ABQ Health Partners

ABQ Health Partners Employee Reviews

great staff
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2015
its been a good place to work, but the company was not making money so they eliminated many positions. Unfortunatly, I was one of the employees they let go.
Excellent place to work
Director Clinical Quality (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 5, 2015
There is great teamwork and drive to be the best. The leadership is approachable. One of there core values is Fun and it shows in our workday atmosphere.
Great place to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 14, 2015
The work environment was a great environment. Great co-workers as well as the management. The best thing I enjoyed was the customer interaction I had.
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 11, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: hard to advance into management.
Great place to work. Management is very professional and the environment is fast paced and constantly changing. The team works very closely together.
Enjoy peers and work, but unstable future
Physician Assistant (Current Employee), ALbuquerque, NMFebruary 17, 2015
I have enjoyed being a part of ABQ Health Partners for more than 6 years. However, the future of the company does not appear to be financially stable. My boss an co workers in the hospital are all very supportive, medically knowledgable and reliable. The most difficult part of the job has been the new changes occurring since being acquired by a larger medical group.
They say they want to make it a fun and productive place to work...not all!!!!
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), albuquerque,nmFebruary 12, 2015
Patients are great to work with. Loved my patients. Training is very poor. They tell oyu to learn from what they call Moodle and let you figure it out on you own and throw you to the wolves. Their management – more... is there is see you do nothing but fail. This is the new age ABQ Health Partners I worked there for almost 10 years an I can say the first 7 years of my career there, I loved it. Things change and sometimes change for the worst. – less
Great learning experience, self-paced, and fun
Medical Assisting (Externship) (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: working with albuquerque finest doctors
Cons: internship
This job was an internship job for medical assistant. I was taught daily routine in a doctors office. The Doctors and nurses were so nice and helpful, they enjoyed teaching. Hands on care for patience was rewarding. The most difficult part of the job, was seeing people in pain, but what I enjoyed the most, was that I was part of helping patience feel better.
Productive and fun workplace
Externship (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great working environment, helpful, always asked follow up questions.
Cons: nothing i can think of
The staff I worked with here during my externship were always happy and welcoming to any and all questions I have had. I enjoyed rooming patients, in that process I took their vital signs and performed – more... ekgs if they were needed for that specific patients, I also updated all patient in the EHR. I worked closely with one specific Doctor but if any other providers needed something I was there to help to make all processes flow smoother. – less
Enjoyed working with providers
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 26, 2014
Pros: providers showed appreciation
Cons: had to leave company
I have learned so much working with ABQ Pain & Spine Center.
I didn't want to leave company but did not pass what was required to stay employed with them. I have learned more skills than required as a Medical Assistant. I have worked with providers who were professionals and appreciated there employees.
Positive and productive workplace with out micro management
Contracting/Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexible lunches and worked with class schedule
Cons: advancement
A typical work day would main consist of follow up on initial or recredentialing applications, maintaining provider license reports, and working with hospitals to ensure providers maintained privileges. – more...

My manager never had to micromanage my work. As long as I got what needed to be done there was no need to. I worked in a department of three, but quite often had to work with other departments to complete certain tasks. – less
Over 9 years of being with them the atmosphere became less and less desirable of a place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque NMJuly 25, 2014
Pros: prior to current owners it was a much nicer environment to work
Cons: current management does not "walk the talk".
After several managerial changes and assorted owners this place became dictatorial and impersonal. Every aspect of the job became micro micro managed leaving no room for individuality or growth opportunity.
General
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 2, 2014
Great day at work
Learned more everyday
Co-workers are great
Case Manager
Case Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 2, 2014
This was a fairly new project for this company. They are a delegated entity for HCSC. Unfortunately, they did not understand the difference between being a delegated entity and being a medical group. Further, the Nurse Administrator would hire her friends who had no experience with either CM or UM. It was not a good fit.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 2, 2014
Pros: management would surprise us on secretary day.
Cons: some days there are no breaks, especially after a 3 day weekend and the holidays.
Phones start ringing at 8:00am sharp and don't stop until 5pm. Learned to share/help fellow employees with difficult patients. Had a good relationship with management, co-workers, and professionals.
The – more... hardest part of the job is dealing with sick people who do not feel well and being able to calm them, help them fill out paperwork, getting them a wheelchair etc. Understanding that people want to see their Doctor and they come to the front desk demanding to see them and you can clearly see that they are in need of emergency care. For example: clutching their chest, not able to breathe. I found that for the most part people are appreciative for the work we did. They would send us cards on the Holidays, bring treats, wave as they go by and call you by name. This is when you know you were helpful. – less
In transition
Talent Development Specialist (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 11, 2014
Good concept, but you can see the difference moving to a for-profit corporation
VERY PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE CONCERNING PATIENT CARE
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: lunch is usually provided every day by the drug reps
Cons: as employees, the insurance we have is very expensive
PATIENT CARE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF JOB. THE HARDEST PART IS WHEN THE PATIENTS ARE ILL AND YOU CANNOT FIND AN APPOINTMENT IN A TIMELY MANNER, THEY DO TEND TO GET UPSET, BUT I WORK WITH THEM TO HELP – more... THE PATIENT GET IN OR SOLVE THEIR PROBLEMS ABOUT GETTING A REFERRAL OR THEIR MEDICATIONS. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART IS MEETING AND SPEAKING WITH THE PATIENTS. YOU GET TO KNOW THEM, AND THEY ARE LIKE PART OF YOUR FAMILY, WHICH IS HOW I TREAT THEM AS IF THEY WERE MY OWN FAMILY – less
2005-2013
Credit Balance Specialist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 16, 2013
Pros: established business
Cons: the ability to advance employees
Overall the company is good, but there is no type of program to help advance employees that have been there for years.
overall they were an okay organization to work for
Budget Analyst (Former Employee), albuquerque, nmNovember 1, 2013
typical day was handling budget questions
learned how to interact with management
co-workers were great
hardest part of the job was dealing with upset managers
best par of the job was knowing I made a difference
typical day was helping provider and rooming patients. i loved that part of my job.
RNA (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMOctober 21, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor management
I learned something most every day which is what i love. I was blessed with great co workers. Changes in management changed all of that. The hardest part of my job was seeing patients die. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing patients get better and do well.
Great Place to work/fun/supervisors are great
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 1, 2013
Pros: bounus/patient appreciation dayss
Registration of all incoming patient to the Orho department/insurance verification/scheduling/copays/deductibles.
updated patient data base as needed
reports and deposits