Abington Memorial Hospital

Abington Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Great
MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Abington, PaNovember 9, 2013
Excellent Facility, Great Benefits, Fun and Friendly people to work with. inpatients and out patience
great, productive
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Lansdale, PAOctober 31, 2013
Great learning enviornment. I'm a nursing student and got a job there as a nurses aide and I loved it. everyone extremely nice and helpful and the patients are great. also they hire most of their nurse aides as nurses once they graduate nursing school.
My co-workers where the best out of the whole job.
Clinical Associate (Former Employee), Abington, PAOctober 17, 2013
Hard place to work. Always short staff which made the job harder.My co- workers were the best, we tried to work together as much as we could in order make the work place a little easier. Management never notice good workers and never gave their staff a thumbs up for the awesome work.
Good place to work people were friendly.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Abington, PAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: comp meals when work overnight
Cons: relying on public transportation while working late hrs
A typical day at work was very busy, intense, most times I had my work cut out for me, however, I was fulfilled in caring for others.
I learned that it doesn't matter how you feel when it come to the needs of a patient, they are sick and should be treated with compassion.
Management was overall empathetic.
My co-workers were reliable and helpful
The – more... hardest part of the job was doing a triple shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a smile of a patient, or satisfying the needs of a patient. – less
Clinical Associate, Cardio Vascular Unit (Current Employee), Abington PAOctober 8, 2013
A day at work consists of getting report from previous co workers. Together the nurses and Techs work together to take care of patients.
great computer programs including eclinical.
Abington Ob/Gyn (Current Employee), horsham, abington, warringtonOctober 5, 2013
interesting job, lots of friendly patients. a cultural diversity of employees, all warmly greeting more than 100 patients each day.
Worst Management I Ever Had
full time MOA at a internal medicine practice (Former Employee), Physician NetworkSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: patients are great, good benefits okay pay
Cons: management does not care about you. kill or be killed type of attitude. do as i say not as i do.
Management could care less about their employees. Speak up and you have a target on your back. they keep management in the family as well.
The patients were the best part of the job.
Great learning facility
Staff RN (Former Employee), Abington, PASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: flexible schedual
Cons: no overtime
Terrific team of practitioners. It was a pleasure working with excellence
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Abington, PAAugust 27, 2013
Great people and overall enjoyable organization to work for.
Poor senior leadership - only helpful to those they like on a personal level
Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Abington Memorial HospitalAugust 1, 2013
Pros: doctors and department management
Cons: physicians network leadership
A do as I say not as I do atmosphere
Senior Leadership in the Physicians Network are not nice to staff.
They are not supportive.
They say one thing and do something else.
AMH is a great place to work.
Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Abington, PAJuly 18, 2013
Even at this point I only volunteer at Abington Memorial Hospital, it's a great to be a part of this large family!
Abington Memorial Hospital is very supportive of its nursing staff in many ways.
Team Coordinator (Current Employee), Abington, PAJuly 17, 2013
Abington Memorial Hospital is an excellent place to expand your nursing career. It was the first hospital in the Philadelphia area to become Magnet certified and has maintained this designation since its inception 10 years ago. Abington offers flexible work schedules .
Abington has been a stepping stone.
Reproduction Operator (Current Employee), Abington, PAJuly 15, 2013
Pros: convenient to where i live.
Cons: pay rate could be improved
My experiences with Abington Hospital have been pretty beneficial. I've been able to grow as person, and network with people that can help me advance if I wanted. An overall good place to work.
Productive and fun work place with a feel of value
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee), Abington, PAJuly 4, 2013
Pros: get off work on time.
Cons: could use a bigger lunch area
I enjoy working at ASU. I love meeting new people and helping them as well.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee), Abington, PAJune 25, 2013
everyone was very friendly and helpful. I loved the people that I worked with and had hoped for the intership to turn into a job.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Abington, PAMay 9, 2013
I am responsible for caring to heart failure patients. I am trained in aquapheresis and left ventricular assistive devices. I enjoy heart failure because I am able to teach the patients how they can avoid CHF exacerbations. I see alot of the same people coming and going and get to know my patients well and I am able to build relationships with them – more... and their families, so they trust me and my knowledge. I hope that I can continue to teach and be an advocate for my patients and their families. I feel that teaching patients can prevent health care problems in the future. – less
fun work place
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Abington, PAMay 7, 2013
very friendly environment.
all of the staff took time out to teach the students and ensured that we were learning the entire time we were on the unit.
fun work place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Abington, PAApril 10, 2013
Pros: lunches for birthdays etc.
Cons: short breaks
very friendly work place, the people are very kind and helpful ,and i enjoy working with my co-workers my days always go pretty good, i learn different things everyday. the hardest park of my job is when we are short of staff. the most enjoyable part of the job is the people, the management team are great my co-workers are so fun to be around.. my job – more... at Abington is wonderful i love it... – less
Productive, high energy and bonded workplace
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAApril 4, 2013
Pros: welcoming office team
Cons: the position was only temporary
Abington Memorial Hospital was a great place to work. My co-workers, surgeons, patients and manager were all wonderful people that I had the chance to get to know and become a part of their great team. I was working in Neurosurgery at Abington Memorial Hospital branch on Maryland Road and it was a spectacular location to be at. I learned about workmans – more... compensation and Neuosurgery as a whole. Transciption was a major part of day as well as retreiving request for documents, following through the request, billing the requestor amongt filling in on other duties/assignments for staff. The hardest part of that job was just trying not to like it so much, I enjoyed every aspect of that position and workplace. – less
Culture of learning
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Abington, PAMarch 21, 2013
Life experience has taught me that what else lies out there isn't always what you think it is! This hospital has a culture of learning with a multidisciplinary team format to ensure patient safety and the use of multiple skill sets from all levels of expertise.