Abrazo Health Care Employee Reviews

The management is an abomination
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2017
They promised to be accommodating with scheduling, yet scheduled me on the days that I requested off constantly. Management was so terrible, they don't listen or help when you ask for it, and HR was the same way when I filed a complaint. The night charge nurse would harass people for calling in. Rules and regulations on the floor were constantly changing. Lack of training. Unethical things going on within this facility due to laziness. I would suggest any facility in Arizona besides Abrazo as an employee. Worst work experience of my life. Run!
Pros
Patients were sweet, nice physicians
Cons
MANAGEMENT, the cafeteria, no consistency
Overworked and Underpaid
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousJune 16, 2016
All the strong staff left and have high turnover rate since. Due to this factor, new hires cannot be trained appropriately because as soon as the get the basics they are thrown into the position by themselves within the first week or two because they are so desperately needed which causes more reason for people to want to quit. It creates an overwhelming and stressful environment. Raises used to be 3% and even though your review was scored above a 3 your yearly increase was only 2 point Something % because that's all corporate would allow. No Christmas bonus or Christmas gifts etc from the company. Not even a thank you email or merry Christmas email. Clinic supervisor/managers has resorted to use money from their own pocket to show staff appreciation and thanks because corporporate management doesn't care. Your overwhelmed with work and due to being short staffed work 10-12hrs 5 days a week to catch up on your work. No communication and even the office managers are overwhelmed. They want to open more clinics and hire new providers but cant keep the staff they currently have or pay neat enough for the amount of work they are asked to do. They hire and start new providers before hiring and training MA for them . They want want want but don't give anything in return
Pros
Benefits are emmaculate and affordable. Opportunities to grow, great physicians, teamwork
Cons
No staff apprectiation from corporate, terrible communiction, overwhelming amount of work, low pay
No protection
Endoscopy Nurse (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 5, 2016
Run. No help from the charge she sits and talks and laughs Most of the day and about her kids or what she found on Pinterest. Never helps with heavy equipment being move from room to room, or room turn overs. She has never washed one scope in the 6 yrs I've been there, even when we are short handed. We have no meetings ever. If there is communication it's when the charge feels you did something wrong she usually embarrasses you in front of others in some dramatic way if not she yells on demeans you for not knowing. She's even changed the rules from day to day so you feel stressed all the time waiting to get corrected or demeaned in some way in front of coworkers. Often it's like watching a member of the herd be eaten by lions when she picks on them and there's nothing you can do. She's the only one laughing. We are running to keep up the turn over. Manager is controlling to a fault it's insane. She even corrects how we speak and introduce ourselves, like we are children. She sits with us at lunch and demeans us if the topic is not to her liking. She plays favorites and gives the less desired schedules to the ones who don't kiss her bottom. We spend our time keeping away as much as possible and protecting each other from her wrath and unpredictable mood swings. Management helps very little to
Guide us with such issues. Run.
Pros
Most Of the others people are nice. If they are not you are told basically to suck it up.
Cons
favorite's bad habits down played, Poor work by favorite's is ok, When you complain about harassment, management tells Everyone, No consideration for hard work
Run!
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Abrazo Central CampusSeptember 23, 2015
Giant breeding ground of filth! I have never worked in a more disgusting environment in my career! Contact patients are moved all over the hospital without any communication from the floors!
When contaminated equipment has been used management just wants you to hurry and "quickly" wipe things down. Total disregard for patient safety. Only worried about numbers and not upsetting doctors. When someone does stand up for safety issues you WILL stick out like a target! Not everyone wants to focus on safety here!
Employee safety is horrible! There are vagrants who have been found wandering closed areas of the facility for over a year now and nothing has been done! Doors are left propped open and unlocked all the time. No rules enforced on how many visitors to a patient room so there have been times random people walk in to patient care areas that do not belong. Security is a joke. I have personally reported safety concerns to security and nothing has been done. Do not feel safe there at all!!!
Employees are expected to work more and harder with less backup leaving us tired and overworked. THAT is not safe to our patients! When addressed with managers there is never an answer or solution.
Pros
Some areas really have a great team! While most dont.
Cons
Read the comment above....
Run!
regional office staff (Former Employee) –  regional officeMarch 20, 2016
This is a company that does not seem to care about the employees. My supervisor was a bully and despite being caught lying she still has a job. There is little regard for patients and employees so if your considering a job with Abrazo you may want to think twice. Worst place ive ever worked.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Great group of people to work with from the Pathologists to the phlebotomists.
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  MaryvaleMay 20, 2014
This group is the true definition of a team. Iinitial SOP training is incredibly thorough as well as the definition of expectations. Leads are incredibly helpful and believe in working together to accomplish the daily, weekly and laboratory goals. Management promotes education and growth. I transferred to another facility for benefits .
Pros
Hours, Personnel and management
Cons
Limited openings
Cath lab PVH
Cath lab (Former Employee) –  PVH bell and 51February 12, 2016
Staff sucks! No leadership, no ownership. Nobody cares.
Need the old people back from 2010 when this was a thriving going somewhere cath lab.
Dangerous and deadly now.
