Ability Building Center (ABC) Employee Reviews

Abc
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 25, 2017
I learn new things everyday and enjoy the people I work with. I look forward to using my skills in the future to find my perfect job and enjoy working.
Pros
flexible
Cons
inconsistant schedule
Abc
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 9, 2017
Nice job and nice staff. Good place to work. The participants are a good group of people to work with and I enjoy working here. I would staying having to balance the different personalities would be the hardest part of the job.
Great Place to Work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 28, 2017
I have really enjoyed working for ABC. I have found that there is a lot of opportunity for advancement and it is a job that adds meaning to your life. The work days are busy and the participants keep you on your toes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. This is a great place for people that want a job that challenges them and brings joy to their life.
Pros
Variety, Mission, Management
Positive Experience
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 28, 2017
I had a very positive experience working at ABC. The clients are great and ABC offers a lot of paid time off. The wage is average for the field (which is low) but the time off and other benefits make up for it. I had a lot of fun and there have been lots of good changes to management. I left because I returned to school.
Pros
Benefits, Rewarding, Fun
Cons
Short staffed
Over worked, under paid
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 22, 2017
I absolutely LOVED working at ABC. The clients are amazing and I miss them all of the time. Management was terrible. Very short staffed so you usually ended up working in a department you weren't hired to work in. It was a very stressful job because the ratio of staff to client was not acceptable. Not legal as a matter of fact. I would return ONLY for the clients. Compensation was terrible and I don't understand how they think it was okay.
Pros
Rewarding. The clients make it an ok place to work
Cons
Management is terrible
Great place and people
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 12, 2017
I enjoy coming to work everyday. The people who work with me are always helpful and try to get everyone involved in the work we do. Being out in the community makes it so enjoyable.
Pros
PTo
Fun and Rewarding
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, MNFebruary 22, 2017
Ability Building Center is a nice place to work. Everyone works as a team. Communication at this organization is excellent. Anyone who would like to work with special needs adults this is a wonderful place to start out.

Supervising individuals with special needs at employment

Preparing activities and on-goings with clients

Work independently
Pros
You have a descent lunch break.
Cons
n/a
ok
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 3, 2017
working with people with disabilities is a very rewording job, it can be challenging and hard at times. the clients are wonderful, the only thing i didnt like was the company it self and how they treated their employees.
Fulfilling work working with adults with disabilities
Clerical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 11, 2017
ABC has been by far my favorite place to work with. Management is very personal and friendly, my co-workers make a point to get to know me and work as a team. The benefits are great, and I highly recommend it.
going to different job site
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 8, 2016
A typical day at work is when i arrived i would check in and gather all of my clients then we would sit down and check everyone that is accounted for we chat, share stories and sometime sing to get our day going. What i learned when i arrived at work is what type of jobs that our clients are going to do and help them if needed. The management is okay everyone try to help, but sometime their plates are full and there are not of interaction with co-worker. Co-work in its self is very good very one understand and will help out if needed. Again the hardest part of the job is moving on to your next profession and leaving the bond that you show your clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure you put the last impression of the care you provided them when you were there and seeing the changing you make in their life.
Pros
doing different varieties of jobs
Cons
very poor communication
Thought there are many great clients and staff the mission statement doesn't line up with the actions of management.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 21, 2015
ABC has a great group of individuals receiving services and there are many wonderful staff. Unfortunately, when the management's philosophy and the mission statement are different, it is like a train attempting to go down 2 different tracks at the same time.
some positions can stress you out
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 24, 2015
Great place to work, but some positions can wear you out, especially if you work a night then day shift. Fun place to be at, co-workers are great. Always seems short staffed.
Pros
paid lunch time
productive workplace
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  rochester mnAugust 7, 2013
I have a caseload of 30 participants with developmental disabilities that I write programs for and help them to accomplish work goals etc.
I attend meetings for these individuals with other team members such as guardians, social workers, home staff and parents etc.

The management is great to work for. they are flexible and understanding.

My co-workers are hard workers and very motivated and determined to help the individuals we serve/

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the goals and programs of each individual on my case load.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the impact I have on all the individuals lives and how happy they are to have me apart of their lives.

VERY rewarding job.
Pros
paid time off, salary, flexability, hours
Cons
insurance, weekends, nights, on call
Great clients and co-workers
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 19, 2012
Assigned jobs to clients and made sure everything was well maintained and well cleaned for the next day.
wouldn't have the proper amount of supplies needed for the shift.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 26, 2012
Take care of every day needs for people in a group home enviroment, assist with outings, and daily chores such as cleaning and cooking in their house.
Pros
people that i took care of
Cons
pay wasn't so great, needed a second job.
It was a hard job but i can honestly say I loved working with my clients.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MinneasotaJanuary 20, 2012
I think that the Ability Building Center was a good place to work as far as for the clients. It is very hard working with Tramatic brain injury clients and I think in order for a person to work there, you would have to have a really good and caring heart and personality. Those people are one of the many reason why i stuck with my job. As far as management I was not to pleased with the way some of the situations were handled, so if it was not for the people I probably would have left a lot earlier then what i did.
Pros
working with wonderful and good spirited clients
Cons
poor management, no breaks, and clients were not treated with respect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ability Building Center (ABC). Our community is ready to answer.

Ability Building Center (ABC) Reviews by Location