Abington Memorial Hospital

Abington Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

exciting workplace and very rewarding in the healthcare field
Patient Service/ Transporter (Former Employee) –  Abington, PADecember 11, 2016
a typical day of work consist of interacting with patients as I transport them to and from their scheduled appointments. I have learned different medical task and skills pertaining to the hospital setting. Management was pleasant. Coworkers are helpful and a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of this job is helping patients cope with some of the tough health issues they may be dealing with. The most enjoyable part of this job is having the chance to be their for patients in need.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough employeers
love it
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 22, 2016
Great place to work you will learn a lot. The community is in need for a lot. however if you like to help and give back this is the place for you for real.
Not good at all
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 3, 2016
The company needs to look more into the going on of the units and work on customer service. They need refresher in that area.
Pros
Clients and experience
Cons
Company
Productive and a great company to work for.
Admissions/Emergency Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2016
This is a great and productive company to work for. It is fast pace and it keeps you busy. My co-workers were very helpful and friendly.
Friendly pepole in a great workplace atmosphere
Cardiology Technican (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAMay 28, 2016
Work days were always very busy in the stress lab. We had to have tested fifteen or more patients a day. I learn t how nuclear medicine works and how to efficiently read ekgs and interpret holter monitors for the doctor. Management was always plesant and fair to workers. I actually enjoyed working with management. The hardest part of the job was when a patient got sick or was lost during a stress test. I enjoyed the work atmosphere, the hospital was strick about the staff having good work ethic.Everyone I came encountered with was very pleasant and helpful to staff and patients.
Pros
bonus, good pay and occassional lunch on the job.
Cons
working long hours standing
Great job
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMay 19, 2016
I learned a great deal of multi taskng while working here. It's a great job the pay in sterile processing is currently under investigation because it is not adequate with the job duties.
Abington is a good place to work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMay 13, 2016
In a typical day I see about 5 to 6 patients. Abington pays for mileage. My co- workers are nice and friendly and they are team players. The hardest part of my job is when my patients pass way. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my patients are happy and smile. It lets me know I did a great job!
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
some times you have to drive far.
fun place to work. nice sense of community
business (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMay 5, 2016
on computer and phone 8 hours, meetings.
improved billing knowledge, finance.
enjoy working with others and assisting patients with thier issues.
Busy work environment.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAApril 8, 2016
Fast paced floor. Great learning environment. I enjoy all of my co-workers. As with any facility, staffing concerns. Abington Hospital census is usually high, so they job security is pretty good.
Pros
Great learning floor, very diverse.
Cons
Staffing
good job to have
Outpatient Registrar - Mammogram Team (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMarch 29, 2016
Good places to work!The benfits was good .My co-workers where wonderful to work with.It was and good places to work.I would recommend someone to work at this hospital.
This unit great work environment
Registered Nurse Med/Surg (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMarch 28, 2016
Great Management, Great co-workers. Hardest part of the job was the patient population. The most enjoyable were my team of co-workers, my manager who was great and my opportunities for growth.
Good place for an internship if you are a pss major at PSU - Abington.
Intern - Hospital Elder LIFE Program (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAFebruary 24, 2016
Abington Memorial Hospital's Hospital Elder Life Program is a good place to get your internship hours in as a Psychological and Social Science Major.
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse (Oncology) (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAFebruary 8, 2016
Abington is a family. A community hospital that has hit it big! They keep the local feel with expert care, without having to go into the city.
A Kind Hospital
Clinical Student (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAFebruary 1, 2016
One of the best places to learn and to teach in. This was my student clinical site and I did per-diem work for this company for a few years. They improved the infrastructure of the hospital to bring it into the present. Each one of my co-workers was kind and supportive and really cared about each individuals needs. A rich environment where people can grow and form a life that works for the benefit of patients and staff alike.
Customer care priority
Fullfilling passion (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAJanuary 14, 2016
Fast pace environment with the goal of excellence for our patients and their care. The dialysis team are a special group of stars that strive everyday to give life!
Pros
Making a difference everyday.
Cons
Census and productivity
Registered Nurse, Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Abington, PADecember 11, 2015
I enjoyed working here and stil miss this place sometimes. The culture is one of respect for all employees and the administrators are committed to this. Unfortunately, it is not usually very competitive in pay and benefits because they think that it is a privilege to work here.
Caring Co-workers
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Abington, PADecember 4, 2015
I totally enjoy everything about my work place. My coworkers are like my family. Its my second home. I would recommend this place to everyone.
Voted one of "Best Places to Work".
Receptionist V - Women's Healthcare Group (Former Employee) –  Abington, PADecember 2, 2015
A community based teaching hospital, one of the finest in the Philadelphia area. An honor and a pleasure to work with them.
Pros
All employees carry a professional demeanor.
Cons
Became a more corporate setting, less personable, last 10 years.
Excellent internship program
Chief Of Staff Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAOctober 26, 2015
I had the opportunity to intern in the Chief of Staff Office. Everyday consisted of different projects; however, the main object was preparing for the Joint Commission Surveyor. I would update physician files, print out current licenses, highlight important dates, attend important meetings, create excel worksheets categorizing reports, and many other important functions that pertain to meeting Joint Commission requirements. My manager was absolutely terrific! She encouraged me to make the most of my experience, brought me everywhere she could, and introduced to me some important people at Abington Hospital. The people I worked with were great! They were so nice, warm, and welcoming to me; they truly made me feel like I was apart of the family. The hardest part of the job was not being confident with myself in some of the tasks I was assigned. I would doubt myself and ask a lot of questions if I wasn't sure of something. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was actually contributing work to the team! That made me feel as if my work mattered and that I was really making a difference.
Productive and challenging workplace.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAOctober 14, 2015
A typical day on the unit was busy with care of 4-6 patients on a 12 hour day/evening shift. Sometimes, patients assigned were critical and had to be transferred to the unit or specialty floors. Taking care of hospice patients and acute patients was stressful. Stayed sometimes beyond the shift to help co-workers, finished late admission charting and waited for oncoming nurses for report on my patients .I have learned about coordinating care for acute and hospice patients, the importance of assessments for advanced care needs and supporting families who have a loved ones on hospice. The management was not always around to discuss patient concerns. My co-workers were not always supportive, but always asked for my help and validating their concerns regarding patient care. The hardest job was making time for my patients and their families. The enjoyable part of the job was receiving a thank you from patients for relieving their pain, coordinating their care and taking time to teach them about their health issues.
Pros
Education opportunities and medical team support
Cons
Short or no lunch bteaks and lack of co-worker support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abington Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Abington Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location