ABR Employment Services Employee Reviews

Friendly environment with decent pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 19, 2017
Machine operator, coating, making sure work area is clean. The management was good and the work hours where great. It was in sun prairie so when my car went down I couldn't make it anymore.
December 26, 2017

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience about working for ABR Employment Services at one of our client sites.

A great start career in recruiting
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 25, 2017
A typical day at work would be 8am-5pm in an office. Learned a lot from working at ABR such as recruiting, sales, and building relationships with clients and employees. Company's workplace culture is good. The hardest part of the job is probably because the unemployment rate is pretty low right now; therefore qualified talents aren't really available for work. What I enjoy the most about my job is that it's challenging and it is a job where I can start building experience in my Human Resource career.
Pros
flexible lunch
Cons
vacation not the greatest
November 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working with ABR. Glad to hear you learned a lot during your time with us!

quiet place to work
Racking and unracking parts (Current Employee) –  Greenbay WisconsinSeptember 19, 2017
Pay attention to everything around you be sure to put parts on rack correctly pay attention to forklifts wear gloves at all times eye protection and steel toes
Pros
One 15-minute break and a half an hour break
Cons
Brakes are not paid

joke
MATERIAL HANDLER / TEMP ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 13, 2017
don't work there. will promise good jobs and push you off in to one with low pay and no advancement opportunities. Most jobs wind up only being temporary and they will push you into a factory regardless of your previous experience or skill set.
November 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We are sorry to hear your experience was less than positive. We value the opportunity to use your feedback to make things better for our employees . Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Abr is a great place to work
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIAugust 14, 2017
I'm a very quick learner. I'm also good with power tools, as well as tork tools. I also know how to u a torch, as well as read blue prints. I'm a great team player I work very well with others. I follow orders from my supervisor very well. All it takes is once to explain something to me and I pretty much got it the first time it's explained.
Ok if you really need a job
Nelson Global Products (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 2, 2017
If your going to work for Nelson Global Product. Through this company do your self a favor a keep looking. You will never get hired full time. And the company does not offer any benifits any more. Nelson Global Products is a dying company.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Productive staffing agency
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 20, 2017
Worked at Agropur
Learned cheese preparation and brine room
Management was professional and good
Workplace culture was pretty pleasant to be at
Hardest part of job was working 12 hour swing shift
Most enjoyable part of job was working the brine room and good people worked at this company
Pros
Good pay
Cons
12 hour swing shift
Good Job
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIJuly 5, 2017
ABR will find you a great job and will find it in a timely manner. The office people are very friendly and helpful. They check up on you and make sure you like the job they found for you.
Good employment service
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 26, 2017
ABR has always did good to me so I have nothing to complain about. They always found me a job. The people here are great to work with and will always follow up with you.
Temporary Position
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 17, 2017
Unimpressed with how things were handled when I left the company and all the phone calls I received after telling them what my plans were career-wise.
Awesome People
Provider Network Management (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 30, 2017
ABR is an amazing start to get your foot in the door. I love ABR. They are honest and really want to help you succeed. Always has been a pleasure to be in a friendly environment.
Pros
Great schedules
Cons
Usually temp positions
Productive & fun workplace
Office Assistant & volunteer coordinator (Current Employee) –  Merrillian, wiMarch 16, 2017
Great company to work for. It's all about the employees & they are willing to go the extra mile for them. They will resolve any issues for their employees. They help them find the rite job that fits them.
clean enviroment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIMarch 14, 2017
I enjoyed working the job for abr the people were very nice people to work for and the job was a good place to work nice clean place to work I worked packing parts and worked in shipping recieving
Pros
clean place to work
Cons
short breaks
I loved working for this company.
Industrial (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WIMarch 7, 2017
I worked for them just over 2 years. They offer SO much. All kinda little things and events. The ladies in the office did their jobs well. Never had any problems with them and I cant say that about the other places I went through.
Temp agency
Fey Printing (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 2, 2017
ABR is a temp agency I was selected to work at Fey Printing Publishing Company I would stock boxes, work on machines, and load trucks. I would suggest ABR to anyone.
Pros
Two breaks through a 8 hour shift, good benefits, holiday pay, and weekends off.
Cons
Long shifts, Constantly moving, very hard work, and early shifts.
Poor communication
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Schofield, WIJanuary 3, 2017
They don't like to communicate with you to let you know if they have work or not. They just waste your time, you'll be out of work for a while with abr
Cons
No communication
Data Entry, General Laborer
Data entry and general labor (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WI 54601December 20, 2016
I worked a variety of temporary jobs while enrolled in school. ABR was helpful with locating me jobs. Depending upon the job itself, different skill sets were used. Jobs varied from general labor to data entry.
Relatively Clear Cut Process
Operator (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 15, 2016
I job searched for 8 months on my own before trying ABR. After nearly 10 years I was unsatisfied with my employment situation, so I was looking for a change of pace. With in a week, I submitted my resume, had an interview, had a second interview and was offered a placement with a company matching my skillset. Although I thought I would be doing a similar job to what I left, I was surprised to be placed in another, but intriguingly new role.

ABR was very up front with expectations and their kind staff really helped me feel more like I was a desirable worker than my previous place of employment.

I have now completed my contractual hours with ABR and am moving to a permanent full-time position with in the company they placed me under. I have learned and continue to learn a new skillset and have more prospects before me now than I had four months ago.

I feel truly blessed to have been paired with the right people who have helped me grow as a person both in and out of the work force.
Pros
E-mail Communications, Kind Staff, Honest Expectations, Desirable Wages
Cons
Commute to Local Office, Occasional Delayed Response from E-mails
Poor Communication and Job Security
LARGE WINDING OPERATOR/ HELPER (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIDecember 5, 2016
Title explains it all. No communication between them and third party. They back away from protecting their workers and lay down for their customers. Dont recommend them.
Assistant Planner (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIDecember 1, 2016
a temp company that helps you find a job your first time, but sort of lose you after that. have been with them 2 different times and same professionalism both times.
Pros
Cons
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABR Employment Services. Our community is ready to answer.