ABM Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,796 reviews matching the search
Productive Workplace
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work was good. I learned to work well with others and my coworkers were good. The job was not that hard, I found it simple and easy.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
N/A
had fun working here
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYApril 26, 2016
i worked 3rd shift at this job everything went well had to fill in a lot for call in's always had hours i needed and was always able to pay my bills working here
Pros
great owner
Cons
lots of call in from other Employees
Company seems careless and unattentive to security officers.
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2016
Management communication needs improvement, employee recognition/ insentives. Employee database to track personal information with the company such as a "Paycom" database for there employees.
Pros
Grateful I was able to maintain my position with the company
Cons
HIgh turnover rate, no feed back from management or
Great company
HVAC Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 26, 2016
Great company for learning and advancing skills. Great team and great management. Increases knowledge and talent. Awesome place to work...
Great workplace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2016
My day started at 8am and ended at 5. Between that time i stayed busy, my coworkers were friendly and productive. The hardest part of my job was pushing a trash been up the hill in the wind. I enjoy cleaning and working with my hands so ABM was a good fit.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short breaks
A job is a job, not the greatest
Facilities Maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 22, 2016
Not the best place I've ever worked. The work is hard and pays minimum wage. Housekeepin is a nightmare. I woild not work here again if you have options.
light work task, easy procedures
Concierge Security (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19103April 22, 2016
A day at work will consist of escorting visitors to the proper suite, locking doors at proper times. You have a work station that accommodates all your work needs. If an accident does happen or there is an emergency you will follow procedures and resolve the situation.
Pros
the work station(eqiupment)
Cons
no breaks
It was a nice clean place to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 21, 2016
The place wasa nice place to work for i learn a lot from them i made al lots of free movie tickets by finding theft in buckets where people was trying to steal camera it was a fun place.
got certified for forklift and palletlift driving
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 21, 2016
worked at kraft foods for abm janitorial was certified for forklift and palletlift great job great people to work for and with love this type of job had a sudden death in family and had to move
Pros
great job
Checked on by United Postal Police
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2016
Would like to work without the Postal Police spying on the guards.
Company doesn't offer anything like benefits. Only thing good about
the position is listening to the radio. Didn't care about the half hour at end of shift when we are on an 8 hr shift.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Have to take lunch and breaks according to schedule
Competitive and challenging Work Enviroment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2016
Packing several varieties of bread continuously while maintaining the quality of the product before it is shipped out to the consumers, I have learned to be very meticulous in all areas of the job, management is fair,,and the co-workers are okay but the hardest part of the job is the long hours that are put in on a daily basis,the most enjoyable part of this job is the positive minded employees who are driven with a team work value and strive for excellence!
Pros
Free Product
Cons
Short Breaks
Horrible!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2016
They don't care if you have family, your safety, all they want is there money. I was told to work an 8 hr shift then right after told to go and work at another spot for another 8 hours and come back 8 hrs later to work a 12 hour shift. Would not send a single person to this company!
Pros
NOTHING!
Cons
Good company to work for
Building Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
Repairing fixtures and equipment
• Performing routine maintenance
• Performing cleaning duties
• Miscellaneous duties
Company lacks management , run poorly
Senior Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2016
Company showed no interest in their employee's , would do little to no training , no support . A toxic environment . Would have to say my co-workers were great and that is what helped to keep the team together and things running as well as they did.
Pros
pay check
Cons
upper management
Bad management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2016
My co-workers were friendly and easy to work with, but there was a consistant change of management which made it hard to build a working relationship with management .
Productive and fun workplace very self-centered
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 19, 2016
Working with ABM was a very pleasant experience. The people there were very nice and helpful. We all got along very well didn't have any altercations.
Learned security functions
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2016
Security Patrol for large Management Company. Learned different aspects of the Woodlands area and security patrol. Worked with little supervision. Worked independent of any co-workers. Night hours were a little difficult. A lot of freedom.
Pros
Able to do job without being bothered
Cons
No benefits
terrible peers terrible management
deals with their bull (Current Employee) –  floridaApril 18, 2016
This company is horrible, pay is low and management will hire any convicted felon regardless of their crimes because they can't keep anyone for any amount of time. I have been working with a man who stabbed another man, a ex meth dealer, robbers ect. They aren't afraid to tell you and a quick online search confirms. Pay is super low for the area, a few illegal aliens also working with me, got injured on the job and now management is super mean and trying to fire me. Human resource people are even mean angry people, no one wants to do their job from employees to management. Health care is garbage, can't get a paid vacation untill after two years of working for them, and no sick time. Please if you value your sanity and desire a nice life stay away from these criminals who hire their own ilk.
Pros
Cons
everything
Challenging and exciting work enviroment
General Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Hartsfield - Jackson International AirportApril 18, 2016
My work day starts at 7am, and there is an immediate busyness.
There is always a need to be flexible, and creates a need to know more than one job responsibility. You are the face of the airport, and the City of Atlanta, and a first-line source of information and direction.
Management is helpful and coworkers are supportive. the hardest part of the day are the peak hours and are often the most enjoyable.
Pros
Customer contact
Cons
wages and benefits
Cleaner
Intern (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 17, 2016
I did day to day cleaning it was boring but got the job done one thing i can say im a very dedicated worker and i do not slack off im on time and make sure i get the job done
Pros
Im a quick learner and im very good with people to people skills
Cons
Not to good at self learning