Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health

Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health Employee Reviews

Not the best place to work
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMarch 29, 2017
I did not like experience that I have got at this hospital. Compensation for the work that you do there not sufficient at all. Very toxic environment. There is very poor teamwork there. I would not recommend this place.
Pros
Patients are great there
Cons
Poor management. Toxic environment. Teamwork is poor. No free parking
Prior MRI employee
Prior MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  AMHMarch 23, 2017
There is no balance between work and family, very chaotic work schedule that will never be consistent or set, very unorganized department, always understaffed. Get your experience and get out. It is a great hospital, but not a great department to work for because of the management.
productive
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
ok workplace. very busy a lot of details. not bad if you can concentrate and multitask. very high demanding job must be able to deal with a lot of high volume and destitute pt
Respected community hospital
SUPERVISOR, CASE MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAMarch 16, 2017
Regional trauma center, many experts within the medical specialties. Good OB and NICU care. Busy ED. Culture of employees is one of longevity. Employee retention is a positive indicator for favorable employer.
Great place to work!
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAMarch 12, 2017
Was always busy answering phones as they rang nonstop. Learned Word Perfect on this job. Computers were just becoming used more widely in the office setting.
Busy but a good place to work
Nursing Assistant/Student (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAFebruary 26, 2017
You can encounter people who can brighten your days and others who do nothing but complain about their life. More good than bad though.
awesome
Nutrition Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAFebruary 7, 2017
they give frequent raises and if you do your job well youll get rewarded for it. benefits are amazing. this is a great place to work
Stressful but rewarding
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAJanuary 7, 2017
Central scheduling is a stressful job, in a stressful environment and requires patience and thick skin. Heavy call volume,you're tied to your phone, short lunches with little time to recoop
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare, stressful environment
exciting workplace and very rewarding in the healthcare field
Patient Service/ Transporter (Former Employee) –  Abington, PADecember 11, 2016
a typical day of work consist of interacting with patients as I transport them to and from their scheduled appointments. I have learned different medical task and skills pertaining to the hospital setting. Management was pleasant. Coworkers are helpful and a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of this job is helping patients cope with some of the tough health issues they may be dealing with. The most enjoyable part of this job is having the chance to be their for patients in need.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough employeers
great place to work
Perioperative Clinical Associate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Abington, PADecember 6, 2016
Great place to work. I have worked here for years and I think I will retire here. Yes all jobs has it flaws. However, It has advancement and allows you to further your education and growth within the company
Meh
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAOctober 23, 2016
It's OKAY. Nothing stands out significantly. The pay isn't bad (competitive with the city rates) . Haven't had a raise in a very long time though. Especially weekend program staff.
Productive and caring workplace
SPD Secretary/ Material Management (Current Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 24, 2016
I have been working for Abington-Jeff Hospital for 10+ years and have been happy with the overall care and concerns of their employees
Pros
The overall accommodation for the employees
Cons
More employee appreciation
love it
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 22, 2016
Great place to work you will learn a lot. The community is in need for a lot. however if you like to help and give back this is the place for you for real.
Cons
Professional workplace with a fun, family orientated enviornment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAAugust 28, 2016
The clinical, non-clinical, management and doctors worked very well together. We would all have lunch together and joke around. We could have fun at work while staying professional. The practice I worked in always put family first and was very understanding and caring.
Pros
The health insurance was great!
Not good at all
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 3, 2016
The company needs to look more into the going on of the units and work on customer service. They need refresher in that area.
Pros
Clients and experience
Cons
Company
Productive and a great company to work for.
Admissions/Emergency Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2016
This is a great and productive company to work for. It is fast pace and it keeps you busy. My co-workers were very helpful and friendly.
Friendly pepole in a great workplace atmosphere
Cardiology Technican (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAMay 28, 2016
Work days were always very busy in the stress lab. We had to have tested fifteen or more patients a day. I learn t how nuclear medicine works and how to efficiently read ekgs and interpret holter monitors for the doctor. Management was always plesant and fair to workers. I actually enjoyed working with management. The hardest part of the job was when a patient got sick or was lost during a stress test. I enjoyed the work atmosphere, the hospital was strick about the staff having good work ethic.Everyone I came encountered with was very pleasant and helpful to staff and patients.
Pros
bonus, good pay and occassional lunch on the job.
Cons
working long hours standing
Great job
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMay 19, 2016
I learned a great deal of multi taskng while working here. It's a great job the pay in sterile processing is currently under investigation because it is not adequate with the job duties.
Abington is a good place to work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMay 13, 2016
In a typical day I see about 5 to 6 patients. Abington pays for mileage. My co- workers are nice and friendly and they are team players. The hardest part of my job is when my patients pass way. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my patients are happy and smile. It lets me know I did a great job!
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
some times you have to drive far.
fun place to work. nice sense of community
business (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMay 5, 2016
on computer and phone 8 hours, meetings.
improved billing knowledge, finance.
enjoy working with others and assisting patients with thier issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval