ABM Industries, Inc.

ABM Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

DON'T DO IT
Protrol/maintenance (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIMay 24, 2015
Worst job ever..... Alway cleaning after lazy people that alway throwing their cigarettes butt and trash on the floor. People from Kelloggs are rude. ALWAYS walking and you only get paid 8.75...... Smh..... The boss don't care about you, they want you to do protrol even when it's thundering and lighting outside.
Run by bullies
Housekeeper (Former Employee), WyomingMay 8, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Bullies in management
ABM is run by bullies. I was doing well until a new supervisor came on and sabatoged me. Please do not work for this company.
worst hob every
janitorial (Current Employee), dallasMay 6, 2015
Make me clean 14 floors 2 bathrooms in each and just get pay 7.50 and they expect me to clean all the floors perfect in 4 hours
Not a fun place to work
Contractor: Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 27, 2015
Pros: lots of free food is brought in
extreme mirco-managing enviroment
little opportunity for advancement
old technology
boring and repetitive work
constantly fixing and cleaning up messes instead of increasing efficiency
hands down the worst place to work
guard (Former Employee), FortMorgan, COApril 9, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: one 15 min break in an 8 hour shift, treat you like trash
I was there 1 day and they treat all of the new employees and customers like absolute trash. If I could leave a zero star response I would.
Not a clue
chef (Current Employee), IndianaApril 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: so lack of Corp support
This company is lead by upper management who just want a puppet or a yes man. Your opinion does not matter. Does not give client any direction. They collect a fee, could not run a profit and loss account if there lives depended on it.
Dont work for ABM ,horrible company,horrible managements
Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus,OhioApril 7, 2015
I work for ABM for a year ,as a supervisor ,I was not trained. And immediately I would receive blame for issues I had no training on. The upper management could care less about how you are doing you are to sink or swim. .The job description did not list certain tasks in what is my responsibilities ,just a awful company ,As long as its quiet you wont see anyone to check on you ,the moment that theres issues you have a lot of upper management joining you and blaming you for them to have to come out. thiers no pros for ABM ONLY NEGATIVE!!!!
not bad
janitorial (Current Employee), pittsburgh, paMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great manager and work alone
Cons: no vacation or paid time off
I think it depends the area you are in because my manager is great now after they went through a few at first but no vacation time
Horrible company
security g6 (Former Employee), Dubois, PAMarch 11, 2015
Cons: long hours, no pay or vacation time
I was let go for a mistake. Yet someone else made same mistake and nothing happened. Management sucks and who they put in charge are not qualified. T g end when requests are made they are denied for no real reason what so ever. Lied to from the start.
worse place to work for
shift supervisor (Former Employee), Sidney ohioMarch 4, 2015
Cons: the job as a whole
They undercut your pay. Supervisors make way under then they should. Management is untrained and unprofessional. They take over sites without any knowledge on what's going on.
WORST PLACE TO WORK @ PERIOD!!!!!
hvac tech (Former Employee), sanford, flFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: hope company shut's down.
Cons: everything. ...evil company..
I HAVE NEVER MET SO MANY INCOMPETENT/ 2-FACE MANAGER'S IN MY LIFE.
THEY DON'T GIVE ONE CARE ABOUT YOU & WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING RID OF YOU FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHAT SO EVER....
ALL THE PEOPLE THAT POSTED THOSE REVIEWS ON THIS PAGE ARE 110'/, RIGHT.DON'T WORK FOR THIS EVIL COMPANY, YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!
Kept getting screwed over whole time I was there (almost 4 yrs)
Cleaning/maintenance (Former Employee), DeKalb Oadis/Sycamore NicorFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: some of the coworkers are friendly & actually do their job
Cons: everything
They dont always pay you for the hrs you worked, they will pay you for less. They seem to favor women more but if somebody else has been there longer than you its everybody against you, they can do no wrong even if they not even working. Complain about a coworker not doing their job and nothing gets done about it just a simple "I'll talk to them". Ask for more supplies or ask for specific supplies needed & u will get the wrong type or too much of one unneeded object & less required, or it would take months for you to get the supplies period. One time all I asked for was toilet seat covers, that's it just seat covers!! It took over 3 months & constant calls to the building supervisor before I went to a higher up Nicor worker (that's who contracted us) did I finally get the seat covers & they ended up being completely different from what was used before. Before getting transferred to Nicor building I was @ the DeKalb Oasis on 88. I was given a vacation after the first yr like anyplace else, but then I transferred to the Nicor building. I was told I could have a vacation & during that time it would be around my 3 yr mark. I took one week off instead of the two I was told I was allowed. The first check came after getting back but no vacation hrs, I called the building supervisor asking if my paid vacation would be on the next check or if it would come seperatley and guess what? Apparently I wasn't allowed a vacation!! He said because I transferred from the oasis to Nicor I lost any seniority I previously had so I couldn't take a paid vacation even tho I was with the same company. – more... Nobody even told me till after I took the time off, if I had known that would happen I never would've taken the time off! I couldn't afford it with the