ABQ Health Partners Employee Reviews

it was good to know i had a job
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 1, 2017
8-5 hr day. worked medical records for 15 yrs in clinic. enjoyed working with medical and front desk staff. last yr was transferred to main HIM office. Worked with a few other workmates. Answering phones was hardest part of job . had indexing, releases, faxing and answering questions for patients as part of doing phones.
Good Company
Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 31, 2017
Decent Company. Employees seemed to be in a decent mood the majority of the time. Pay was low but matched the ease of the job. The management team was great, the type of people you enjoyed working with.
Great manager
Helpdesk Technician II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 6, 2016
Nice place to work. Our manager was very nice. My co-workers were nice. I didn't like being on call. All employees were friendly when I was helping them
Fun place to work
Lead PCC/Outpatient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 17, 2016
ABQ Health Partners was a fun place to work. They are focused on being involved with their employees and like for them to have a work/life balance and always seem to have something brewing on the back burner to improve on processes.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Commute to work
Value of your opinion
Claims Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 3, 2016
When you have an idea it is taken to heart and sometimes practiced which showed to save everyone time every day in their workday.
Very cohesive team
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 14, 2016
Good work and daily life. Private sector of medicine is priority, rather than patient care. Open and honest communicators. Close work family is valued.
Pros
Ever changing work environment.
Cons
Private for profit
Many opportunities to promotions.
Medical Assistant/Infusion Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 30, 2016
Very busy is good. Patient's were well pleased with each staff from the front desk to the back exam room. Learning was very easy with helpful staff available at all times. Management was a phone call away. Co-workers were awesome, we worked as a team. Hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with Insurance companies to get approvals. (Prior authorizations) Enjoyable part of the day is when it was close to closing everyone helped out in areas that needed help before leaving office.
Pros
Communication between staff.
Cons
Short breaks
Great Group of teammates
SR. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 20, 2016
Great group of teammates to work with on a daily basis. The benefits and compensation could be better.
It is hard to get appointments with our own doctors.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Benefits and compensation
Productive workplace
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 16, 2016
Busy work schedule job can be stressful at times work alone on a mobile scanner in middle of parking lot not the safest for MRI working alone
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Safety is an issue
Loved my Teammates!
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 2, 2016
ABQ Health refers to all it's employees as teammates, but it's all rhetoric. There is a clear line in the sand delineating the front line, or patient care team, and the management team. It doesn't matter what your position, you are totally replaceable and not valued by management. It's shocking the lack of respect, yet it doesn't seem to bother management at all. When I had an exit interview and told them what was going on, they acted like it was the first time in their lives anyone had said anything like this. I worked as a "mi-level" provider, which is aka as "steerage" amongst management, the MDs, then of course picked up on by everyone else. Yet when they unceremoniously fired all the RN's and we "mid-levels" complained, concerned about only working with MA's, we were told, "there is no difference between an R.N. and an M.A. Really?! Well, with that logic there is no difference between an MD, and an APRN. I have never worked for such cold management, and I am not alone in this opinion. The staff used to joke, "are we all just somehow damaged, and this is the only place we can get employed?! What is WRONG with us?" After I left, 4 other providers left within the month, it set off a cascade of, "oh we can go somewhere else." Hopefully management understands this message, and starts behaving like team members instead of sports team owners.
Pros
LOVED my colleagues!
Cons
Upper management, short staffed
good providers poor communication from supervisors and site admin
Medical Assistant/PCC (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 25, 2016
learned a lot about the skin
management not all on the same point
poor communication
the most enjoyable part was knowing in some sort of way you are helping the patients
Pros
good rep lunches, alot of useful knowledge learned
I visit 47 clinics in 18 locations, monthly
Environmental Health and Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 11, 2015
Oversees all Site Safety Facilitator’s (Approximately 100 safety monitors in the organization) training with safety rounds, security and fire prevention assessments. Oversees all projects involving health and safety issues
Professional and Kind place.
Medical Assistant Back and Front Office (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMOctober 21, 2015
At ABQHP pediatrics every day is a very interesting day with a lot of educational news regarding pediatric medicine. One of the many things that I learn was to prepare and guide the patients mentally and physically for the different procedures. The management was consistent and precise with the rules. My co-workers were responsible, professional, respectful and kind to each other and to the patients and their families. The hardest part of the job was to make children cry when giving the shoots, and the best part for me was the satisfaction of knowing that I helped parents to have healthier children and to make them feel better when ill.
Far too much work=major stress
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 23, 2015
The department I worked in was understaffed, but was expected to get same amount of work done as when there was a third more staff.
Pros
Good Benefits and pay
Cons
Excessive workload for number of workers
upper IT management not ethical
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 16, 2015
- Plenty of talented, fun persons to work with
- Enjoyed the IT assignments
- upper management did not take responsibility for mistakes and would throw own employees under the bus and/or lie
Pros
coworkers, good Medical Informaticist
Cons
upper IT management
Level 3 medical home
Medical Assistant / IT Applications Liaison (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 18, 2015
Great doctors, good nurse's and team involvement. lots of education opportunity. Yearly training, new EMR updates specialty for referrals and urgent care.
Pros
Free lunches, educational instruction at all levels
Cons
some lunches by sales repetitiveness but not for all.
great staff
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2015
its been a good place to work, but the company was not making money so they eliminated many positions. Unfortunatly, I was one of the employees they let go.
Excellent place to work
Director Clinical Quality (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 5, 2015
There is great teamwork and drive to be the best. The leadership is approachable. One of there core values is Fun and it shows in our workday atmosphere.
Great place to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 14, 2015
The work environment was a great environment. Great co-workers as well as the management. The best thing I enjoyed was the customer interaction I had.
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 11, 2015
Great place to work. Management is very professional and the environment is fast paced and constantly changing. The team works very closely together.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hard to advance into management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABQ Health Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

ABQ Health Partners Reviews by Location