Abrams Media seeks a supremely reliable, nimble, and ambitious lead developer to join our team in our midtown office. We are a fast-growing digital media company presently publishing five different websites spanning interests from news and politics to entertainment and geek culture. You will love this job if you like smart people and a fast-paced, start-up environment. In this position, you will be responsible for system administration, back-end web development, and managing the workflow of our small tech team.
You should have experience with networking and related hardware, software, and services.
We use CentOS, Apache, and nginx
Back-end Web Development:
- Focuses on server-side programming for the web
- Developed at least one CMS or web application framework
- Understands object oriented PHP
- Knowledgeable about security compliance
- Knowledgeable about the DOM
- Knowledgeable about APIs
- Experience managing a hosting environment
- Experience managing databases
- Experience with command line tools
- Experience extending a CMS with custom coding
What we use:
In addition to a fun work atmosphere, Abrams Media provides our full-time employees with medical benefits, dental and vision options, a 401K program, commuter benefits, and a highly flexible leave program.
How to Apply
Please include a brief cover letter, a resume, and links to any relevant work samples that highlight the skills and experience outlined above.