bills @ home I was expecting the paid vacation to help pay rent that month, but instead I ended up being short!! Complete bull! I was working for ABM almost 4 yrs & just got fired on complete bull. Every morn I needed to take my boyfriend to work since we couldn't afford another car yet. I told my building supervisor I would be coming in alittle late & since his hrs changed there was no set time I knew I would get to work. No matter what I stayed the amount of hrs I was getting paid for & finished my duties & more before leaving & none of the people in the contracted building I was in cared as long as the work got done. Anyways recently I got accused of a no call no show when my building supervisor got to the building I was in & couldn't find me for an hr even tho I was helping a few secretaries clean out a big back storage room around that time so wasn't in the main areas I normally work, got fired later that day. Complete bs right? I think so too. But I really don't care I'm free, FREE! Don't bother with ABM I'm sure there are other cleaning companies out there that will treat you waaay better. – less
Bad Risk: Dont Do It!
Big dummy (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: cool people at the location where i work
Cons: lazy management, rude site supervisor, no communication
ABM will hire you but never support you. Its like if u have a problem u better stand up for yourself. The management is terrible, no company support, no benefits...just ridiculous.
They pay pennies & kiss up to the site management but never have what their cleaners need to get the job done.
will not pay you. will leave you stuck at work
security (Current Employee), NJFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good co workers
Cons: pay. no health insurance, management is incompetent
When they make mistakes on your pay they take their sweet time getting it to you. Its been months and multiple people are STILL WAITING for money since Thanksgiving. They make you fill out the same paper over and over about your missing hours. Management is incompetent. Left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing. People call out last minute and management will do nothing but say figure it out or your stuck there, regardless of needing to pick your kids up or working another job. Meanwhile the people who call out last minute dont even get so much as a write up. Health insurance is a joke not even worth having. Overall this company doesnt care about its employees and they make it obvious. Keep looking for another job
Worst Job I Ever Had
Valet (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Cons: all
I worked as a valet at a hospital. I was regularly told that I wasn't allowed to go inside in the freezing cold or scorching heat. Management is a joke and after 4 years of service I was even interviewed for a site management position and was passed over for someone less qualified but because she was a bartender at a place where my District Manager and Site Supervisor frequented, she was hired. I worked 8 hours a day and was belittled and yelled at by people who knew less about my job than I did. Never accept a job from this company unless its a last resort.
worse job ever!
warehouse clerk (Former Employee), Stockton caFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
By far the most horrible company I've ever worked for. Please take everyone's advice and do not work for this company. Was laid off after I asked for a raise.
the most stupid people i have ever met
floor cleaner (Current Employee), goodyear azJanuary 27, 2015
The people in charge do not kave any idea what is happening, they think that they tell you what to do whithout knowing what needs to be done.. it is a macho experence working for abm. you have to stand up for your rights. example, doctors excuse for an appointment. I have not met a manager or hr manager that is qualified for their job. they only want to object..if you want to work for abm you will lose. they only hire losers for management.
Worst company I've ever worked for
Janitor (Former Employee), Vancouver waJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Just check out all the other reviews. There s nothing positive about working for this company. They overwork and underpay you. They will do whatever possible to deny you advancement and benefits. Management is mean and unprofessional. They're basically bullies. I found a better job and got out of there as soon as I could. I would rather be unemployed and live on the street then work for ABM again.
poor management, poor pay, poor team attitude.
Cashier (Former Employee), Tucson, AZ 85701December 22, 2014
Cons: everything
This company is by far the biggest joke, the manager at this location is the laziest person I've ever met. Who meets goals and get things job with the help of everyone else around her. Being a salary paid manager you'd think that she'd be willing to stay, help, or cover shifts when needed but that's not the case. The woman is paid to work from 8-4 or 9-5 and on a good day at max is there maybe a solid 3 to four hours. Being a cashier my duties where to handle cash and assist monthly customers, however that become me doing all daily deposits, D.R forms, cash apps, and adding/deleting clients from the computer. I wasn't offered a raise to do these extra task and I was never thanked for them either. It became expected for me to do things that were unrelated to mt job such as taking her personal mail to the post office and so on, I can only hope that the company will do something about the lack of responsibility and the management stlye of the this location.
Two thumbs down.
Janitor (Former Employee), Waterloo, IADecember 18, 2014
Cons: management and the lies they tell
If you want to work for a company where there is no room for advancement and you are underpaid for the work that you do, this is the place. They are like politicians, they tell you what you want to hear and once they have you, they lie and treat you like a second class citizen.

1 2 3

About ABM Industries, Inc.

ABM (NYSE:ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $5.0 billion and 118,000 employees in – Read more

ABM Industries, Inc. Salaries