ABRA Auto Body & Glass Employee Reviews

Great team to work for
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJune 22, 2017
Although the hours are long the team is great. I have never had more fun at a job in all my years of emploment. Abra is an excellent company to work for.
Pros
Great people
Cons
pay could be better
Horrible!!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 9, 2017
You basically are the one training yourself. Rude management. And low pay for being in Seattle and at the busiest Abra location in the US! Completely unorganized at this office!
Pros
Free coffee!
Cons
Rude management and poor training
Great environment!
Auto Collision Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJune 7, 2017
The workplace environment is fantastic! Management listens and responds to every worker's wishes and concerns. There is always something to do. Everyone works as a team. Overall the job is excellent! hours are 8AM-5PM so you still have your evenings, weekends are optional! The hardest part is the work itself, it is physically demanding and tiring, but this is the best place to work if you are a collision repair tech.
Pros
Long lunches, Holidays off, Excellent benefits, Tons of vacation time, They take great care of you!
Cons
long hours, management is forgetful
Did not make good on promises merely hire to fill a postion
Auto Body Technician (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILMay 20, 2017
Promised 80-100 hours of workable repairs per week but haven't provided on average more than 65.Very cramped conditions,outdated measuring system,very poor shop equipment.When you ask for updated equipment it is answered with the blank "why do you need that" response,really? how in the world do these people get hired to run a shop? GM took 2 months to figure out how to enroll me to time clock,not that i really care about that because i'm commission, just showing what i'm working with. District Manager seems like a great guy who knows his stuff just very disheartened with the fact that such a big company would put such incompetent people in charge of running their shops.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
hire more techs than needed so very little work for you
Good management, fast paced
Body Shop Technician (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMay 18, 2017
If you're good at what you do you can make a lot of money, if you're slow you don't make a lot. Could use more organization and Collaboration between estimates and technicians
Limitted opportunity for growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMay 15, 2017
Low pay for the amount of responsibility placed on your shoulders. Customers are allowed to talk down to employees, the polite ones are few and far between.
Great place to learn and work in the collision repair industry.
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 4, 2017
Excellent compensation and benefits, great coworkers and management, structured environment with the training and resources needed to succeed, opportunities for advancement and many locations to transfer. I regret leaving this employer and would definitely work for them again in the future.
unknown
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COMay 1, 2017
not a place for set schedules, focus is on production not administration, some flexibility in requesting time off work, not ergonomically designed as a work environment, not a team environment
Pros
local
Cons
no advancement opportunity
Cincinnati Upper Management
Auto Collision Adjuster/Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 1, 2017
The culture is atrocious in the Cincinnati Market. Ninety percent of their employees are disgruntled and looking to make a move to a different company. I believe the reason for this type of company morale starts with upper management. I no longer work there, and it is for good reason. Dismantle your upper management and maybe you will bring a morale that is conducive or better yet synonymous with productivity.
Opportunity at ABRA
Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 28, 2017
Day start with a shop meeting or 'board meeting' to determine work load, progress, issues and job delegation.
Interesting to learn about the application of repair material and reforming of sheet metal and plastic. The experience with management was a very positive one, with clear goals set and an overall secure environment. Other employees are always willing to help and teach where you may lack. It is hard getting to grips with the repair process but once familiar the satisfaction of a job well done is it's own reward.
Decent pay but poor benefits and management
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTApril 21, 2017
Went through 3 managers in a little over a year. The company is very disorganized and it's hard to find someone to provide help or answer questions. Employees are not treated well at all by upper management.
Just a typical body shop
Painter/Prepper (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
I've been with Abra for a year and a half now. The treated me very well for the first full year. With this new year I've tried to advance with the company, move closer to home, ask for a raise. They wouldn't give me any of that except a demotion. I can't say this goes for everyone just my experience right now is terrible.
Pros
Benefits/ theirs work
Cons
It's a corporation they only care about numbers.
eh
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAApril 13, 2017
Working here was fun at times if you can get into a decent shop. It can be slow in the beginning of the week but when thursday and friday hits it is a race to the finish
I've never been treated so inferior in a workplace..
Quality service technician (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILApril 12, 2017
I don't know where to begin with Abra.. I would never advise anyone, even an enemy to take a position here. This place will work you to the grave; and make sure you can't afford to see a doctor, unless you don't mind a 4 grand deductible. From having to train my replacement, then being fired via text, I would say this place was all around nonsense.
Pros
Free car wash
Cons
Every minute of being there
Run run run away
Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  WisconsinApril 11, 2017
Management what a joke!! Pay well if your not flat rate you get screwed over! Liked what I did but got nothing in return. Got sent to training once and had to beg for that. So run run away.
Cons
Management!!
Fix My Car, Why Sure, We Can Do That
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMarch 31, 2017
Fast paced work environment with many people daily in and out. Most have had their day wrecked by an unfortunate happening and just want to get in their car and resume to normal life. The team at ABRA tries to make that happen~
Positive place to work
Production Manager/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 30, 2017
Management was very good and helpful. Everyone was glad to be there and took pride in there work. Shop was very busy and has lot of room for advancement.
Many Issues
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2017
I am grateful to have met few great people. I got to learn how many car insurance work and rental places as well. Work flow its fast paced but it was good while it last. Not to speak bad about the management team but they were always changing things and telling me I'm doing it wrong. I had to keep customers updated. I had to count on the survey of customers so I chose to be honest in many updates I gave. My moments of clashing was when I was ask to give false information. I didn't believe that was the right thing to do and we it back fired on me.
Pros
Great piers
Cons
ABRA is a grand fathered promotional friends and family company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 25, 2017
ABRA is a great learning experience. Pros...everyone seems to be nice. Cons...it is very hard to get a pay raise if you do not have a mentor or friend/family at this company. Very fast paced work place. This company can be over whelming at a high volume store. Many of the employees are not happy with the pay rates with such a heavy work load. If you do not have a friend or family that works at the company you will be under paid and will not advance.
Pros
Employees are nice
Cons
no sick days, pay raises are very limited with out having a friend or family working inside the company.
Stay away.
Class A Body Tec (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2017
I worked for the former owners for over 20 years. The new company lost its personal touch. My paid went down. I'm an A class body man. They turned the production into Teams. I had to train and rework our repairs and share the hr $ on the tickets. The new management team does not care or have a personal touch with the team members. If you want to be a #, this is the place for you.
A few co-works left early on while I stuck it out.....we were told there would be FEW changes......They just wanted to keep people on board until They started changing the operation. Needless to say, they lost many people (including office staff) at most of the 11 CollisionMax locations.
I found a new home at a large, family owned, DRP, busy and 7 locations organization. Shows me there is plenty of collision work out there to support all the good shops in PA and S NJ.
The owners I work for now care that I ENJOY coming to work every day.
Pros
Cons
they dont care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABRA Auto Body & Glass. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8