ABM Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,099 reviews matching the search
horrible workplace and very unsafe
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 22, 2017
management is mediocre there is no real leadership. I was assaulted while on the jobs premises and put in a very unsafe situation. the pay is horrible.
benefits
Productive work place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Best place to work at everyone there has a positive attitude it's an enjoyable place to be this company taught me a lot and gave me great skills there is nothing I didnt like about this company
Very unorganized.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INFebruary 22, 2017
Not a healthy or safe place ( Lead and Zinc exposure ) Management has no clue of what there doing. 90% of overtime is from not having the materials to produce there product.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Overtime
very mixed experience
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
I can't speak for all of ABM, but my managers are very understanding, in general. I've gone through a lot of changes and roadblocks throughout my years as an employee and they've been supportive.
Flexible scheduling
Decent benefits that carry over even if you leave the company
Family Business
Area Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2017
Considering that this was a family business, I still had to work like an outsider. I found that to be very helpful in the long run. This job helped mode me for future janitorial positions in which I have applied and worked.
Stressed me out
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 21, 2017
Worked for ABM and they treated us like trash. The supervisor was not on site and the job would not get done on time. I was always rushed because i had to do the job by myself and had no help. I walked out because it was unfair.
Productive and fun work place
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 20, 2017
I loved work with everyone including managers they are very nice I had a great experience working I thank them for giving me the opportunity to work for them.
It was a fun job.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I learned how use equipment and supply prepare cleaning solutions there was nothing hard about it my boss was very good to me and I enjoy that and my work .
Poor
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 15, 2017
Very unorganized want to make things harder than it needs to be.Never know who is in charge .Just a bunch of paper pushers to cover up they don't know what they are doing .
Pros
Free coats
good work in environment
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAFebruary 15, 2017
learned different things everyday management was very professional an I enjoyed working there everyday never had any problems if I had questions everyone was more then helpful to help an show me step by step
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks

Want to know more about ABM Industries, Inc.?

Ask a question
workplace with a lot of oportunities and a family enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 15, 2017
my experience with ABM was amazing they treat me like a family member not like an employee. I learned how to work in a safe and secure environment plus enjoyed when I was working because I learned how to handle a lot of responsibilities and how to determine and find a solution to any single complain or situation in a professional and safe way. the hardest part of the job is really nothing because it was always fun and an a learning moment. the most enjoyable part of the job is the team effort and the safe environment that the company offer. Thanks ABM for that amazing experience that I had working for you all.
Fun and easy to work
Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma County, OKFebruary 15, 2017
Since the management has changed, its a lot less drama free. Working there is pretty much like everyone becomes your family. Everyone will help out when needed and we all became friends.
Pros
Friendly, no weekend, good pay, easy job.
Cons
Working evenings
it was a good company
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 15, 2017
ABM is overall a good company to work for the pay was average and the staff was nice i think my only issue with this company is that they don't stand up for their employees against property managers that are unfair to some people
I enjoyed working along side of my collegues but not being stick by myself at night in an unsafe environment.
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, South CarolinaFebruary 13, 2017
The job security and management could be alot better. The job hours and numbers of employees working at one time needs to change. The management team should be replace with people who care about your safety and supply 24 hour security.
Pros
Good fellow employees
Cons
Unsafe environment and poor management
its a hard working place
ABM (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2017
i'm working part time , i come in to work clock in pull all the trash. when i get done with that i clean the bathroom then vacuum, then i'm done. the end
Cons
no lunch time
Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2017
Upper Management needs more improvement on being better examples for the rest of the team. They have very high expectations but provide very little resources for you to master their high expectations.
Pros
paid luch
Cons
No PTO no Vacation as being Upper Management
Productive and fun assisting passengers
Passenger Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAFebruary 13, 2017
It was good I got large tips sometimes and it was steady not fast paced. You would assist them with a wheelchair to their destination
Pros
Free time, overtime
Cons
Low pay
Good if you prefer to work alone
Building Custodian (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85714February 13, 2017
I like that it is evening shift so I work by myself the whole time. There is a lot of work to do and nothing to get in the way of doing it.

I don't care for the administrator at the office. Her communication skills are poor in that she told the client of my start date before consulting with me.
No longer in business
Payroll and Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 12, 2017
ABM Security Services was changed to ABM Industries, and has since then been purchased by Universal Protection Services.
long days but good pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 10, 2017
very busy good company pays well- a lot of turnover though caz of strenuous work and nonstop could pay more for the amount of work given to complete
Pros
good pay
Cons
long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABM Industries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval