Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College Employee Reviews

Overall, a fairly good place to work; however, there are significant issues.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAMay 25, 2017
Days vary from extremely busy to moderately busy. Work is engaging and enjoyable. Students are great! Benefits are great! Opportunities for advancement are rare, but lots of opportunities to take on new responsibilities.

Culture is tough - tense and secretive. Management's apparent "us against them" attitude toward employees keeps employees on edge and creates a culture of distrust.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with colleagues and students. The hardest part of the job is staying out of the crosshairs.
Pros
Opportunities for training and collaboration; friendly staff; excellent benefits.
Cons
Tense and secretive environment.
Excellent work place
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GAMay 17, 2017
Great place to work! Enjoy working with students and my cowokers. Very active with activities planned for our students. Enjoy the interaction that campus has for their students, staff and faculty.
Fun and great place to work
Music Department Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAMay 17, 2017
As the student office assistant for the Music Department at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College, I was required to create and maintain different filing programs for music as well as manage the uniform inventory and previous music inventory; I was also had basic office duties here as well.
Great place to work.
Marketing and Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GASeptember 8, 2016
ABAC is a great place to work. The faculty, staff, and administration have a family-minded relationship that is infectious to the people that begin their careers with the institution. The campus is magnificent and is the treasure in Tifton. I would recommend anyone looking to work in higher education to give ABAC a look.
Good undergraduate work
Under-Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAApril 6, 2016
Excellent opportunity to build my resume through being active and involved in under graduate research.
Good pay.
Easy environment, flexible hours.
Great Place for working
Assistant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GASeptember 9, 2015
I love being a AC, I got to work at my own paste and get the job done. My boss and other co-workers were a joy to work with. I love the job because I could listen to music whenever I like.
The system
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GAJanuary 23, 2015
It was government work. To move up you have to wait years for someone to retire. It was very cliquish, either you were in or out.
Friendly place to work
Migrant Education Consortium Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAOctober 7, 2014
Met various types of people throughout the State of Georgia and was able to visit different cities and towns. There are lots of nice and well mannered people in the State and each town has its own character. Co-workers I had were easy going and easy to work with. There was lots of teamwork among us and we each learned from each other. The driving in inclement weather was the roughest part of my job but we always seemed to make it through. I enjoyed working with students and their families. Helping folks whom are in need always gives me satisfaction, which was the best part of my job!
Pros
Challenging in motivating my workload to assure deadlines were met at all times.
Cons
Driving throughout the State of Georgia in inclement weather
Another Day on the Farm
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GAApril 17, 2014
I work at the ABAC farm, it is a fully functional row crop and cattle operation. Most work on the farm is done by students with the supervision of farm managers and employees.
Enjoyed helping others
Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAFebruary 10, 2014
I lova a typical day at work, i help others and sometimes i will learn new things!
Great for meeting new people and networking. Everyday was the same but different.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAJanuary 23, 2014
There was nothing typical about a day of work at this place. I learned quickly how to multi-task, manage my time better, and talk to people, how to react to certain situations. The management was excellent and were always around if you need help you with an issue, whether it was job related or personal. I believe the hardest part of the job to me was balancing a second job and college as well. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to interact with new people.
Great place to work and help high school students
Tutor Counselor/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAAugust 28, 2013
I helped plan the 6 week academic summer program. I assisted other tutor-counselors with the students by setting up events and making sure all students attended class. I also taught the math portion for 2 SAT/ACT Prep courses.
Pros
Getting to know and help students
Cons
No advancement opportunities and onlt worked for the summer
amazing teachers great education
student (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAJuly 10, 2013
teachers who care and great programs. have multiple campuses
Great Learning Experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAMay 23, 2013
Teaching students
How to manage my time and help others
Great help
They were all helpful and we worked together
Not being able to help
helping others learn
Pros
Being able to help. Growing someone else's knowledge
Cons
Not being able to help
Community Assistant
Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAAugust 6, 2012
Working on-call or at the the front desk for about four hours a day. Organizing files, duty logs, weekly reports, writing room condition forms, setting up programs for students to hang out and meet each other, educate people about ABAC.
I learned how keep an organized track of the buildings atmosphere through duty logs and weekly reports, learned how to lead a team to achieve one large goal. Also how to be a tour guide and persuade new coming students to enroll at ABAC.
My co-workers were very affective working together and could relie on others when acceptable to do so creating a very good team.
The hard part of the job was working over-nights because if a student locked themselves out at 3:00am we had to go let them in there rooms.
Pros
room and board was paid for, accessiblity to events, creating programs, and being a go-to-person for students
Cons
over-nights, on-call weekends