ABM Parking Services Employee Reviews

good working enviroment just wasnt enough hours
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches and water, rain coat and hand warmers
Cons: the hours
i enjoyed working for abm very friendly just wish blaise would have gave me more hours. the travel wasnt bad they pay was good i like how they provided you with raincoats if it rains and that they have a little clothing line.
Active, fun
Team Member (Former Employee), Fairborn, OHAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Scheduling flexible
Cons: Tiring
At ABM I parked cars. It was productive and fun to do.. I liked the job very much. I would worked there again if offered no problem
Fun workplace
Valet (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2015
Pros: good tips
Cons: not enough hourly
Very fun job working with the customers. Running and receiving their vehicle's, and making sure the customer is satisfied. I had a lot of fun at this job.
Management was the worst
valet (Former Employee), huntington hospitalJuly 7, 2015
The job was great. I loved the two years i spent in abm. But Management especially the area manager at the time was pathetic.If it wasn't for that reason i would have stayed. If there a way to put zero stars i would put zero stars on management.
Enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunch on special occasions
Working here was great. My coworkers and my manager were so nice and easy to get along with. In downtime I was allowed to work on school related things.
Productive and efficient way of conducting business
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 27, 2015
Good company to work for. Leadership is strong and truly care about their customers and clients. Would recommend this company to others.
The customers were great but the minimum wage and sharing tips wasn't
Parking Valet (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 28, 2015
I enjoyed working for ABM as a Valet. I was offered a job closer to home for more money and I took advantage of that. It's very hard to be making minimum wage and have to travel one hour to work.
Good place to work.
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 13, 2015
I wanted to give the Rating area for Management 4 stars but that section would not highlight for four stars.

ABM Parking Services is a productive fun workplace with some very good knowledgeable employees
There is always work to be done.
Cashier / Maintenance (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2015
Customer Service is always a plus and when needed I cashier a booth or clean the parking garage. Currently I valet cars for the company.
Diverse Workforce which strives to work as a Team.
General Manager, Operations (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2014
ABM has transitioned this operation for Tampa International Airport beginning in May 2013. Hillsborough County Aviation Authority is very pleased with the policies and procedures implement by ABM Parking Services.

Airline Employees comment on a very timely and professional operation now in place for all employees who are employed by companies at the Tampa International Airport.
Okay environment
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 9, 2014
Okay job, no raises no support. Boss was in another state and only visited when they wanted to otherwise no contact besides email.
Productive very knowledgeable enviroment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 30, 2014
Completing data entry meeting customer needs meeting new wonderful people on a daily.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 4, 2014
it all depends on what you do there and if you get along with staff but for me everything seems good but then a job is better than no job.
Simple, but extremely demanding.
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2014
Pros: two 15 minute paid breaks.
Cons: communication.
I have worked for the company for almost four years now, I enjoyed going into work everyday, but now, things jusr started craching down. The management is getting out of hand, there is no consideration from many of the managers, they give you a smile or a hand every now and again, but there are times they just want to fire you. We have ran out of supplie to where others or just another employee has purchased them in order to perform daily duties.
Another thing, if you have family stress at hime, or family care to tend to whenever it pops up an emergency, this isn't the place for you, they will give you the same excuse that they can never cover for you, or you call out all fo the time, family-oreitation is not an option for this branch.
I've learned a lot, due to that it is my first job, between with the computer and different programs that I have never heard of before. I've learned how to maintain multiple cash registers and machines, and customer service skills. It's always a blast, for me, to learn and try new things, for any company.
A typical work day for me would be go in, deal with heavy loads of traffic, a lot of issues not just from my customers, but from my employees, a lot of the employees stress, not just due to shortages, but to sue to the way the handlings are upstaris, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GREAT COMMUNICATION. It can become very stressful due the system crashing, or customers having issues either unable to pay or the machine is malfuncitoning. Otherwise on a really good day, it will be slow and maybe only about two thousand cars will pour out of our the two garages – more... a day. Our bad days, well, when I get off, I never want to even come back
It's OK if you can handle the stress, and I'm sorry to mention this, but everyday GOSSIP, and miscellaneous issues from management, but, for those who care for their families, and themselves, look on ahead, there are better places.
The postives about this Company are the benefits, you recieve pretty much every option. From medical to 401K and FMLA.
. – less
Overall a good company to work for.
Valet for Baylor Medical Center of Plano, TX (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 8, 2014
I worked valet for them at there Baylor Plano site. It was a very good place to work. My co-workers were very fun to work with and hard workers like myself. I would be the first togreet the guest as they entered the hospital and the last to get them on there way once leaving the hospital. I parked and retrieved all cars that came thru valet. The hardest part of the job was getting acclamated to the weather conditions. Management was good.
interesting place to work
parking attendant (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 5, 2014
amazing coworkers but poor management. no room to advance and they don't promote within
Laid back job
Office Assistant/On-Call Cashier (Current Employee), Sacramento, CaliforniaJune 19, 2014
I am a on call floater for the cashiers. I go from one location to another to cover cashier's shift when they call in sick or on vacation. On a typical day, I just sit in the cashier booths and wait for the parkers to exit. When they exit, I would collect the ticket, run it through the machine and collect payment. At the end of the day, I add up all the number of tickets I collected for the day, make sure my draw is correctly balanced, then I would drop my transactions for the day in a safe for the manager to input into their system the next day.
Ensure the collection of $28 million annually for Mineta San Jose Interntional Airport
General Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 17, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Manage By Walking Around to each department
Review and Respond to emails
Communicate with various airport departments
Review Daily Revenue Reports
Looking for the next efficient way to conduct business

I am still learning that each day is a different day

The Most Enjoyable part of the job is to see dedicated employees doing their jobsefficiently and accurately and contributing ways for improvement

The hardest part of the job is always being a Perfectionist
very productive place
Receptionist (Current Employee), miami flApril 24, 2014
productive place dedicated customer service representatives motivated to maintain customer satisfaction and contribute to company success
Productive, challenging, and rewarding.
Area Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2014
Managed parking employees within the commercial building environment. Worked with property management and building ownership to provide parking reports, opinion, and assessment with parking related issues and improvements.