Ability Beyond Employee Reviews

Great workplace that gave me great experience.
Assistant Resource and Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTFebruary 7, 2017
Working in the human services field with adults that have acquired brain injuries can be challenging at times. But seeing their expression on their faces after helping them with their daily living skills and integrating them into the community is satisfying. The work environment is a great one as everyone is there for the same reason and that is to ensure that each individual reach their goals and live a fulfilling life. In working in this field for over 10 years I have learned many things such as understanding the needs of others, patience and responsibility. Apart from this the only downside is that there no room for growth.
Pros
Great experience on the managerial side.
Cons
Not enough room for growth.
Fun and interactive work environment
Assistant Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTFebruary 5, 2017
Working with these individuals gives a warming feeling. Learning about them and interacting with them, they become more like family everyday. One can become very easily attached to these guys and girls.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Must have a car
Great organization, feel good helping others
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mt. Kisco, NYFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoy working here. The pay is reasonable and you get a raise every year if you are doing good. You'll do fine if you are a hard worker and care about what you do.
Pros
The individuals. Location- easy to get to.
Cons
Can be tiring, but it's okay b/c the team is good.
Great job
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTNovember 30, 2016
I love working for this company. You learn so much and get to make a big difference in people's lives. You will get a lot of hands on experience working in this field. The managers that I've worked with are great about hearing your feedback and concerns and doing their best to help you. I always feel very supported and valued.
I love my job
Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTOctober 6, 2016
Everything from the people I work with to the tasks I am doing every day is amazing. I feel so grateful to have found such an amazing organization to work with. I worked at non-profits in the past that didn't care about the true mission of the organization but at AB this is not the case. Everyone here truly keeps the mission at heart when they are doing their job each day.
Pros
co-workers, folks we serve, opportunity for advancement, innovation
not bad
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYDecember 19, 2016
the pay was good and the benefits were great, but management styles made the job increasingly unpleasant. There was a lot of backstabbing and negativity in certain areas, but the main focus was on the residents, which is most important.
Pros
free meals
Cons
poor management
Lsi
Life Skill Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTOctober 13, 2016
This company is great for individuals that are currently in school or is looking to get into the counseling and medical field. I learned a lot of medical terms while working there. Management was really cool, workplace was fun but filled with employee drama. Overall I would recommend this company to people.
Lovely place
Occupational Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJanuary 24, 2017
I was an intern some time ago. It is a nice organization. They really care about the residents in the group home. They seem like a little family, I was welcomed by the staff.
Employment
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTMarch 16, 2017
It's easy to get employment with little to no experience. The company has multiple job openings at all times. It also offers sub positions to make your own schedule.
A facility where you feel Love
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTOctober 24, 2016
Helping people is something I've grown up doing I enjoy the reactions I get when someone really appreciates the hard work I put in to make sure they're comfortable at all times.
Independent Homes
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYAugust 3, 2016
I work for the Independent Houses in NY and the clients there are great. You obviously have to get to know them. They are pretty much barely home so you have to waste time hopping from house to house which means if you're scheduled 30 hrs do NOT depend on it. The pay is good compared to the actual work you do. You get offered a pay raise at the beginning of each year but don't expect much from what you're already offered. The benefits are great if you need coverage but try avoid using it because you'll be paying basically the entire bill anyways. This job is good for experience in a disability setting but you will not grow beyond your potential here. There's no room for becoming more than an RA (Residential Assistant). This is not your last resort, try to find something better!
Pros
Clients are manageable, can take them anywhere you want as an outing.
Cons
Hours are not guaranteed, no room to move up in company
good environment work place to be involved in
Life-Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTJune 7, 2016
love helping our clients accomplish there long term and short term goals.Great staff members working together and comunicating to one another to provide the best care for the clients.hardest part of the job is not knowing what to expect for the day everyday is different. there can be changes with a indiviual client at anytime. managment is very good at having things in place for the clients providing staff to give the best care.
Full-filling Job
Life Skills Instructor/Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTAugust 24, 2016
The best part about working for Ability Beyond is the seeing the lives you touch on a daily basis. The company has grown so much and I see it growing even more! Able to accommodate all levels of need.
A hospital in progress...
Registered Nurse/Primary Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTApril 23, 2016
St. Luke's Hospital was convenient, not too big of an institution but big enough to be able to provide care for the immediate community. However, too many patients I've encountered shared too many negative experiences either during their ER visit or their hospitalization.
Pros
Convenient and offer various advanced medical treatment and services
Cons
Patient care is disorganized and at times poor quality
Great work experience Extremely LOW pay
Assists the Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTJune 8, 2016
Great place to work - loved the culture and management. No room for advancement and the pay is awful. Had to work 2 jobs to stay there.
Productive workplace with room for growth.
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTMarch 2, 2016
Typical day at work I manage the care of our consumers while also complying to their parents wishes as well as my managers.
Pros
some down time, free meals, rec on the weekends enjoyable to staff as well.
Cons
low staffing gives us more work.
Fun place
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTApril 10, 2016
Extremely fun place to work. The people are so nice and caring. They do everything that they can for their clients. It's an extremely rewarding job with lots of perks.
Fun Place to work
Life Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTApril 14, 2016
I have absolutely loved working for Ability Beyond, it gives me such pride and joy knowing that I make a difference in my consumers lives.
fun work environment
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYMarch 8, 2016
Worked with severely disabled adults and did computer data at the end of my shift. All shifts were 12 hour days. I was very happy with everyone I worked with.
Great Job
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTMarch 21, 2016
I worked there for 2 and half years and i enjoyed a lot i learned a lot and the staff where great to me....i learned alot from the kids there also..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ability Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.