Come join our Cloud Software Engineering and Development group on a large-scale Java-based implementation to support data collection and processing. Collaborate with our world-class mentors, architects and engineers in designing and developing solutions that push the boundaries of cloud-based, distributed Java services.
This is a great opportunity for experienced architects/senior software engineers who are well-versed in advanced Core Java (collections, reflection, concurrency, serialization, I/O, networking, database interaction, JVM tuning, performance tuning, XML processing, web services, Java idioms) to join our team on a full-time or contract basis.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience middle-tier and backend Java development.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and software development principles.
- Strong understanding of web architecture.
- Proficiency in Java, Java EE, and RESTful web services.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and debugging
- Solid testing skills - JUnit
- Performance tuning of Java apps - JMeter, JProbe
- Knowledge of Apache Thrift
- Experience with JIRA
- Familiarity with Agile software development.
- Familiarity with the use of version control technologies such as svn or git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration technologies such as Jenkins.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented collaborative environment.
Nice to have:
- Exposure to Hadoop, HBase, Apache Crunch, Oozie, Sqoop
- Experience with Big Data processing using Storm or MapReduce
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1992 by experienced IT training professionals and incorporated in 1999, About Objects has served numerous customers, from Small...