ABM Janitorial Services Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Day Porter Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 27, 2015
Good company to work for. Good management, great co-workers. A typical day is provide high level of customer service. There is a lot of variety in what I do each day
Cons
no benefits
good place to work
Porter/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2015
ABM is a big cleaning company in NY that help me grow as a man leaned great responsibility in working in the big city!! working in the big apple is very challanging up and down in eleavors
Pros
great christmas bonus
Cons
working in manhatten
Great Place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 18, 2015
Management is supportive and works well with the support staff. The atmosphere is relaxed, but still focused on completing tasks and projects. I have enjoyed my colleagues and getting to know them. The office has become crowded since we relocated office locations.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, healthy snacks
Productive work environment
ENVIROMENTAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 14, 2015
Worked with pleasant coworkers. Completed team projects in a timely fashion. Managers were friendly and approachable.
Very productive and respectable place to work and everyone gets treated equally.
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2015
I have learned how to work with older people that was much older and wiser and more mature then myself. The management staff was real cool but still got the job done. My co-workers was real cool professional and very respectable at all times. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the ignorance of some customers and less fortunate. The most enjoyable part of the was when the shift ended and it was time to go home.
Pros
pizza party, hoagie lunches, long breaks, nice cigarette breaks, good time to use your phone to contact family, store runs if neccesary
Cons
short breaks strict timing at times
This was an inbetween job.
Building Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 8, 2015
This was a part time in between jobs situation. No benefits or paid time off. And although I also job good review never received a raise after two and a half years of employment.
productive and great work place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 4, 2015
Fun work place with helpful supportive co-workers and managment. They are all about the customers happiness and well being which is wonderful. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to just work and watch the happy customers around me.
pay ever week
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAOctober 27, 2015
slavery at the airport, high turnover rate, this is a job for old people wanting to stay busy for 8 hours,more words more words more words
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
pay not worth sanitation
Working at ABM in Anchorage
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 21, 2015
the company is very professional, deep in detail and also on point when it comes to rules and regulations. I would work for them again if i could.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Loved the people that I worked with
Cleaning, Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Albion, MIOctober 14, 2015
This job was nice third shift. Cleaning Albion collage for the summer. I went to each building cleaning making sure every thing was clean and in order. Management was not the best but it also wasnt the worst.
Pros
Working on your own
Cons
No health care
working by myself
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 12, 2015
Management was very poor. I did very well in this company received a promotion with than 6 months but management with supervisors was no help.
Pros
working alone
Cons
GoodJob but needs better pay and benefits
Commercial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Garden City, GAOctober 6, 2015
My day would consist of taking out trash,dusting,mopping,vacuuming,greeting customers and employees and cleaning bathrooms. I have learned to complete my work and make sure the customer is satisfied with the work I have done. My co-workers are great their easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is coming at work at night because I can't see my daughter in the day or at night. The enjoyable part is speaking to other employees at the job.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
No benefits, such as sick leave or pay raises
Best first job i ever had
ABM Industries (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, OROctober 6, 2015
Have bin trying to get my friends to find a job in the ABM company.
ABM has bin a good first job for me and my twin brother I built my car from all the work I have done since I have bin working with ABM.
Pros
good people all around
Cons
i work a lot at night
Worse job ever
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 2, 2015
When i started working there it first started great but then they started messing up my hours and they didnt want to pay me for my hours worked and they took money from my checks and we never got pay stubs. worse job ever so i quit
Cons
they messup on hours and they blame it on the employees and they dont help out with nothing
warm environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2015
I worked for this company for years. As I was a student, they were very flexible with my hours of work. As long I did my job they won't bother me. I really enjoy working here but no benefits.
i did cleaning of office's
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 22, 2015
I worked at a hospital cleaning floors (rooms) (hallways) and mess-ups that happened I learned how to work around sick people and management would come to check up on me I had no co-workers with me and I hated do the work the night shift didn't do
Provides steady pay checks
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 20, 2015
My days go very fast doing several tasks around the plant. I found that I work well by myself and as a team. My supervisor pretty much leaves me alone and treats me like an adult!
Pros
steady work
Cons
they do not give raises on a regular basis
No advancement
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaSeptember 6, 2015
This company don't have anything to offer. You would only get a pay check, no vacation, no pay raise. I work 9 years for this company and at the beginning it was a promising company but with the years everything changed now they just use their employees.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
No insentives, no advancement, no vacation.
abm review
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 29, 2015
I worked at abm because the hours fit in with my other job and th pay was good and it was union. The management was fair some of the people became difficult to work with and my health started to break so I thought it was best to resign.
Pros
wages, hours, union
Cons
cut hours, it became tiresome because of my full time job.
Independent work with opportunities to assist and interact
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAAugust 26, 2015
Fun work place with the ability to help and learn about the janitorial business. Coworkers were nice and helpful when assistance was required. Everyone helped each-other get the job accomplished. At times it could be mundane, but that was to be expected once I became accustomed to the job.
Pros
Working independently and recieved discounts
Cons
Very busy during holidays and weekends