ABQ Health Partners Employee Reviews in United States

Productive workplace
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 16, 2016
Busy work schedule job can be stressful at times work alone on a mobile scanner in middle of parking lot not the safest for MRI working alone
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Safety is an issue
Loved my Teammates!
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 2, 2016
ABQ Health refers to all it's employees as teammates, but it's all rhetoric. There is a clear line in the sand delineating the front line, or patient care team, and the management team. It doesn't matter what your position, you are totally replaceable and not valued by management. It's shocking the lack of respect, yet it doesn't seem to bother management at all. When I had an exit interview and told them what was going on, they acted like it was the first time in their lives anyone had said anything like this. I worked as a "mi-level" provider, which is aka as "steerage" amongst management, the MDs, then of course picked up on by everyone else. Yet when they unceremoniously fired all the RN's and we "mid-levels" complained, concerned about only working with MA's, we were told, "there is no difference between an R.N. and an M.A. Really?! Well, with that logic there is no difference between an MD, and an APRN. I have never worked for such cold management, and I am not alone in this opinion. The staff used to joke, "are we all just somehow damaged, and this is the only place we can get employed?! What is WRONG with us?" After I left, 4 other providers left within the month, it set off a cascade of, "oh we can go somewhere else." Hopefully management understands this message, and starts behaving like team members instead of sports team owners.
Pros
LOVED my colleagues!
Cons
Upper management, short staffed
good providers poor communication from supervisors and site admin
Medical Assistant/PCC (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 25, 2016
learned a lot about the skin
management not all on the same point
poor communication
the most enjoyable part was knowing in some sort of way you are helping the patients
Pros
good rep lunches, alot of useful knowledge learned
I visit 47 clinics in 18 locations, monthly
Environmental Health and Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 11, 2015
Oversees all Site Safety Facilitator’s (Approximately 100 safety monitors in the organization) training with safety rounds, security and fire prevention assessments. Oversees all projects involving health and safety issues
Professional and Kind place.
Medical Assistant Back and Front Office (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMOctober 21, 2015
At ABQHP pediatrics every day is a very interesting day with a lot of educational news regarding pediatric medicine. One of the many things that I learn was to prepare and guide the patients mentally and physically for the different procedures. The management was consistent and precise with the rules. My co-workers were responsible, professional, respectful and kind to each other and to the patients and their families. The hardest part of the job was to make children cry when giving the shoots, and the best part for me was the satisfaction of knowing that I helped parents to have healthier children and to make them feel better when ill.
Far too much work=major stress
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 23, 2015
The department I worked in was understaffed, but was expected to get same amount of work done as when there was a third more staff.
Pros
Good Benefits and pay
Cons
Excessive workload for number of workers
upper IT management not ethical
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 16, 2015
- Plenty of talented, fun persons to work with
- Enjoyed the IT assignments
- upper management did not take responsibility for mistakes and would throw own employees under the bus and/or lie
Pros
coworkers, good Medical Informaticist
Cons
upper IT management
Level 3 medical home
Medical Assistant / IT Applications Liaison (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 18, 2015
Great doctors, good nurse's and team involvement. lots of education opportunity. Yearly training, new EMR updates specialty for referrals and urgent care.
Pros
Free lunches, educational instruction at all levels
Cons
some lunches by sales repetitiveness but not for all.
great staff
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2015
its been a good place to work, but the company was not making money so they eliminated many positions. Unfortunatly, I was one of the employees they let go.
Excellent place to work
Director Clinical Quality (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 5, 2015
There is great teamwork and drive to be the best. The leadership is approachable. One of there core values is Fun and it shows in our workday atmosphere.
Great place to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 14, 2015
The work environment was a great environment. Great co-workers as well as the management. The best thing I enjoyed was the customer interaction I had.
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 11, 2015
Great place to work. Management is very professional and the environment is fast paced and constantly changing. The team works very closely together.
Pros
experience
Cons
hard to advance into management.
Enjoy peers and work, but unstable future
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  ALbuquerque, NMFebruary 17, 2015
I have enjoyed being a part of ABQ Health Partners for more than 6 years. However, the future of the company does not appear to be financially stable. My boss an co workers in the hospital are all very supportive, medically knowledgable and reliable. The most difficult part of the job has been the new changes occurring since being acquired by a larger medical group.
They say they want to make it a fun and productive place to work...not all!!!!
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  albuquerque,nmFebruary 12, 2015
Patients are great to work with. Loved my patients. Training is very poor. They tell oyu to learn from what they call Moodle and let you figure it out on you own and throw you to the wolves. Their management is there is see you do nothing but fail. This is the new age ABQ Health Partners I worked there for almost 10 years an I can say the first 7 years of my career there, I loved it. Things change and sometimes change for the worst.
Great learning experience, self-paced, and fun
Medical Assisting (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJanuary 27, 2015
This job was an internship job for medical assistant. I was taught daily routine in a doctors office. The Doctors and nurses were so nice and helpful, they enjoyed teaching. Hands on care for patience was rewarding. The most difficult part of the job, was seeing people in pain, but what I enjoyed the most, was that I was part of helping patience feel better.
Pros
working with albuquerque finest doctors
Cons
internship
Productive and fun workplace
Externship (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 23, 2015
The staff I worked with here during my externship were always happy and welcoming to any and all questions I have had. I enjoyed rooming patients, in that process I took their vital signs and performed ekgs if they were needed for that specific patients, I also updated all patient in the EHR. I worked closely with one specific Doctor but if any other providers needed something I was there to help to make all processes flow smoother.
Pros
great working environment, helpful, always asked follow up questions.
Cons
nothing i can think of
Enjoyed working with providers
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 26, 2014
I have learned so much working with ABQ Pain & Spine Center.
I didn't want to leave company but did not pass what was required to stay employed with them. I have learned more skills than required as a Medical Assistant. I have worked with providers who were professionals and appreciated there employees.
Pros
providers showed appreciation
Cons
had to leave company
Positive and productive workplace with out micro management
Contracting/Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 27, 2014
A typical work day would main consist of follow up on initial or recredentialing applications, maintaining provider license reports, and working with hospitals to ensure providers maintained privileges.

My manager never had to micromanage my work. As long as I got what needed to be done there was no need to. I worked in a department of three, but quite often had to work with other departments to complete certain tasks.
Pros
flexible lunches and worked with class schedule
Cons
advancement
Over 9 years of being with them the atmosphere became less and less desirable of a place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque NMJuly 25, 2014
After several managerial changes and assorted owners this place became dictatorial and impersonal. Every aspect of the job became micro micro managed leaving no room for individuality or growth opportunity.
Pros
prior to current owners it was a much nicer environment to work
Cons
current management does not "walk the talk".
General