Abington Memorial Hospital

Abington Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

great place to work
Clinical Nutrition Manger / Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee), Abington, PAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: teaching hospital
Cons: long commute
AMH allowed for growth in all skill sets including clinical and management.
Exposed to different client population
Staff RN (Former Employee), Abington, PAJanuary 12, 2014
Receive nursing report, provide medications and assessments to clients. Assist clients to get to therapies. Any additional medications, admissions and discharges. Fellow RN's were excellent and would help if needed.

Hardest part of the job was there was always a low census and I was not working on the unit I was hired for. I learned some things about – more... areas of nursing I was unfamiliar with (for example would get pulled to Oncology) Nursing assistants would disappear.

Most enjoyable were colleagues and caring for patients. – less
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Abington, PAJanuary 11, 2014
Very nice company to work for but I was a traveling medical assistant which became very difficult after the birth of my son that has disabilities.
Nice Place to Work
Clerical Systems Coordinator (Former Employee), Abington, PaJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Handling All registration and verification of patient information. Customer Service, ensuring results are prepared for Doctors in a timely matter. Calling in Stat reports. Handling all clerical functions in the Cat / Scan /IPU departments.
Productive work place
Hostess (Current Employee), Abington, PAJanuary 3, 2014
Able to get work done in a timely fashion

Mangement works with their workers in order to have a reasonable schedule.
productive environment
Administrative Assistant, Dept of Nursing (Former Employee), Abington, PADecember 25, 2013
Pros: on-site cafeteria
Cons: n/a
great people / fast-paced environment / diverse group of co-workers
MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Abington, PADecember 17, 2013
My co-workers are very nice to work with. I can rely on them for assistance when needed.
Learning Opprotunity
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Abington, PADecember 14, 2013
Working for this facility I was able to learn and experience a large number of things that helped my future.
Its a ok place to work
Clinical Associate (Current Employee), Abington, PANovember 20, 2013
Pros: they pay is cool
Cons: they only advance caucasians
Its hard being black trying to move up they only advance caucasians, and when you apply you have stalk hr and apply for years just to be seen or heard. I really regret working in this Hospital its not worth the time.
want to work your butt off and feel unappreciated?? Work here
Emergency Room Administration Assistant (Current Employee), Abington, PaNovember 11, 2013
Pros: atleast its a job
Cons: bad payrate, over-worker and unappreciated
In the ER as an AA your are often disrespected by docs, nurses and administration, there is no room for growth, your micro managed by UNDER qualified leaders, over worked and under staffed and UNDER PAID. You often feel lied to or bambozzled. You will feel like your in a kill or be killed very hostile environment. The pay sucks for the amount of work – more... your responsible for. Office management is very COLD, rude, disrespectful, unappreciative and rarely supports staff. Its way too much bickering going on amongst co workers, management makes it almost impossible to take time off of work to enjoy life and dare not speak up or YOU WILL get RETALIATED against. That place has alot of problems that people are afraid to speak up about in fear. Im completely disappointed in this place, this dept is not a great place to work. Find somewhere else to work unless your in desperate need!! Honesty for once! 1thing positive about this place in this position is you are cross-trained for 3 different roles (no pay difference) that you use daily/weekly so if you work here you can work almost anywhere! AA role has the highest turn over rate, they cant keep a steady staff or schedule its ridiculous and Average life span of a secretary is 3months before seeking other employment opportunities. Its alot more but i dont have enough characters! Tread lightly with this place – less
Great
MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Abington, PaNovember 9, 2013
Excellent Facility, Great Benefits, Fun and Friendly people to work with. inpatients and out patience
great, productive
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Lansdale, PAOctober 31, 2013
Great learning enviornment. I'm a nursing student and got a job there as a nurses aide and I loved it. everyone extremely nice and helpful and the patients are great. also they hire most of their nurse aides as nurses once they graduate nursing school.
My co-workers where the best out of the whole job.
Clinical Associate (Former Employee), Abington, PAOctober 17, 2013
Hard place to work. Always short staff which made the job harder.My co- workers were the best, we tried to work together as much as we could in order make the work place a little easier. Management never notice good workers and never gave their staff a thumbs up for the awesome work.
Good place to work people were friendly.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Abington, PAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: comp meals when work overnight
Cons: relying on public transportation while working late hrs
A typical day at work was very busy, intense, most times I had my work cut out for me, however, I was fulfilled in caring for others.
I learned that it doesn't matter how you feel when it come to the needs of a patient, they are sick and should be treated with compassion.
Management was overall empathetic.
My co-workers were reliable and helpful
The – more... hardest part of the job was doing a triple shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a smile of a patient, or satisfying the needs of a patient. – less
Clinical Associate, Cardio Vascular Unit (Current Employee), Abington PAOctober 8, 2013
A day at work consists of getting report from previous co workers. Together the nurses and Techs work together to take care of patients.
great computer programs including eclinical.
Abington Ob/Gyn (Current Employee), horsham, abington, warringtonOctober 5, 2013
interesting job, lots of friendly patients. a cultural diversity of employees, all warmly greeting more than 100 patients each day.
Worst Management I Ever Had
full time MOA at a internal medicine practice (Former Employee), Physician NetworkSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: patients are great, good benefits okay pay
Cons: management does not care about you. kill or be killed type of attitude. do as i say not as i do.
Management could care less about their employees. Speak up and you have a target on your back. they keep management in the family as well.
The patients were the best part of the job.
Great learning facility
Staff RN (Former Employee), Abington, PASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: flexible schedual
Cons: no overtime
Terrific team of practitioners. It was a pleasure working with excellence
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Abington, PAAugust 27, 2013
Great people and overall enjoyable organization to work for.
Poor senior leadership - only helpful to those they like on a personal level
Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Abington Memorial HospitalAugust 1, 2013
Pros: doctors and department management
Cons: physicians network leadership
A do as I say not as I do atmosphere
Senior Leadership in the Physicians Network are not nice to staff.
They are not supportive.
They say one thing and do something else.

About Abington Memorial Hospital

Abington Memorial Hospital (AMH) is a 665-bed, regional referral center and teaching hospital, which has been providing comprehensive, – Read more