Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health

Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health Employee Reviews

Its been a long time since I worked at Abington
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Abington, PANovember 30, 2017
When I worked at Abington it was stressful due to the existing management of which im sure should be different by now. It otherwise was a nice place to work. I did not stay there that long song I really can't recall to much.
Poor Diversity and Hate in the workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Abington, PANovember 29, 2017
Hate and racism is an all time high. Patient choose their nurse and do not allow other race to take care of them. The manager allow it and you have to please your manager in order to avoid the chopping block.
Pros
You can't even eat your lunch or go the bathroom.
Cons
Ratio would be as high as 9 patients to one nurse. High incidence of hate and racism.
Busy in the morning hours
Central Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2017
Busy morning hrs friendly atmosphere flexible hrs not much down time during morning hrs priority trays needed in the morning lots of decontamination carts during afternoon hrs
Pros
Give incentive
Cons
Weekends are very busy
Great Experience
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2017
I really loved working for Abington Hospital. They treated me like family! I will always go back there to work again. I Learned how to always work as a team.
Great, resourceful, competitive pay, decent hours
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2017
This Job is Awesome & i highly recommend this job to anyone seeking labor, it is a privilege working at a hospital and even more a heartwarming career laboring at Abington Jefferson.

Daily update of stock, cleaning materials, to get the job done, holiday special dinning.
Pros
Great quality foods & drinks, respectful staff
Cons
Short breaks
Competative and high stress
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAOctober 22, 2017
Busy acute care setting was good for me at the time of employment, lt was the best place to learn and see a variety of medical complications.I would recommend it
Goid place to work at.
Nutrition Assistant-Hostess (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAOctober 3, 2017
The pay is good and benefits are terrific. The only draw back is full time positions are hard to come by. There is a lot of walking depending on what floor your assigned to.
Pros
Paid time off is very easy to accrue.
Cons
There can be some long days.
productive workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 30, 2017
I've learned to go work, do your job, clock out and go home. Don't go to work to make friends. Go to work to enrich the lives of others. Leave work at work. Walk in positive, walk out positive. Respect your peers because you all have to come to work to meet one need, and that is the need or needs of the patient.
great place for beginning nurse
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 28, 2017
Abington Jefferson is a great place to start a nursing career. There are many opportunities available for career advancement, and knowledge growth. The culture is positive and senior management is very interested in employee engagement.
Great Place to work
Registrar, Outpatient Lab Registration Department (Former Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 27, 2017
I like working at Abington, I worked for them part-time and it was great, the staff, my management, I could always go to talk. when I became sick and had to leave ti was a good experience, and I was informed if I choice to I could apply for others jobs. If I get the chance I will work for them again.
Great
Abington- Transporter (Current Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 25, 2017
I loved working here. The atmosphere and staff was amazing. There is always an opportunity for advancement depending on the position that you are in! Great place to work!
Team work environment
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working in a team environment, we worked hard and formed a family environment. The most rewarding part of my job was being able to put a smile on my patients faces and helping them to be independent as much as possible.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
not enough time for lunch
Loved working here!!
Administrative Assistant Emergency Trauma Unit (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working in the ETC. Very fast pace but efficient. I learned a lot during these years at Abington Health. The staff is very helpful and we worked together as a team to get the job done.
Nice place to work
Medical Office Coordinator/Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 8, 2017
Fast pace, always expanding, nice place to work. Multi departments with a great opportunity to advance. Friendly and pleasant work environment. Very patient orientated.
Abington
Emergency Room Trauma nurse/Nurse Leader (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 8, 2017
A well oiled machine you will never have to look for help or supplies and you had mass amount of resources at your disposal. Definitely one of my favorite places to work
Pros
resources
Cons
low pay
Great People to Work With
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 8, 2017
I enjoy working at Abington Hospital. I had a great team in Payroll. The work/life balance was excellent. Management was a pleasure to work with as well as the HR Team.
Stressful, but a good place to work
Emergency Trauma Center Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 6, 2017
Opportunities for learning and developing new skills, people are friendly; doctors get high marks for their areas of expertise. Great cafeteria food and 2 nice gift shops.
Good place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAJuly 18, 2017
Management could be a better but they are currently working and hearing everyone out as far as what is needed to be better. You can voice your concerns without a thought of not being taken seriously.
Abington
Medical Surgical Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJuly 13, 2017
I did not work as an employee I only did clinical. I enjoyed my experiences with Abington and would love to work there. It has a very positive learning environment.
A good place to work
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJuly 6, 2017
It was pleasant working there and the benefits were great, they had room for promotion and they kept their workers satisfied, I will tell you this they are a great teaching hospital
Pros
it was a good hospital { teaching hospital)
Cons
nothing bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health. Our community is ready to answer.