Entry Level Field Sales Representative based in Silicon Valley covering northwest including Northern Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Western Canada
Abracon Corporation - www Abracon com
Job title: Field Salesperson – Northwest Territory
Outstanding opportunity for experienced electronics inside sales person seeking opportunity to move into field sales and work from home, rep, and distributor sales offices for newly created position. Candidate works closely with Sales Manager to grow business in the territory.
- Develop and work with manufacturer’s representatives to leverage sales efforts.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with end-customers and Engineering decision makers.
- Prospect for new clients and projects within territory.
- Meet and exceed sales and margin targets for the region.
- Formulate quote strategies
- Coordinate activities amongst our sales support staff and distribution team.
- Negotiate pricing between our customers and distributors.
- Track and report all opportunities within region
- Monitor key customers and update database.
- Monitor competitor activities, and complete a yearly business plan for the region.
- Develops/maintains thorough knowledge of industry structure/territory, applications, terminology, trends, and issues.
- Discovers/understands customer's primary business goals, operations, challenges, and requirements.
- Travel - This position requires frequent travel within the territory. Expectation is to be in the field 3-4 days a week. Inside sales and administrative support is provided for this position.
- 3+ Years electronic component industry sales experience
- Possess successful prospecting skills and techniques. (We are looking for a “hunter “able to develop new business not someone with an account manager mentality. )
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present information to others.
- Ability to work on own and initiate sales activities within the region working with manufacturers’ representatives, and local distributors.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities.
- Presentation skills for small to medium groups.
- Personal accountability, strong time management skills and results oriented with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
- High level of integrity and trust.
- Candidate must be able to work on many large projects at the same time.
- Ability to regularly travel within the region using own vehicle.
- Must demonstrate complete understanding of the electronic component industry sales process.
Experience & Education:
We will train a motivated candidate for field sales who is seeking to grow with the company. .
High School graduate required.
Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree preferred or some college along with direct related electronics industry sales experience. We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
First year compensation salary + commission $85K ++.
No cap on commission’s unlimited earning potential for successful candidate. First performance review conducted after 90 day probationary time period. Benefits include company paid medical, dental, vision. Company sponsored 401K plan is available after one year of employment.
Sales related travel and entertainment expenses reimbursed according to company policy.
Key words: Passive and Electromechanical Electronic Components, Semiconductor Sales, Crystals, Oscillators, Inductors, Transformers, Connectors, Antenna’s, Modules, RJ45 Jacks, Varistors, Thermistors, Capacitors, LED’s, Bluetooth, Sales Engineer, Applications Engineer, MEMS, Frequency Control, Outside Sales, Manufacturer Sales Representative, Distribution Sales, Arrow, Avnet, Future, Digi-Key, Mouser, Sager