functioning. I also learned how to handle different types of personalities while working on a team.
Great Company
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTDecember 10, 2014
•Provide training and support the needs of individuals with behavioral problems.
•Responsible for integrating individuals into community to participate in volunteer work.
•Provide the comprehensive home, health and rehabilitation services
A great company
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTDecember 10, 2014
A great company.

•Provide the comprehensive home, health and rehabilitation services.
Great people providing a great service
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTNovember 16, 2014
There are no typical days at work, that is what I love about the organization. There is a lot going on each day and I have learned to prioritize with many departments to accomplish our goals. Management and my co-workers are deeply caring individuals who along with the individuals we serve are the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job is leaving because there is always so much to accomplish.
Pros
the people i work with and the individuals we serve
Cons
the days are never long enough
Nice place
Life skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTSeptember 7, 2014
the cleints are well taken care of. The job has good benefits. It is flexible. Decent pay. very rewarding.
No oversite
Recruiting Centralized Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTJuly 24, 2014
this job is 100% what you make of it.. it was an excellent stepping stone for me and i loved what we did and loved the people we cared for...

management is hired based upon politics and who goes to the bars with upper management
Pros
the work and the people you serve
Cons
management
Many opportunities for advancement and professional development
Assistant Resources and Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJune 15, 2014
This company is very progressive. There are a lot of opportunities to learn and grow professionally but the compensation is not adequate for the amount of work expected at times. Great company over all.
Rewarding work with very low pay.
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTJune 14, 2014
Work is extremely rewarding. Management was unprofessional. Concerns and complaints constantly went ignored. Pay was extremely low and raises were pretty much non existent. Very hand not to get emotionally attached/involved.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
low pay, unprofessional management, no holidays off