ABIOMED Employee Reviews

Fun Place to Work
Supply Chain Manufacturing Coop (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 20, 2016
Management is Nice.
Lots Of Exposure .
Co- workers are nice.
Very positive environment.
Challenging Environment
Exposure to senior Management
Team Building Exercises are fun
great work place with good breakfast
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 17, 2016
it's a very good company, I worked here for 6 months and I really feel that i am part of Abiomed. the hardest part for this job is to test through the protocols, it takes few days to finished. but you have to retest all after the changes in the protocol.
Abiomed is a very different kind of company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 9, 2016
Most employees at Abiomed feel passionate about the company mission and purpose.

The products save lives, literally. To meet patients who are alive because of the products, and to hear their stories, gives me a purpose I have never experienced. It's completely odd to me.

The culture at Abiomed is one of respect and loyalty. Many people love working here so much, they are not even on LinkedIn! That is so bizarre to me. Managers really appreciate the extra effort employees make to help the company be successful.

My typical day goes by very quickly. I need to remember to eat lunch. Never a boring moment. This is always a good sign.

People who have a good attitude, and are willing to help anywhere anytime are the most successful. We are lucky to not have many complainers, which is a plus.

The first month I was here I was taught so much. My boss was very open to me attending the onsite training classes meant for other departments, as she knew it would make me a better employee.

Whenever I tell my friends about my job and what we make, they are interested and impressed. I have already referred a friend who has started and loves it here.

It's not perfect. We are doubling our space now in MA and in Germany, and with that comes challenges of where to put new employees before the new expanded office space opens and other challenges. Soon we will have a new caf, breakroom, office space, clean room and more, but until it is opened it is hard!

As a public company, we are often in the news, and our stock fluctuates with the market and with every quarter. Overall,
  more... our stock grew 137% which is cool since we have an employee stock purchase plan!

Mostly, the people I work with have the same work ethic, values and moral beliefs I do, which is important to me.
Pros
People, culture, strength of management team, openness to new ideas
Cons
It's crowded until new space opens up, co is definitely in transition with the growth
intersitn job
SW/Algorithm Engineer (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAMay 9, 2015
design, develop and implement complex algorithms.
Also involved in reviewing V&V test design review.
Overall enjoyable place to work.
Results driven environment with a patient focus
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 18, 2014
Coworkers are enthusiastic and increasingly dedicated to patient safety and device quality.
Inovative product
supply chain (Former Employee) –  massachussettsApril 2, 2013
Not a healthy place
expectation of Long hours, no balance in life

the product and the companies commitment to the patient is what keeps people there
Pros
the product and commitment to the patient
Cons
management
Assistant to Executive Assistant to CEO
Administrative Assistant/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 6, 2013
Everyday; duties as assigned.
Ordering lunches for meetings
Mailing out packages
Sorting Mail for Executive Assistant
Pros
close to home
Cons
no growth
Biomedical device company specializing in artificial hearts
Biomedical Internship Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 27, 2012
An innovative and productive company that has produced the first ever FDA approved, fully implantable, artificial heart.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABIOMED. Our community is ready to answer.

ABIOMED Reviews by Location