ABM Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to learn to better your skills
Lead Concierge (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 22, 2017
Productive and fun workplace with opportunity to grown within in the company. I recommend this company to anyone willing to strive to be their best. Thank you.
okay place to work if you have no life
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  411 E Wisconsin Ave #505, Milwaukee, WI 53202November 21, 2017
the thing about this company you can not chose your place of work so they just throw you anywhere you may be stranded at odd times of the night sometimes they may give you a ride
Pros
n/a
Cons
place you where ever they want
Idk
Parking valet manager assistant (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYNovember 20, 2017
For the hassel to get in its not a big deal . But overall a easy job for the mean while till aomething better comes along . Co workers are great and some supervisors aswell
Company out of business in security field
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 20, 2017
Worked for this company twice in same area
Charged for cleaning uniforms
Account managers were friendly
Really worked with officers if any issues
Hardest part was not receiving enough pay
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Paying for uniforms to be cleaned
Nice customers
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2017
I've worked for ABM for four years I really like my customers they're all so nice, sweet and supportive. You work at your own pace and basically make your own schedule, overall it isn't a bad job. This is good for a first time job, a job to get you to the next job this isn't a job you should think of as a career. They don't pay well, I've never received a raise since I've worked for them, the managers are very unprofessional, they're benefits suck. No paid vacation, no anything really I've been here so long because it does pay the bills, this job is at a standstill and the cost.of living is still going up. If these qualities work for you this is the job for you. Good luck.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
No paid vacation, no piad lunch, no raise
Good for starting over in a new industry
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2017
A good job especially if you are starting over in a new industry. Management was not the most professional but the people were friendly. Benefits not competitive.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Great place to work,paid good,great working enviroment.Che checks was on time and correct.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 18, 2017
Enjoy the Abm experience,it's exciting and benefits are great..They had great job site to work at.I would recommend this job to anyone.Weekly pay with opportunities to grow.
I liked working at ABM.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  downtown CincinnatiNovember 18, 2017
I Had a Good time while I worked there. I worked everyday, My co-worker liked me. I was a Good worker. People would make you mad but you would have to just deal with it.
Job Not to my standard
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CANovember 18, 2017
Abm does not meet my standard, And would refer it to anyone.When i first started there was no organization from managers on down to supervisors And shift Leaders.
It wasn’t a bad job but it wasn’t also a good job to me .
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2017
There were a lot of difficulties for me and the pay rate was just not enough not to mention I was training other people to clean gates and still being treated wrong I just couldn’t handle the atmosphere when it rains the break room that we ate our lunch in would be flooded that’s not how you do humans that hustle and bustle for less than 300 hundred a week is not fair.
Pros
The coworkers was nice sometimes and it was good days.
not fun to work at
On-Site Building Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2017
overwhelming ,over worked, favorite circles, not fair in work detail, last in, first out. turns your life inside out overnight without warning. don't listen to their employees or care about them.
This is a good company that could use some improvement.
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2017
ABM is a good place to work and they offer good benefits. The work environment is competitive . They have a lot of locations to work, however the pay fluctuates from location to location. Checking your hours and getting your pay stubs is difficult. Managers don;t return your calls or inquiries. Finding a steady location to work is also a problem, floating is difficult because you never know where you will work from week to week.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Finding full time work.
Branch Manager was very flexible with my work hours
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 15, 2017
Enjoyed working with ABM employees, and liked my job position. It was a busy office setting, in which I enjoyed. The Branch Manager was flexible with my work hours, so it was nice to enjoy scheduled time off.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
healthcare
great for part time work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  McLeansville, NCNovember 15, 2017
Not a bad company but no job advancements. its contract work, contracts dont last long. There are no pay increase and overtime is not allowed in these type of companies.
very productive
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 15, 2017
the hours are unpredictable the managers are nice your well paid but the health insurance isn't good. and its a very dusty environment but over all an ok place to work
Diversified place to work and potentially advance
Unaccompanied Minors Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXNovember 15, 2017
Fun place to work yet can be stressful at times. I was under ABM aviation so we worked in conjunction with American Airlines at DFW airport. Company pay was no the best
It was productive
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean/wheaton MallNovember 15, 2017
I was working as project manager management 12 properties with more at 40 employers scheduling employees,maintain relationship with onsite properties managers to ensure quality and contract compliance. Also, I was ensure timekeeping reports were accurate.
I was a good experience.
Job Summary
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 15, 2017
Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish presence
Monitor and authorize entrance of vehicles or people in the property
Remove wrongdoers or trespassers from the area
Secure all exits, doors and windows after end of operations
Check surveillance cameras periodically to identify disruptions or unlawful acts
Investigate people for suspicious activity or possessions
Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation
Provide assistance to people in need
Apprehend and detain perpetrators according to legal protocol before arrival of authorities
Submit reports of daily surveillance activity and important occurrences
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Free Break
Productive and Dynamic Environment
LEAD/QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 14, 2017
At ABM work was balanced and very dynamic. There was always work to do and work to be done. I learned how to work in an administrative role, perform human resource duties, budget, supply ordering and inventory. The workplace culture was amiable and easy to get along with everybody. The most enjoyable of the aspect was being able to use a company vehicle to explore other areas around the city, county and state. The hardest part of the job was making sure employees for our sites were up to par and cooperative with the company's mission. Overall working with clients was enjoyable as well by buidling a rapport and relationship.
Pros
Clock in system is by cellphone or telephone, overtime if needed, driving to different areas.
Cons
Making sure employees kept areas clean and up to standard.
day at work
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2017
my job be ok cuz I love to get done on time.i love to meet new people I love working around people like me.whe the job need to get done myteam can do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABM Industries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.