Abrazo Health Care

Abrazo Health Care Employer Reviews

Decent Job
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AzOctober 28, 2014
Wasn't able to move up due to management. Not a bad job just certain aspects that made the job worse.
Get Boss
PCA Personal Care Assistant - Fool (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2014
Working with some great nurses.
Always learning something new
Sometime it can be very busy with patients
Productive and fun workplace where everyone concerned to do their job with high quiality standarts.
Central Service Lead Tech (Current Employee), Glendale, AZSeptember 29, 2014
Working as a SPD Lead Tech second shift I start with communicating with first shift lead going through detailed observation of surgical schedules. We are very busy department ,40 surgeries are average, so I make notes and plan what have to be done this shift. Manage and assist SPD staff with any questions and concerned. Concentrate on preparation of case carts : make sure that all trays are received, processed, and ready for next day cases. All my team are hard workers with different personalities and talents that is very useful for our department. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see that on the end of the shift everything done with high quality standards, and department ready for the next busy day for compassionate care to accomplish amazing things.
Productive and inviting environment
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2014
Pros: job security, fast pace
Cons: minimal staff on shift 6p-630a
I learned to assist in bone marrow collections, prepare slides, micro plating, pathology specimens, hemotology slide prep. great leadership skills, team building experience, night audit for am run preparation, great co-workers.
Great group of people to work with from the Pathologists to the phlebotomists.
Med Tech (Former Employee), MaryvaleMay 20, 2014
Pros: hours, personnel and management
Cons: limited openings
This group is the true definition of a team. Iinitial SOP training is incredibly thorough as well as the definition of expectations. Leads are incredibly helpful and believe in working together to accomplish the daily, weekly and laboratory goals. Management promotes education and growth. I transferred to another facility for benefits .
Horrible experience!
Radiology (Former Employee), PeoriaOctober 11, 2013
Cons: just about everything!
Radiology manager was controlling and stood over me during an "anonymous" review of management! Absolutely abusive behavior over radiology techs & nurses.
Manager was only interested in getting under budget yearly at the employers expense so she qualifies for her yearly cruise.
No pool techs even when shorthanded! Staff was terrified of reporting manager because of repercussions!
No transport, everything done portable at the expense of the techs!
Interesting patrons to the Hospital.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Maryvale HospitalAugust 10, 2013
Pros: my work schedule works well with my family schedule
Cons: no opportunity for growth or education.
I have learned alot about how the Emergency room operates and how under appricated the ED RNs and medical staff are treated. The most enjoyable part is helping someone in need. The hardest part is dealing with the death of someone being treated at the Hospital.
Hostile environment
Employee (Former Employee), AzMay 27, 2013
Cons: see below
Very cut throat environment, upper mgmt was a click ish environment including vp of hr. hostile work environment after sr vp of hr and vanguard compliance officer notified nothing done because they were friends. Perpetrator received "promotion" and only look out for themselves and not the employees. Do not recommend this org as a employer.
cardiac cath lab
former (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2013
Cons: everything
do not an i repeat do not work here. overbearing obnoxious hard headed an non compliant in evry way
Does not have a clear vision for the company or future
Manager, Medicare Call Center Operations (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2013
Pros: local company.
Cons: local company without the ability to work nationally.
Small company wanting to be a big company but can't make the hard decisions.
I really like working with our radiology departments. I have a close relationship with a lot of our site super users and fellow co-workers.
Clinical Imaging Administrator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2012
Pros: i learn something new almost everyday.
Cons: i have to support hardware from mice to servers.
A typical day at work starts by checking/follwing up email and support tickets. Depending on what is going on I could learn a new issue with an application and I contact the vendor to start working towards a fix. A Radiologist could call in with a new issue that I have not seen before that I resolve and update our help guides. My co-workers work well together. I have my hands in almost all aspects of the IT department. I do testing on our applications as well as helping other teams with theirs. I also have to trouble shoot HL7 messages and work with that team to get the issue resolved. The hardest part of my job is supporting the hardware. It is hard to be at a site on a go live and get called to another site to replace a monitor or a mouse. I really enjoy my teammates and my super users. They make my job easier and fun to come to work. I also like when we implament a new application and working with the sites to maximize their new workflow.
I was reasonably happy until I was laid off.
Medical Collector (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2012
My initial orientation 4.5 years ago was poor due to disorganization by newly combined business office that was made up of staff from 5 different hospital business offices with virtually no P&P's to follow. Many co-workers and myself felt that management was not good and also not trustworthy when it came to handling personnel issues.
For the last 2 years we were told our jobs were save and not to worry about lay-offs that other healthcare systems were going through and they decided not to fill the 2 open collector positions. Then last October they decided to hire 4 collectors that put us way under the corporate standard of accounts per collector and on April 2012 they laid off 7collectors.

About Abrazo Health Care

Abrazo Health Care is an award-winning health care system, operating an array of hospitals, specialty institutes, a medical group, – Read more

Abrazo Health Care Salaries