ABR Employment Services Employee Reviews in United States

ABR lied to my face.
Fast pased line work (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc WIMay 23, 2015
I was sent to a company by this agency where the temporary workers didn't last long. The Supervisor would find any small excuse to yell at a worker, the Line Leaders would get very angry and yell if one of their workers couldn't keep up with the line, and the co workers would always put the blame on someone just to save themselves. The Tech people, would yell at workers if there was a Jam Up they had to fix. I was surprised I lasted as long as I did due to all the verbal abuse I went through in that place. After 3 months of working there, there was a layoff due to the company "slowing down" and ABR told me that they would be willing to help me out in finding another job. Couple of weeks passed and they offered me another job that I didn't like at all. I told them I wasn't comfortable working there and they asked me if I could just finish that week, while they find something else. I finished that week doing exactly what they asked. Couple years later I reapplied at ABR and I was denied work because I supposedly "walked out" on that last job "without notice" when I know I did notify them and finished the week like they asked me to. ABR lied to my face. What a shame.
Pros
Cons
Lies.
Excellent place to work.
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 13, 2015
I worked for this company at two different companies on temporary assignments. At both locations there work good working conditions and pleasant, professional people.
Great Company
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MadisonMarch 24, 2015
Love working here, grew within very quickly. Great CEO and managers that really care. Can't wait to be here for the long run.
good communication on expectarions
Assembler/General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMarch 12, 2015
I could ask questions at any time and I was always asked how things were going!

Love it! Good team work and pleasant job atmosphere!
Hardest part was when the job came to an end!
Pros
get team work and communication
Cons
not permenant
it was alright the pay was good
Crating Dept.-long term temp. job (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 16, 2015
Work was good and there were nice people working there. I am more skilled with building equipment and tools. The hardest part of the job was handling a nail gun all day it created shoulder problems. The holidays were nice when we had a party.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
i did not get hired on
Abr
Practitioner Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 2, 2014
The management is very helpful. However, the pay and benefits are lacking however, it's a temp agency so, that is to be expected.
Its o.k.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 28, 2014
Was only employed through the company for 4 months. Got laid off in Jan of 2012. Was only a temporary position.
Pros
pay was pretty good
Cons
only a shrot term assignment.
Productive and outgoing place to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIOctober 23, 2014
The employees of this company went above and beyond to find me the work I needed to expand my work experience. They were not afraid to give their employees the benefit of the doubt and to challenge them to go further in their careers. This company is by far the best company I have worked for.
Pros
advancement
Cons
n/a
Gained some experience
Sales Intern/Staffing Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 8, 2014
I learned new skills and software while gaining more experience in my chosen field.
Pros
experience, new skills and software/databases
Cons
temporay and low wages
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WIFebruary 24, 2014
The company helps you find a job and get you in a great work place
Temp agency with great positoins
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 17, 2014
Enjoyed working here. Was placed at a company for 9 months and I loved it. The best thing is you can work at different companies, gaining great work experience for your resume. The staff was always there if needed.
the management and other ABR workers are really nice
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 16, 2014
the jobs are only temporary jobs. the management and other ABR workers are really nice.
Pros
the management and other abr workers are really nice
Cons
the jobs are only temporary
emplyment agency
Temporary Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIDecember 4, 2013
I was set up at job that was under my skill level. I felt very insulted by the people working at this agency.
no such thing as a guarantee
Material handler/ dock attendant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 9, 2013
I absolutely loved ABR as a staffing agency and believed they acted quick in finding employment for me. My last position was set up as a temp to permanent position. I thought I was doing well, never saw it coming, and worse yet wasn't given a valid explanation for why I was let go. I didn't find another position right away so I opted to go with another temp service. they tried to get me to resign with them to jump ship in the middle of a contract to take a better position with them. I later found out that it was close to $4.00 below market value for this position, and was purged from the records for not having safety boots in time for the position I agreed to take later on and asked for thier patience until the end of March so I could start in April. The woman who first placed me and had a good rapport/ weekly communication with each other left for a better job, so the newer employees didn't truly know my situation and made (what I believe to be) a terrible judgment call on me. How do I go from just missing my first two days medically excused, then working 40-56 hours a week for 1 and a half months, to... ah, we're gonna let you go and you can re-apply with us in 6 months.
Pros
treat you like a person, most positions pay well and are temp to perm or direct hire.
Cons
i sense a dropoff in personnel will cause business to fade
Human Resources Processor (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 7, 2013
I like working for ABR. They helped me find jobs when my schedule was hard to work around. They were very understanding!
It was a decent place to try out different jobs.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIMarch 9, 2013
General labor, sometimes boring and repetitive. It was nice being able to work for a company before you tried to get in full time, so you could tell if it was going to work for you.
Pros
you decided how many hours you worked.
Cons
low pay.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton. WIJanuary 29, 2013
I came to ABR looking for help in my job search after returning from a second tour overseas. I wasn't having much luck until one of the girls took the time to help me with my resume and set me up with the JSA Vet program. Ultimately she did not find me my dream position but because of her help I am now a production manager with an amazing company. I will forever follow this recruiter as I am very impressed with the amount of integrity and passion she demonstrates for her field.

Thanks ABR Appleton!
Pros
employees truly care for their temps
Cons
management is rude on the phone
ABR - Found me work
Production Welder (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 25, 2012
I was found on a resume posting site by one of the girls at ABR. This agency treats you better than the others and not just like an lowly temp like some of the others. I have never been treated disresctfully or talked down to there. I was found a welding position almost instantly and my recruiter found me the perfect company. I think those girls have had 3-4 managers over the 6months annd when talking on the phone you can hear their current manager yelling at employees in the background. These girls still manage to do stay professional towarsd us no matter what.

Keep up the good work ABR!

Girls of ABR Calander on the Way???????????????????
Pros
good looking recruiters
Cons
mean boss, to many different faces
Great Place!
Office/Administrative/Clerical (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WINovember 21, 2012
ABR is a great company to work for. They are understanding, encouraging, and the staff is very friendly. I've always had a positive experience working through ABR.
Pros
friendly staff
good people in office
Welder (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 28, 2012
abr found me work when needed if i was laid off from one company they would take the time to find me work while being laid off
Pros
very helpful

2.9