AbovePoint Technologies implements and maintains entire network and computer infrastructure for small to medium business and municipal clients. We are looking for friendly, service oriented Information Technology Technicians to provide superior service to our Customers throughout DFW metropolis. This is a fast paced environment with significant room for growth and advancement. This position is ideal for a candidate with one or more years of experience.
- Work with our clients in the DFW area to support desktop, server and network issues.
- Work with team to effectively manage, maintain, and implement small-to medium business customer’s network. Including but not limited to all switches, routers, security solutions, VoIP phone systems, and content filtering servers and appliances.
- Act as primary point of contact for troubleshooting both the business customer’ voice and data networks, as well as serve as liaison for technical contacts for the business customer’ network. Possess the ability to effectively describe problems or needs in order to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Proactive monitoring of applications and services using Remote Monitoring and Management tools to ensure high availability and to meet service level agreements.
- Provide timely customer support in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Conduct research on emerging hardware\software products and standards including return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid and justify recommendations to management for purchasing and implementation efforts.
- Compile and maintain inventory of company enterprise software and hardware for the purpose of tracking their corresponding licenses.
- Offer suggestions to update and improve policy and procedure as necessary.
- Handle all information, whether written or verbal, in a confidential and professional manner and in compliance with HIPAA standards and regulations.
- Cooperatively and efficiently performs all other related tasks as assigned by their direct supervisor.
- Answer helpdesk support calls and respond to proactive network alerts.
- Manage our client network/server proactive monitoring system.
- Setup, manage and monitor data backup systems for clients
- Enter ticket information into company ticketing system
- Ability to learn to provide support for a wide variety of platforms and systems.
- Troubleshoot, support and repair LAN connectivity issues including managed hubs/switches and network connections wireless networks.
- Remotely respond to alerts, resolve server/network issues remotely and efficiently.
- Support new installations and migrations.
- Identify ways to improve clients’ systems and infrastructure (upgrades to hardware, software, and network).
- Work with team to perform network administration including supporting file and print services, Exchange Server and Active Directory management.
- Manage internal IT management software system, patch management tools and PSA tools
- Setup PCs, Servers and other network equipment
- Job requires travel to DFW based customer sites and may require after hours work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows operating systems (XP, 2000, and 2003)
- Strong technical ability and troubleshooting skills.
- LAN Networking support skills
- Exceptional communication and customer facing skills.
AbovePoint Technologies provides a more cost-effective alternative that scales perfectly to suit your needs: hourly business IT assistance....