Ability Plus, Inc. Employee Reviews

An Employer Who Cares
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 18, 2017
I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly I heard back from the company after submitting my application. They did a good job of keeping me informed every step of the way. This helped me to know if I should keep job hunting or not. Since this is a non-profit company I didn't expect to be paid "the big bucks". I was happy to see that I didn't have to wait long at all for my first paycheck. I'm still new so my comments are limited to the interviewing and on boarding process. If this is any indication of what's to come, I made the right decision. I really like how they treat the clients that they serve.
do not care about workers
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 24, 2017
do not care about there workers any thing happen its you fault so qiuck to let you go with out reason the manager sleeps with all the female workers and put hours on there check it sucks there
Not a great place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALMarch 15, 2017
Its A BAD PLACE. I WOULDN'T WANT ANY OF MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS TO BE PLACED THERE! I LOVED the CLIENTS! I HATED the way THEY WERE BEING TREATED. I LOVE MY COWORKERS BUT the MANAGER WAS a DIFFERENT STORY. SHE RAN the HOUSE FROM HER PHONE. SHE ESPECIALLY SHOWED FAVORITISM. THE pay is terrible!! I only stayed for fear of what may happen to the clients. Eventually the house manager was getting extremely rude in a nonchalant manner. I couldn't take it anymore without my respect so I left. I pray everyday for the clients!
Pros
The clients
Cons
No breaks, too much work, & the house manager's are the worst!!
fairly flexible
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Kewanee, ILDecember 21, 2016
It is not a bad place to work, the management just isn't the greatest and there are a few kinks to work out. For the most part the supervisor is flexible if you need a day off, but you usually have to find your own replacement.
Run and do not waste your time
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJune 27, 2016
1. House mangers and Q's are liars and full of drama.
2.Clients don't have enough food and basic household needs like tissue.
3. The pay is not enough for everything they claim you should be doing.
4. You are expected to be ready to fill in for others with a hour notice.
5. Watch your check because sometimes it will not add up.
6. You will never get a pay increase!
7. Will not be approved for time off.
Crooks
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 18, 2016
Awful place to work. Checks were always wrong. Management is rude too demanding and dumb as a ton of bricks. Program manager lazy and messy kept up a lot of drama between co-workers. Unorganized &workers were always lied to about important need to know issues... Run from this place DO NOT FALL for the set-up!!!!
Pros
Free food
Awful - don't do it at all costs
Staff (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALOctober 22, 2015
All upper management cares about is themselves and their dollar. Don't care about people you're supposed to be taking care of. Move staff and people around like cattle and will come after you in every way possible if you complain about it, even each other / don't trust anyone - they're not your friends.
Pros
People caring for
Cons
Horrible management
I wouldn't trust anyone at this company
Staff (Current Employee) –  GadsdenOctober 14, 2015
The people we care for are wonderful. Some co workers are great. The hardest part of the job is determining which rules to follow. Every supervisor has different rules and they change often. The house manager has no medical training and wants to "play nurse" and will make decisions without calling the nurse. The director over the house manager is lazy. If you say anything about working and not getting your paycheck right they will say it's your fault. They expect you to just work for nothing. As long as you work and take whatever they give you everything is fine but if you speak out about anything, watch out. You will be a target for them. The CEO only wants people who will be "yes men" I have learned to trust no one. Management, especially at the top, only care about themselves. They don't even care about the people this company is supposed to be caring for.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No real breaks most days, stress, uneducated supervisors
terrible and uneducated management & terrible pay
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALSeptember 28, 2013
you work your butt off for 8-12 hours, get paid $8, run All over the place (in company cars, but still), the "house managers" are rude, they treat you like they own you, just to put it bluntly. the house managers are pretty much uneducated but think they're RNs since they associate with one. most awful place to work. they don't release any of your own information or paperwork to you. it's flat out awful. I worked there for well over 9 months only to e told I hadn't worked 90 days and couldn't receive my insurance benefits for 2 more months.
Pros
the clients you work with
Cons
house managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ability Plus, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

1.5