ABR Employment Services Employee Reviews

Temp agency
Fey Printing (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 2, 2017
ABR is a temp agency I was selected to work at Fey Printing Publishing Company I would stock boxes, work on machines, and load trucks. I would suggest ABR to anyone.
Pros
Two breaks through a 8 hour shift, good benefits, holiday pay, and weekends off.
Cons
Long shifts, Constantly moving, very hard work, and early shifts.
Relatively Clear Cut Process
Operator (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 15, 2016
I job searched for 8 months on my own before trying ABR. After nearly 10 years I was unsatisfied with my employment situation, so I was looking for a change of pace. With in a week, I submitted my resume, had an interview, had a second interview and was offered a placement with a company matching my skillset. Although I thought I would be doing a similar job to what I left, I was surprised to be placed in another, but intriguingly new role.

ABR was very up front with expectations and their kind staff really helped me feel more like I was a desirable worker than my previous place of employment.

I have now completed my contractual hours with ABR and am moving to a permanent full-time position with in the company they placed me under. I have learned and continue to learn a new skillset and have more prospects before me now than I had four months ago.

I feel truly blessed to have been paired with the right people who have helped me grow as a person both in and out of the work force.
Pros
E-mail Communications, Kind Staff, Honest Expectations, Desirable Wages
Cons
Commute to Local Office, Occasional Delayed Response from E-mails
Poor Communication and Job Security
LARGE WINDING OPERATOR/ HELPER (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIDecember 5, 2016
Title explains it all. No communication between them and third party. They back away from protecting their workers and lay down for their customers. Dont recommend them.
Poor communication
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Schofield, WIJanuary 3, 2017
They don't like to communicate with you to let you know if they have work or not. They just waste your time, you'll be out of work for a while with abr
Cons
No communication
Assistant Planner (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIDecember 1, 2016
a temp company that helps you find a job your first time, but sort of lose you after that. have been with them 2 different times and same professionalism both times.
Pros
Cons
non
Abr
Practitioner Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 2, 2014
The management is very helpful. However, the pay and benefits are lacking however, it's a temp agency so, that is to be expected.
reinforcement of skills and experience
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMarch 21, 2016
A good way to enter into a different position, gain experience and build confidence. Desire to work full-time and permanently made it disappointing.
Pros
Able to gain experience in an unfamiliar field.
Cons
short term, no security
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton. WIJanuary 29, 2013
I came to ABR looking for help in my job search after returning from a second tour overseas. I wasn't having much luck until one of the girls took the time to help me with my resume and set me up with the JSA Vet program. Ultimately she did not find me my dream position but because of her help I am now a production manager with an amazing company. I will forever follow this recruiter as I am very impressed with the amount of integrity and passion she demonstrates for her field.

Thanks ABR Appleton!
Pros
employees truly care for their temps
Cons
management is rude on the phone
ABR - Found me work
Production Welder (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 25, 2012
I was found on a resume posting site by one of the girls at ABR. This agency treats you better than the others and not just like an lowly temp like some of the others. I have never been treated disresctfully or talked down to there. I was found a welding position almost instantly and my recruiter found me the perfect company. I think those girls have had 3-4 managers over the 6months annd when talking on the phone you can hear their current manager yelling at employees in the background. These girls still manage to do stay professional towarsd us no matter what.

Keep up the good work ABR!

Girls of ABR Calander on the Way???????????????????
Pros
good looking recruiters
Cons
mean boss, to many different faces
ABR lied to my face.
Fast pased line work (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc WIMay 23, 2015
I was sent to a company by this agency where the temporary workers didn't last long. The Supervisor would find any small excuse to yell at a worker, the Line Leaders would get very angry and yell if one of their workers couldn't keep up with the line, and the co workers would always put the blame on someone just to save themselves. The Tech people, would yell at workers if there was a Jam Up they had to fix. I was surprised I lasted as long as I did due to all the verbal abuse I went through in that place. After 3 months of working there, there was a layoff due to the company "slowing down" and ABR told me that they would be willing to help me out in finding another job. Couple of weeks passed and they offered me another job that I didn't like at all. I told them I wasn't comfortable working there and they asked me if I could just finish that week, while they find something else. I finished that week doing exactly what they asked. Couple years later I reapplied at ABR and I was denied work because I supposedly "walked out" on that last job "without notice" when I know I did notify them and finished the week like they asked me to. ABR lied to my face. What a shame.
Pros
Cons
Lies.
Productive and outgoing place to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIOctober 23, 2014
The employees of this company went above and beyond to find me the work I needed to expand my work experience. They were not afraid to give their employees the benefit of the doubt and to challenge them to go further in their careers. This company is by far the best company I have worked for.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
N/A
It was a decent place to try out different jobs.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIMarch 9, 2013
General labor, sometimes boring and repetitive. It was nice being able to work for a company before you tried to get in full time, so you could tell if it was going to work for you.
Pros
you decided how many hours you worked.
Cons
low pay.
the management and other ABR workers are really nice
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 16, 2014
the jobs are only temporary jobs. the management and other ABR workers are really nice.
Pros
the management and other ABR workers are really nice
Cons
the jobs are only temporary
no such thing as a guarantee
Material handler/ dock attendant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 9, 2013
I absolutely loved ABR as a staffing agency and believed they acted quick in finding employment for me. My last position was set up as a temp to permanent position. I thought I was doing well, never saw it coming, and worse yet wasn't given a valid explanation for why I was let go. I didn't find another position right away so I opted to go with another temp service. they tried to get me to resign with them to jump ship in the middle of a contract to take a better position with them. I later found out that it was close to $4.00 below market value for this position, and was purged from the records for not having safety boots in time for the position I agreed to take later on and asked for thier patience until the end of March so I could start in April. The woman who first placed me and had a good rapport/ weekly communication with each other left for a better job, so the newer employees didn't truly know my situation and made (what I believe to be) a terrible judgment call on me. How do I go from just missing my first two days medically excused, then working 40-56 hours a week for 1 and a half months, to... ah, we're gonna let you go and you can re-apply with us in 6 months.
Pros
Treat you like a person, most positions pay well and are temp to perm or direct hire.
Cons
I sense a dropoff in personnel will cause business to fade
Great Company
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MadisonMarch 24, 2015
Love working here, grew within very quickly. Great CEO and managers that really care. Can't wait to be here for the long run.
Fun Place to work
Machine Assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 7, 2012
I loved how I got to interact with the machine. I got to help put stuff on the machine, learn how they ran, The hardest part of the job was working 3rd shift. Running the machine until there was a problem and having to stop the machine to fix it and sometimes we couldnt fix the problem.
Pros
learning new things, how to run a machine, putting product on it
Cons
working 3rd shift
it was alright the pay was good
Crating Dept.-long term temp. job (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 16, 2015
Work was good and there were nice people working there. I am more skilled with building equipment and tools. The hardest part of the job was handling a nail gun all day it created shoulder problems. The holidays were nice when we had a party.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
i did not get hired on
Excellent place to work.
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 13, 2015
I worked for this company at two different companies on temporary assignments. At both locations there work good working conditions and pleasant, professional people.
good communication on expectarions
Assembler/General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMarch 12, 2015
I could ask questions at any time and I was always asked how things were going!

Love it! Good team work and pleasant job atmosphere!
Hardest part was when the job came to an end!
Pros
Get team work and communication
Cons
Not permenant
Temp agency with great positoins
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 17, 2014
Enjoyed working here. Was placed at a company for 9 months and I loved it. The best thing is you can work at different companies, gaining great work experience for your resume. The staff was always there if needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABR Employment Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9