Pros
Great if you are lazy and dont want to work
Cons
No training, careless, no leadership
Best place to work
Medical records Auditor and Educator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2015
Challenging, Managerial support always available. Availability for promotions within the company. Always doing all to retain employees. Family atmosphere. Always something going on to keep employees motivated and appreciated.
Pros
Promotions, ETO time
Cons
Unique opportunity to build a strong managed care pharmacy team
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  PhoenixNovember 20, 2014
Abrazo is now owned by Tenet. The health plan operations side of the business is in the midst of transformation. It is an exciting time to be a part of a complete culture shift to compliance and quality.
Pros
Open to innovation
Cons
Stressful work and sometimes long hours
I was reasonably happy until I was laid off.
Medical Collector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2012
My initial orientation 4.5 years ago was poor due to disorganization by newly combined business office that was made up of staff from 5 different hospital business offices with virtually no P&P's to follow. Many co-workers and myself felt that management was not good and also not trustworthy when it came to handling personnel issues.
For the last 2 years we were told our jobs were save and not to worry about lay-offs that other healthcare systems were going through and they decided not to fill the 2 open collector positions. Then last October they decided to hire 4 collectors that put us way under the corporate standard of accounts per collector and on April 2012 they laid off 7collectors.
Terrible place to work, Terrible Management
Arrowhead (Former Employee) –  Arrowhead hospitalMay 21, 2015
High stress and low pay should be there motto. Management nonresponsive, discriminatory, and poorly trained. Its a true case of the patients running the asylum. If you want a job they seem to have plenty turnover so go for it, especially if you want to work for an organization that lacks ethics, morals and concern for the employee. The only reason they received one star is there is not a way to rank zero!
Pros
You can always find a better job elsewhere
Horrible experience!
Radiology (Former Employee) –  PeoriaOctober 11, 2013
Radiology manager was controlling and stood over me during an "anonymous" review of management! Absolutely abusive behavior over radiology techs & nurses.
Manager was only interested in getting under budget yearly at the employers expense so she qualifies for her yearly cruise.
No pool techs even when shorthanded! Staff was terrified of reporting manager because of repercussions!
No transport, everything done portable at the expense of the techs!
Pros
Cons
Just about everything!
Hostile environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Az May 27, 2013
Very cut throat environment, upper mgmt was a click ish environment including vp of hr. hostile work environment after sr vp of hr and vanguard compliance officer notified nothing done because they were friends. Perpetrator received "promotion" and only look out for themselves and not the employees. Do not recommend this org as a employer.
Pros
Cons
See below
This place sucks. Run for your life
HR (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 1, 2015
Turnover is extremely high at Abrazo West Campus. This is really a place that the motto it's who you know not what you know fits perfectly. I worked there almost 3 years and must say I have never worked for a company like this hospital.
Productive and inviting environment
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2014
I learned to assist in bone marrow collections, prepare slides, micro plating, pathology specimens, hemotology slide prep. great leadership skills, team building experience, night audit for am run preparation, great co-workers.
Pros
Job security, fast pace
Cons
minimal staff on shift 6p-630a
Productive and fun workplace where everyone concerned to do their job with high quiality standarts.
Central Service Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 29, 2014
Working as a SPD Lead Tech second shift I start with communicating with first shift lead going through detailed observation of surgical schedules. We are very busy department ,40 surgeries are average, so I make notes and plan what have to be done this shift. Manage and assist SPD staff with any questions and concerned. Concentrate on preparation of case carts : make sure that all trays are received, processed, and ready for next day cases. All my team are hard workers with different personalities and talents that is very useful for our department. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see that on the end of the shift everything done with high quality standards, and department ready for the next busy day for compassionate care to accomplish amazing things.
Decent Job
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AzOctober 28, 2014
Wasn't able to move up due to management. Not a bad job just certain aspects that made the job worse.
I really like working with our radiology departments. I have a close relationship with a lot of our site super users and fellow co-workers.
Clinical Imaging Administrator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2012
A typical day at work starts by checking/follwing up email and support tickets. Depending on what is going on I could learn a new issue with an application and I contact the vendor to start working towards a fix. A Radiologist could call in with a new issue that I have not seen before that I resolve and update our help guides. My co-workers work well together. I have my hands in almost all aspects of the IT department. I do testing on our applications as well as helping other teams with theirs. I also have to trouble shoot HL7 messages and work with that team to get the issue resolved. The hardest part of my job is supporting the hardware. It is hard to be at a site on a go live and get called to another site to replace a monitor or a mouse. I really enjoy my teammates and my super users. They make my job easier and fun to come to work. I also like when we implament a new application and working with the sites to maximize their new workflow.
Pros
i learn something new almost everyday.
Cons
i have to support hardware from mice to servers.
Interesting patrons to the Hospital.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Maryvale HospitalAugust 10, 2013
I have learned alot about how the Emergency room operates and how under appricated the ED RNs and medical staff are treated. The most enjoyable part is helping someone in need. The hardest part is dealing with the death of someone being treated at the Hospital.
Pros
My work schedule works well with my family schedule
Cons
No opportunity for growth or education.
Does not have a clear vision for the company or future
Manager, Medicare Call Center Operations (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2013
Small company wanting to be a big company but can't make the hard decisions.
Pros
local company.
Cons
local company without the ability to work nationally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abrazo Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4