Abrazo Health Care Employee Reviews

Pool nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2017
I have work for a Abrazo for many years as a float nurse. I work as needed and do 12 hours shifts. I love doing patient care as its the foundation to nursing.
Pros
work as needed and can work as little or as much as you like.
Cons
long days and often no breaks
Amazing Environment with superb staff and excellent co-workers
Credentialing Specialist - Temp (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2017
Abrazo Health Network - Corporate was an amazing place with staff and management who helped to encourage me to spread my wings and teach me how to do so in the most efficient and effective ways.
I would take another job at Abrazo in a heart beat.
Pros
In office cook for lunches, breakfasts, and snacks. Easy going staff
Cons
no cons
Comfortable, productive, easy going and family like environment
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2017
A typical day at work would be work production, relax, easy, everyone great.
What I learned, work environment that can really ease your mind with great team and family like- a great team player
Management is great, always there, flexible and understable
There's nothing to explain what is the hardest part of the job
Pros
Always have food, taken out as a department, and treated as fairly
Cons
not much to say
Overall great place to work
RNC, BSN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2017
Keep record of everything yousign. Management doesnt seem to micromanage but being a for profit they are looking out for number 1

They are generous with salary and benefits
All education counts toward payment differentials
Pros
Money
Cons
Hr
Great teamwork, highly competitive wages, positive energy
CM for pilot Kathleen Hawkins, VP (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 4, 2017
Good Hospital, friendly and helpful staff. The Vice President of the Abrazo Case Management is extremely helpful and supportive. Educational opportunities abound for all to share, both online and off site. I really enjoyed my time at Arrowhead Hospital as a nurse case manager and would definitely rehire to Arrowhead again
Difficult to say
RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2017
Each facility runs slightly differently. Generally you work hard during your shift no matter where you are, but sometimes it is clear you get tougher assignments than regular staff just because you are registry. It is not "management heavy" work culture and some support nurses better than others.
The management is an abomination
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2017
They promised to be accommodating with scheduling, yet scheduled me on the days that I requested off constantly. Management was so terrible, they don't listen or help when you ask for it, and HR was the same way when I filed a complaint. The night charge nurse would harass people for calling in. Rules and regulations on the floor were constantly changing. Lack of training. Unethical things going on within this facility due to laziness. I would suggest any facility in Arizona besides Abrazo as an employee. Worst work experience of my life. Run!
Pros
Patients were sweet, nice physicians
Cons
Management, the cafeteria, no consistency
Overworked and Underpaid
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousJune 16, 2016
All the strong staff left and have high turnover rate since. Due to this factor, new hires cannot be trained appropriately because as soon as the get the basics they are thrown into the position by themselves within the first week or two because they are so desperately needed which causes more reason for people to want to quit. It creates an overwhelming and stressful environment. Raises used to be 3% and even though your review was scored above a 3 your yearly increase was only 2 point Something % because that's all corporate would allow. No Christmas bonus or Christmas gifts etc from the company. Not even a thank you email or merry Christmas email. Clinic supervisor/managers has resorted to use money from their own pocket to show staff appreciation and thanks because corporporate management doesn't care. Your overwhelmed with work and due to being short staffed work 10-12hrs 5 days a week to catch up on your work. No communication and even the office managers are overwhelmed. They want to open more clinics and hire new providers but cant keep the staff they currently have or pay neat enough for the amount of work they are asked to do. They hire and start new providers before hiring and training MA for them . They want want want but don't give anything in return
Pros
Benefits are emmaculate and affordable. Opportunities to grow, great physicians, teamwork
Cons
No staff apprectiation from corporate, terrible communiction, overwhelming amount of work, low pay
No protection
Endoscopy Nurse (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 5, 2016
Run. No help from the charge she sits and talks and laughs Most of the day and about her kids or what she found on Pinterest. Never helps with heavy equipment being move from room to room, or room turn overs. She has never washed one scope in the 6 yrs I've been there, even when we are short handed. We have no meetings ever. If there is communication it's when the charge feels you did something wrong she usually embarrasses you in front of others in some dramatic way if not she yells on demeans you for not knowing. She's even changed the rules from day to day so you feel stressed all the time waiting to get corrected or demeaned in some way in front of coworkers. Often it's like watching a member of the herd be eaten by lions when she picks on them and there's nothing you can do. She's the only one laughing. We are running to keep up the turn over. Manager is controlling to a fault it's insane. She even corrects how we speak and introduce ourselves, like we are children. She sits with us at lunch and demeans us if the topic is not to her liking. She plays favorites and gives the less desired schedules to the ones who don't kiss her bottom. We spend our time keeping away as much as possible and protecting each other from her wrath and unpredictable mood swings. Management helps very little to
Guide us with such issues. Run.
