Abington Memorial Hospital

Abington Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

interesting oncology unit
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Abington, PAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great oncology unit to learn for the student nurses
Cons: short rotation
The hardest part as a student to care for the young mom with the cancer with one 8 month old baby.
Overall, Abington is the nicest place I have worked. Problems actually are addressed, and they truly do resolve problems.
Staff RN (Former Employee), Abington, PAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: no breaks or lunch on the schedule, clean work environment, cafeteria does have a healthy selection, we started a new computer system throughout the hospital, support staff was well trained to help everyone adjust.
Cons: clics, heavy patient assignments, and i know this sounds cliche, but the rns are underpaid.
Overall, the company is a good place to work. They are not "nurse friendly" in that nurses are not compensated for their efforts. At my last review I was declined a market increase in salary because I – more... was at the top of the pay scale. However, I did receive the 2.5% cost of living increase.
The hospital is clean, dedicated to customer service, and does have top notch RNs and doctors. RN assignments are a bit heavy. At times not sufficient ancillary help to support the RNs.
Issues are addressed and rectified as fairly as possible. – less
Enjoyed delivering babies
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), 1200 Old York Road, Abington, PAJuly 8, 2014
Worked night shift at a time when the delivery department was exceptionally busy every night. Hardest part of the job was seeing mothers upset when things did not go as planned. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping new moms and baby transition.
Team Oriented
Safety Companion/Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia PAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: recent lay off
A great place to work, good supervisors and team oriented co workers
Productive , efficient Prtofessional
Operating Room Orderly (Former Employee), Abington, PAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: medical staff, close to home, pay
Cons: hospital closed without any notification
Obtained work assignments from Physicians, Nurses and Nurse Manager. Assisted patients with thier medical needs and questions.
Worked overtime when asked or required. Enjoyed my position. Enjoyed working with Management.
Great place to work. People are very kind and professional.
Staff Assistant (Current Employee), PAJune 24, 2014
Healthcare always changing and Abington Hospital meets the demands. Have no intention on leaving my job, I am trying to supplement my income.
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Abington, PAJune 6, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: diploma nursing program
Many opportunities to save lives. Many technical advances. Culture of safety.
Not what I expected from a reputable Hospital!!
Crcst, Chl (Former Employee), Abington, PAJune 4, 2014
Pros: that i at least can bring in enough to live from pay to pay
Cons: it a shame a hospital has to be ran with so much recentment towards ther employees
When I first came to abington hospital, i was employed as a Surgical tech right out of school. Graduated top of class. All I recieved from the OR staff was no support. They made my orientation very unconfortable. – more... I ask myself why hire me, but I went to work every day, work hard, was never late. And the OR nurses decided to make my day to day activities unconfortable. To sum it up they made up some story that I fell asleep while in the OR with a doctor during a procedure. wrote me up and decided to fire me. well they gave me a choice, same choice i found out they gave three other surg techs prior to me employment. Go to work for CSR Department or get fired. At the time there were'nt many surg tech job opening so i took there offer (I needed to pay my bills). Well as time pass I lost my certification as a surg tech. (16,000 dollar down the drain) and was force to get certified as a CRCST. Nothing changes I continue to give 110 percent to this Hospital and in return get nothing I been turn down to become the supervisor of my shift. After getting my certification as a CHL. I continue to look everyday for some better opportunity for myself and family. All I can do is hope the there is an employer out there that appreciate a hard working employee as my self with good family value and a verteran of the armed forces.If this sounds like a bad review it not, it the truth and my co-worker feel the same way about this employer. Bad News, A BIG DISAPOINTMENT!!!!!!! – less
Family like enviroment
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Abington, PAMay 21, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: job security
I enjoy the work I provide at the hospital and also my co workers.
very busy ER
Staff Nurse- Emergency Room (Former Employee), Abington, PAApril 29, 2014
Pros: overtime incentives
Cons: living so close, i felt like a slave
started with a BANG and usually ended very quietly. Worked overnight hours, much more enjoyable than 1st shift
Great place to grow
Nutrition Services Associate (Former Employee), Abington, PAApril 21, 2014
While employed with Abington I learned all about multi tasking and time management. I became more of a team player with my co workers. I loved to meet new people at my job, and I got a wonderful feeling when my patients thanked me for my services.
Great hospital to work for, strong management team
Labor and Delivery Nurse (Current Employee), abington paMarch 27, 2014
Abington is a great hospital to work for, the staff and management team work well together
Great Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: non
friendly managers
friendly co-worker
laid back job
little standing
fun place
NICU Registered Nurse
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Abington, PAMarch 9, 2014
Worked in a Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit caring for premature infants with complex medical and surgical needs.
Great coworkers. Relaxed environment.
Interface Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee), Willow GroveMarch 2, 2014
Enjoyable work environment.
No micro-managing.
Worked cohesively with other groups and departments.
Coworkers were very friendly and willing to help.
Care associate 7p-7a
Clinical Associate (Former Employee), Abington, PAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: experience, educational
This was my first hospital job, I worked througout the hospital as a CNA, crossed trained to do unit clerk, vital signs, ADL's, glucose monitoring, patient care, etc.
A Job to remember
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Abington, PAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: the drug reps brought lunch in every weds.
Cons: i enjoyed the busy invironment.
I enjoyed working for Abington hospital because I liked working with patients when they arrived in this office. I made appointments for patients who walked in and over the phone.
Worst place to work
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee), Abington, PAFebruary 5, 2014
Poor management
I learned to never judge a book by its cover.
Productive and alot of job security
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Abington, PAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free coffee and bonuses based on excellent job performence.
Cons: overnight hours can be a little difficult to adjust to.
Excellent work environment as well as salary. The work itself was simple enough but still an honest day's work and i worked with a great group of people and management. i liked the flexible schedule also.
Great
Floor Nurse (Former Employee), Abington, PAJanuary 28, 2014
Great place to work. Excellent learning opportunities. Top-notch care.
Headquarters