Abington Memorial Hospital

Abington Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work.
Home infusion Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJuly 17, 2015
i have received a lot of experience to deal with different health professionals. good place to work.
overall everything was good.
Working with pleasant people.
Administration Quality Associate (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAJune 11, 2015
Working with professionals who enjoys there jobs. Having
monthly meeting with managers to upgrade department.
Downside when a patient dies comforting the family members.
Pros
We get freem pizza every thiry days with a patient falling.
Cons
Sometime skip breaks to fulfill job duties.
Busy pleasant work enviroment
Insurance Liaison (Former Employee) –  Abington PennsylvaniaMay 6, 2015
Enjoyed my coworkers, as we worked as a team to meet our goals. I learned a lot about the insurance industry. Located inside Horsham Clinic in a pretty park like setting
This is a great organization that I can recommend without reservation.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAApril 24, 2015
I love the opportunity that I have been given and the support of management to influence change. Satisfying environment overall.
Pros
A place where you have the opportunity to develop your skills, share your knowledge, and make a difference in people's lives.
Cons
Tight staffing control places heavy demand on balancing efficiency with quality of care.
Internship Student for Nursing (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAApril 22, 2015
Learning different positions that are offered, nursing occupational therapy CNA etc. Slow pace, but talking with patients is a joy. The colleagues are great. The people who are in charge of the program are nice but could be a little more understanding.
Pros
Great experience and very helpful for anyone going into the health field
Backbracking
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAApril 19, 2015
run away fast abim is the worst ...you always gett written up ... The manager only cares about her self .. Physcians are good but treat staff underneath them
Pros
Clinical
Cons
no time for lunch
Productive place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Abington, PaApril 1, 2015
great physician's, hard working staff.
At one time management treated staff well
Co-workers are back bone of the institution
Pros
treat the employees well
Productive and fun volunteer experience
Hospital Elder Life Program Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAMarch 18, 2015
Volunteering at Abington Memorial Hospital is a wondering life experience. I enjoy interacting with patients and improving their health statuses. Under an excellent leadership team, volunteers are able to truly make a difference in several patient's hospital visits.
Pros
compassionate volunteers, knowledgeable supervisors, and appreciative patients
Women's Health
Clinical Associate - Mother-Baby Unit (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Women's health has always interested me. Working with new moms and newborns was rewarding and uplifting. Night shift (11p-7a) was tough to balance with school. Management was not always clear with communication to night shift.
Pros
coworkers, patient population
Cons
night shift w/ school
AMH - Not patient-oriented
Pre-Encounter Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAFebruary 11, 2015
If you are a high level employee in the Abington system, your work experience is likely a good one. However, middle- to lower-level employees are routinely threatened with termination for not meeting various quotas, regardless of patient safety. Management is encouraged to focus on bill collection in all departments, and patients are routinely called and asked to pay money for services before the services have even been rendered. This leads to contentious relationships with patients and management, as well as the high turnover rate at AMH.
Productive workplace
Medical Records Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Abington, PA.February 9, 2015
Processed documents, medical charts and filed daily, Picked charts up from nurses stations, Chart copy transfer, Processed Birth Certificate Government Forms, Stored charts and old data for shipment. I enjoyed working together on one accord with my co-workers to meet our quota for the day.
Pros
free lunch at times, celebrations, learning new things.
Cons
n/a
Great hospital
Student nurse (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJanuary 23, 2015
Solid staffing, focused delivery of care. Lovely staff and benefits.
I learned alot of skills
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJanuary 19, 2015
I have learned alot of skills and I can do any multitask job when it comes to medical records or office types clerical work.
Pros
i like working by myelf
Cons
no advancement
Enjoyable
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAJanuary 3, 2015
Great place to work where I learned a lot and was able to grow into the person I am today
Good work environment
Central Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Abington,PaNovember 30, 2014
I report to work on time to see what area i will perform my work duty for the day. I look to the "Job task" board to see what sets or instruments are a priority for the surgeries that will be carried out during my shift
Went down hill
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 9, 2014
When I started here Abington was a great place to work. Over the years it has declined greatly. The benefits are terrible, the pay is mediocre at best and the work load is very heavy. I love what I do but it is very hard to be the nurse you hope to be when staffing is so short and you are forced to do things that are unsafe and end up neglecting your patients.
Challenging and Diversified
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Abington, PASeptember 5, 2014
Typical day would include:
Daily
Date stamp & sort mail: photocopy checks, create daily bank deposit, deposit delivered to business services to deposit.
Process account payable invoices received daily and send to finance for payment
Respond to employee’s questions about pay and reimbursements
Respond to managers questions-various issues: invoices from their venders, payroll issues, department monthly account balances
Filing and archiving
As needed
Monthly cash reconciliation
Review month end reports
Responsible for petty cash account-disbursement, track receipts and balance
Process payroll for 200 employees
Compile information for various studies
Other various duties as assigned
This organization had many layers of management. Each department manager has their own style which is influenced by the leaders of this non-for profit organization. My co-workers and I all worked as a team, especially on payroll Monday. The hardest part of this job was ensuring all full-time nurses turned in time sheets in order to complete payroll and turn in by 10 AM as required by payroll department. The most enjoyable part of this job was completing the monthly reconciliation as well as analyzing and reviewing monthly reports and statistical studies. Making sure everything balanced to the penny, all account had accurate balances, and statistical studies provided accurate information was fun and challenging.
While working at this job I learned many new skills; such as supervising other employees, creating and implementing statistical studies, and financial analysis of monthly reports.
Pros
close to home, good benifits
Cons
changing managment
Current employer
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 1, 2014
I currently work on the night shift on the post partum unit. We care for new mothers and their infants.
I have learnt a great deal about post partum care, care of infants. I have also cared for mothers whose infants have passed away or those who are in the NICU.
The night shift supervisor is helpful, I don't tend to see the management team as they are in during the day. I have only met upper management a couple of times.
My co-workers are a great team, we work together when admissions arrive and when there is an emergency.
It is hard to look after mothers whose infants are critically ill in the NICU or pass away in the NICU.
It is nice to work with new parents and their infants
Pros
close to where i work
Very rewarding position
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAAugust 1, 2014
Patient Services Representative, 1993 - 1999
Assisted patients with billing inquiries and served as patient relations representative to resolve both financial and non-financial issues. Acted as liaison with insurance companies providing assistance in coding and timely payments. Reviewed EOBs to confirm proper payment by insurance company

Financial Administrative Assistant, 1991-1993
Developed training program for Home Health Aides, which included staying
within insurance company guidelines and following plans for care as dictated by the case manager. Computerized the activities of Home Health Aides for billing and patient medical records. Performed payroll functions for 40 Home Health Aides and resolved workers compensation issues.
interesting oncology unit
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAJuly 29, 2014
The hardest part as a student to care for the young mom with the cancer with one 8 month old baby.
Pros
great oncology unit to learn for the student nurses
Cons
short rotation

Abington Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location