Ability Employee Reviews

Excellent environment to learn
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 9, 2017
Specialty Care allowed me the opportunity to learn about the inner workings of the surgery environment, and helped me gain useful knowledge including how to move and operate equipment.
a lot of cardiac and infusion patients
Field registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 26, 2017
I was able to gain experience in high-tech cardiac care, infusions, PICC, and central lines. They had a diverse patient case load. I was a case manager and field supervisor. Management often held pay from employees if they did not change their documentation to meet the company needs.
Pros
friendly staff, easy to work for company
Cons
not enough patients and spaced far apart
Good working team
SR District Manager Mission Foods (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 26, 2017
good working team/build a solid team of people that like there job and like to work
Room for growth
Be able and willing to learn new ways of management
Pros
advancement
Cons
staying as a DM for ever
Productive and fun workplace with great customer service
Maintance Worker (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJFebruary 17, 2017
Come to work on-time, take care of each and every departments in the entire stores trash, take the bailor outside, clean the break room, pay attention to walkie talkies for any spills throughout the entire store, clean bathrooms upstairs and make sure supplies are available for customers and employees upstairs and downstairs, and help customers throughout the day with questions they may have with items and any other things through out the supermarket.
Pros
Always something to work on and customer service on a daily basis when you come to work.
Cons
Short Breaks
Great work environment
Sales Associate, Express (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INFebruary 9, 2017
Great family friendly business. The employees are awesome and a typical day consisted of assisting with dental procedures and cleaning the office. The workplace culture was the best part about the job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Productive and challenging place to work
Shift Supervisor, Glacier Ice Cream & Gelato (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 1, 2017
A typical day at work at Meijer would include me clocking in, and starting on my list of tasks to do, and taking breaks at my allotted time. Seeing if co-workers need any help with theirs if I finished up early. I learned how to address customer's needs and learned my way around the departments. Management was exceptional and handled things very proficiently. Hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers, but that goes for all jobs. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with such fun co-workers.
Pros
great coworkers and managers, fun work place
Cons
short breaks
Friendly work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVDecember 30, 2016
Hours vary from day to day as well as weekly. Management is as accommodating as possible. Staff does change periodically, generally a friendly group of people. Work can be laborious but not to bad.
New and exciting work place
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2016
Showing up at 8am everyday we would set up the pool in order to properly and efficiently teach children ages 3-13 how to swim and/or how to advance their skills and water safety in the pool. I learned how to teach in many different ways as not everyone learns the same and also how to assess a situation based on safety, i.e. making sure the swimmers with less ability and therefore less water safety needed the most attention until they were comfortable on their own. We had a new boss this past summer (we had the same boss the two previous summers) so it was a new and less fun job to work at than before. My co-workers all went to the same high school as I did so it was a very close environment among the instructors/lifeguards. The most difficult part of the job was staying patient with the kids when they wouldn't listen or when they would talk over me, but it was so rewarding seeing them successfully complete a task they were unable to do before.
Pros
Good pay, good work environment
Cons
Short breaks, being in a pool for 6+ hours a day
Great Place
Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 4, 2016
Great place to work filled with the best people. If not for moving to a different state. I would still be here.
My time was spent fighting wild fires and preparing for wild fires.
Contract work
CONTRACT MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 27, 2016
Was able to work from home and enjoyed working the scheduled hours.. Quantity of work and assignments were lacking at the time.
Enjoyable workplace with advancement possiblities
Customer Service - Supermarket /Fryer Program (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 17, 2016
Held various positions during my ten years with this firm. My ability to investigate and offer solutions to situations as they arose was one of my greatest assets and helped maintain the proper profit margins.
Pros
Larger firm with many career opportunities
Cons
Conflicting management styles
workplace
Merchandiser Contractor (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 31, 2016
once a month I travel to stores to setup displays and make sure products are being sold they pay pretty decent the job is very stress free
Customer Service Focus with Strong Administrative Skills
Small Business Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work includes running a pedicure/manicure business which means performing services, booking/confirming appointments as well as administrative duties such as the bookkeeping, supply purchasing and towel washing. I have learned that it in this business, it is just important to have a realistic plan as it is to have an attainable goal. There is not a typical management team because the salon operates with subcontractors so I would consider the salon owner as a type of manager because she is final decision maker. With that being said, she is very approachable and reasonable, always willing to assist in any way. The hardest part of the job is finding parking in the midtown area. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing relaxation and service to people.
Pros
Flexibility, Customer Relations, Enjoy Salon Environment
Cons
Stable income
location near transportation and resturants
DATA ENTRY CLERK, EXPRESS PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  7136 N.ClarkDecember 16, 2015
A typical day at work would be me arriving with the Doctor to open the clinic. Start all computer systems and answer all message left on voice mail. Send out all labs once pick up had come. Review all appointment scheduled for the day and opening. Open phone lines for patients. Call patients who needed to come in for a follow up. Answer all incoming call to the clinic. As well as answer all question a patient had to the best of my ability. File all documents electronically, collect co-pays, verify insurances though the system check.
Pros
Doctor always paid for lunch
Cons
you could not leave the clinic
Nordstrom Women's Desiger Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 11, 2015
The greatest challenge was relationship selling but it was also the greatest reward. The first 6 months Women's Designer, under my management, was the number one department in top 250 customer spend increase.
Pros
Salary plus commission and promote from within
Cons
no work life balance
Great work place
Lead DSP (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, INNovember 9, 2015
Great coworkers and definitely a place to grow and flourish, but the pay just inst great. Great management, and always a fun environment.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 18, 2015
the job was very flexible with schedules around school and family. the management and the team was great. I learned great customer service skills.
About me
Construction Accountant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLSeptember 24, 2015
I wear many hats but enjoy cost accounting the most. I like working in a group but am just as happy working alone. I am detail oriented and like a busy day.
Nonstop customers
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Everyday consist of dealing with very nice customers. Never gave me a hard time. So when they needed help knowing what was on a sandwich, I would be able to help them easily.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
Not knowing what to eat for lunch because everything was GREAT
Great people
Financial Coordinator​ Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood IndianaSeptember 8, 2015
In this job my favorite part was my co-workers! Everyone was helpful and friendly. It made my job fun and enjoyable to go to.