ABILITY Network

ABILITY Network Employee Reviews

Nice people, good salary but no career advancement
IT (Current Employee), Minnaepolis, MNJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Work environment
Cons: No career advancement
Nice people to work with, good salary and benefits but no career advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people here who care.
culture and people were great
Support Analyst /Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 20, 2015
Pros: great culutre of work
Cons: horrible management
Ability Network provides a secure network service which simplifies complex workflow processes, enhance administrative efficiencies, improve patient security, and clinical awareness. The company serves a majority of the hospitals in the country as well as other health care providers, including the nation’s largest healthcare payer, CMS/Medicare.
Responsibilities included the sale and services to small medical offices, skilled nursing facilities, hospitals, home health, and hospices; updating customer information in Microsoft CRM; creating, tracking, and updating opportunities for sales representatives; review and process orders for direct and outside sales teams; track and report results from tradeshows, corporate events, speaking events, and public relations programs.
• Hired after three weeks of 6 month contract of being a temp for Ability Network after seeing my capability’s to quickly sell and acclimatize to the business.
• Trained three new employees into the sale support and specialist teams, helped coordinate care, reduce record fragmentation, and participate in new and emerging care models, and access the direct project network, state, and community-based Health Information Exchanges (HIEs).
• Assisted with the upgrade of 11,000 customers over a 7 month period following the merger/acquisition of Ivan’s and Ability Network. Daily sales calls with clients of the medical industry.
• Accomplished 300 upgrades in one month.
The management was all over the place. I had five new bosses within a year time period. They paid very poorly for the work they required of you and the instant you become too expensive to them they get rid of you for someone they can pay cheaper.
Nice place to work, wish it was a better long term option
AR Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free fruit, downtown location
Cons: low pay, minimal advancement opportunity
Typical day would be training newer employees, helping out with anything, handling inbound calls for payment and making outbound calls to track late payments.

I enhanced my customer service skills, learned about the Medicare industry and proper collection techniques.

My manager is one of the best managers I have ever had.

Hardest part of the job would be not being rewarded / recognized for hard work and results.

Most enjoyable parts of the job would be to always be learning something new and developing long lasting relationships with my co workers.
Sales driven, management heavy company
Anonymous (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free fruit on tuesdays and thrusdays, free beverages
Cons: non-competive wage for downtown minneapolis, unclear career paths, no company unity, no bonuses for support team, benefits become worse each year, etc.
The technical support and implementation teams are severely underpaid for their skill sets. There has been huge turnover over the past 10 months in which techs are leaving for jobs that are paying $10-15k more a year, despite being level I positions. There are no clear career paths. Supervisors, managers, directors and trainers have been hired externally despite a pool of highly qualified candidates within the company. The morale of the support and implementation teams are lower than anywhere else I have worked. The amount of empty rhetoric provided by the company is staggering.
ABILITY is Great
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: casual dress code, greatn people, employee appreciation celebrations
Cons: not many opportunites to transfer.
ABILITY is a great atmosphere to work in with great people. Being in this environment has taught me how to conduct myself in a more professional manner, given me opportunities to better myself personally, and created an enjoinment that promotes career growth and opportunities for promotion.
Great company to work for
Region Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 2, 2014
Pros: highly rewarded for hardwork and dedication
Cons: monthly sales goals are very challenging to meet
I've worked at ABILITY Network for over six years. The enviornment is very relaxed. Co-workers, management are great to work with/for. If you work hard it is defenitely noticed. The benefits are very fair and competitive. I highly recommend working here.
IVANS Inc. was mergered with ABILITY Network
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 9, 2013
All accounting associates are loosing their jobs. ABILITY is located in Minneapolis, MN.
A nationwide medical software company
Account Executive (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: worked out of my home
Cons: laid off due to re-structure.
Great co-workers and benefits. Hardest part of the job was reaching high sales goals. I learned a lot about Medicare and the healthcare industry in general.