ABM On-Site Employee Reviews

nothing good to say
Janitor and Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 4, 2017
it is a very negative place to work for ,however I can't speak for the company as a whole. some workers smile in your face and stab you in the back!
Cons
always negitive feed back, nothing constructive to work with
To much favoritism...it's not what you know...it's who you know and if you kiss their a $ $ !!!!
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALDecember 2, 2017
The Vance location bad!!! P ???poor management and favoritism and a $ $ kissing run a muck!!! On sight management bad, this manager promoted a known s & × predator just because he was a brown noser and would follow managers orders even if and did break company rules on a regular basis!!!
Pros
If you work on the kitchen equipment you get free lunch.
Cons
Management, office personnel, and expected a $ $ kissing!
Pitiful and pathetic, don't ever try it.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 29, 2017
Little or no training. I worked at ABM and hired under the false pretense that I would be in charge of billing admin. Instead I was told I would really function as the HR and Payroll admin. Place has no billing software at all, and never contacted any vendors or presented any invoices to any of the dozens of vendors.
Archaic PC and everything is written on paper, even a simple PTO request.
Pros
Cons
Foul smelly property and people, very intrusive, not professional
great job
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CANovember 28, 2017
its always fun coming to this job. the people are great. the atmosphere is cool so you can enjoy the artist or sports people you might see or hear. i love it.
Nice place to work people where very nice
CLEAN OFFICES (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 28, 2017
The people where very nice to work with never had any problems the hours was what I was looking for then n now I would love to go back to work there I give this place a 10
Pros
Got out on time
working with elderly was great
Licensed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 20, 2017
speaking with residents, making apointments and seeing and reporting incidents timely to authorities while maintaining accurate records. opening gate and greeting all residents and visitors as well as making visitor passes and logging them.
hardest part of the job was when ambulance came for a resident.
most enjoyable part was being of service to retired veterans of our US military.
Pros
self directed job
Cons
working nights
fun workplace
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2017
a day at work at abm was good i loved working at the chicago board of trade,i learned a lot ,how to clean in a timely manner,management was on point they stay on you into you get it right,the hardest part of the job was when i first gat there trying to learn the building ,the most enjoyable part of the job was being there with the people i worked with.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short break
Working for ABM
Building manager / maintenance (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2017
A day started with a meeting with management. Then checking the work order priorities. Then starting to work the work orders. This job had priorities due to the weather.
Pros
on call 24/7
Hard work
Cleaning service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 22, 2017
Gota be able to do a lot of movement standing listening on time fast paced will to work crazy hours there are days u might not work u have call every to find out where you'll be placed something it's very far and if u don't have a car you have to travel by bus all they give time to get there but if late they take it off pay you have to call them wen u make it there and wen u leave they messed up the places I was supposed to be before And was on bus and I don't feel like if u are on Northside with no they should not give u places on Southside its to far
Pros
Meet alot of new people
Cons
Very tiring
Just another job.
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 19, 2017
It's just another job. Nothing special, nothing wrong with it. Most of the co-workers are ok to work with. I've learned a lot, although I'm just more into working in office environments. I"m too tall and big to fit in small spaces, such as ceiling spaces where HVACs are and end up banging myself up all the time. Job as maintenance engineer is mostly better for someone small that can crawl into small spaces.
Fun place to work but bad management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 10, 2017
It is fun place to work. You get to meet people from different races and also communicate with them and also taxi drivers. Team work is the main thing in any job.
Pros
Get tips sometimes
Cons
No lunches, no break
Abm
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 7, 2017
Abm is a good place to work and the managers are great workers and friendly people. Overall I enjoyed working here and I enjoyed the different places I went and things that I seen
Worst company in America!
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 6, 2017
Worked at the Golden 1 Center. The night manager drinks on the job and also does drugs. Cut everyone's hours to none. New faces every month. Nightmare
Pros
No Pros!
Cons
Everything!
productive relaxed night working indoors
Floor Technician SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 26, 2017
working for them was what was expected. Working in relaxed conditions and work where as tho you were performing in a team or alone. The overall management was ok it changed on what the client needed but things stayed as there were and still got done.
Nice to work at a productive company
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 25, 2017
Productive and nice environment easy to talk to people very productive with work hard working employees team players and happy environment to be there as well as a safe atmosphere
Pros
Employees incentives
Cons
Health care
Worse than Prison
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2017
If you have no other option is the only way you should work here. Nothing is appreciated, you will not get breaks except for lunch and even then you will get a hard time about it. They don't care about if anyone is cold or hot. The only way to advance with this company is to know someone high, they will hire under qualified people over qualified current employees if you have inside ties. There are no benefits....ALL bad.👎👎👎
Cons
ABM at mehoopany sucks don't try to work here
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mehoopany, PAJuly 11, 2017
Don't do it, there is favouritism out the wazu here, if you don't kiss butt you get singled out, plan on doing 3 people's worth of work and get yelled at for not getting done. Women you will get sexually harassed and nothing will happen about it
Would never work for them
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 8, 2017
Work at golden 1 center they will not pay you correct amount over night manager drinks on the job they will cut your hours so you don't get any benefits worst company to work for it's all about greed for that company
Pros
Cons
They treat there employees like trash
decent part time work, i enjoed it
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 14, 2017
doing janatorial work wasnt fun but it was worth it, bringing home decent pay with decent aprt-time hours, i had alot of fun. i worked with my cousin and we had a blast.
Fair to work with them!!!!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kensington, MDMay 30, 2017
I'm not working supervisor , payment was fair ,but the communication not so good , I resigned after a small inconvenience , but the way to manage the situation was not professional , that's why I said ,is not the place I need to stay , . That's why my resignation.
The manager on the location was awesome really educated ,and work really good with me. But the people on top her is a mess .... I can't say no more.
Pros
Health insurance, dental, others
Cons
N/a