Pros
Most Of the others people are nice. If they are not you are told basically to suck it up.
Cons
favorite's bad habits down played, Poor work by favorite's is ok, When you complain about harassment, management tells Everyone, No consideration for hard work
Run!
regional office staff (Former Employee) –  regional officeMarch 20, 2016
This is a company that does not seem to care about the employees. My supervisor was a bully and despite being caught lying she still has a job. There is little regard for patients and employees so if your considering a job with Abrazo you may want to think twice. Worst place ive ever worked.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Cath lab PVH
Cath lab (Former Employee) –  PVH bell and 51February 12, 2016
Staff sucks! No leadership, no ownership. Nobody cares.
Need the old people back from 2010 when this was a thriving going somewhere cath lab.
Dangerous and deadly now.
Pros
Great if you are lazy and dont want to work
Cons
No training, careless, no leadership
This place sucks. Run for your life
HR (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 1, 2015
Turnover is extremely high at Abrazo West Campus. This is really a place that the motto it's who you know not what you know fits perfectly. I worked there almost 3 years and must say I have never worked for a company like this hospital.
Best place to work
Medical records Auditor and Educator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2015
Challenging, Managerial support always available. Availability for promotions within the company. Always doing all to retain employees. Family atmosphere. Always something going on to keep employees motivated and appreciated.
Pros
Promotions, ETO time
Run!
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Abrazo Central CampusSeptember 23, 2015
Giant breeding ground of filth! I have never worked in a more disgusting environment in my career! Contact patients are moved all over the hospital without any communication from the floors!
When contaminated equipment has been used management just wants you to hurry and "quickly" wipe things down. Total disregard for patient safety. Only worried about numbers and not upsetting doctors. When someone does stand up for safety issues you WILL stick out like a target! Not everyone wants to focus on safety here!
Employee safety is horrible! There are vagrants who have been found wandering closed areas of the facility for over a year now and nothing has been done! Doors are left propped open and unlocked all the time. No rules enforced on how many visitors to a patient room so there have been times random people walk in to patient care areas that do not belong. Security is a joke. I have personally reported safety concerns to security and nothing has been done. Do not feel safe there at all!!!
Employees are expected to work more and harder with less backup leaving us tired and overworked. THAT is not safe to our patients! When addressed with managers there is never an answer or solution.
Pros
Some areas really have a great team! While most dont.
Cons
Read the comment above....
Terrible place to work, Terrible Management
Arrowhead (Former Employee) –  Arrowhead hospitalMay 21, 2015
High stress and low pay should be there motto. Management nonresponsive, discriminatory, and poorly trained. Its a true case of the patients running the asylum. If you want a job they seem to have plenty turnover so go for it, especially if you want to work for an organization that lacks ethics, morals and concern for the employee. The only reason they received one star is there is not a way to rank zero!
Pros
You can always find a better job elsewhere
Unique opportunity to build a strong managed care pharmacy team
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  PhoenixNovember 20, 2014
Abrazo is now owned by Tenet. The health plan operations side of the business is in the midst of transformation. It is an exciting time to be a part of a complete culture shift to compliance and quality.
Pros
Open to innovation
Cons
Stressful work and sometimes long hours
Decent Job
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AzOctober 28, 2014
Wasn't able to move up due to management. Not a bad job just certain aspects that made the job worse.
Get Boss
PCA Personal Care Assistant - Fool (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2014
Working with some great nurses.
Always learning something new
Sometime it can be very busy with patients
Productive and fun workplace where everyone concerned to do their job with high quiality standarts.
Central Service Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 29, 2014
Working as a SPD Lead Tech second shift I start with communicating with first shift lead going through detailed observation of surgical schedules. We are very busy department ,40 surgeries are average, so I make notes and plan what have to be done this shift. Manage and assist SPD staff with any questions and concerned. Concentrate on preparation of case carts : make sure that all trays are received, processed, and ready for next day cases. All my team are hard workers with different personalities and talents that is very useful for our department. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see that on the end of the shift everything done with high quality standards, and department ready for the next busy day for compassionate care to accomplish amazing things.
Productive and inviting environment
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2014
I learned to assist in bone marrow collections, prepare slides, micro plating, pathology specimens, hemotology slide prep. great leadership skills, team building experience, night audit for am run preparation, great co-workers.
Pros
Job security, fast pace
Cons
minimal staff on shift 6p-630a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abrazo Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9