Abrazo West Campus Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 9, 2017
Run, don't walk! Poor management, ICU director cut throat, sexist and unprofessional. Coworkers are clicky, if you don't fit in you are doomed! Unfair assignments, new nurses orienting other nurses and placed in charge. Trauma surgeon is aggressive and unprofessional. Good luck on leaving with your license intact! Scary place to work!
Official response from Abrazo West Campus
December 10, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

The people are great
Med Tech Generalist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZOctober 21, 2017
It's very easy to make friends here. People work together and there is not competition between departments. They pay well and the benefits are decent.
Official response from Abrazo West Campus
October 22, 2017

We appreciate your positive review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Abrazo West's success.

I adore my co-workers
Lab Assistant for a Level 1 Trauma Center (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 4, 2017
I love the people I work with, Absolutely. We have fun when we can, and keep an upbeat attitude in order to preserve the morale of the lab. I trust them to do their job.
Level 1 Trauma
Staff Nurse ICU 22 Bed Unit /Elective 6 Bed (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZAugust 28, 2017
Work demanding, assignments unfair. Staff to young and inexperienced. Poor axillary support. Poor computer support and system down to much. Extreme Level 1 Trauma with very few experienced Trauma nurses, as well as not enough trauma Doctors. Poor equipment maintenance.
I enjoyed meeting the staff and the state of Arizona was great.
Pros
Dr. on staff at night
Cons
poor ability to keep staff and to assign fairly
high paced environment
Lead Neurological Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  phoenix azAugust 12, 2017
high paced environment for critical ill patients. Great learning environment. Culture is great, great team work, administration is very supportive of staff
Great place to work but Management is horrible
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJuly 19, 2017
Not a friendly place to work and the management is constantly changing. They is a lot of inexperience nurses in management and there is a lot of bullying an discrimination that is overlooked
Great Work Environment
Call Center Representative • Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 27, 2017
Fun friendly staff, great place to work. Happy environment. Easy to work with co-workers. No cons. Patients are a little rough to deal with but over all manageable.
Not a bad place to start
Charge Nurse/Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 31, 2017
Not a bad place for a new nurse to start their career but by no means would it be the last place that someone should finish their career at. The work environment is hostile as their are quite a few unhappy people here but I think that is just part of the nature of working in the operating room.
Amazing place to work
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMay 3, 2017
Culture lead by Great leadership. Great place to work. Great opportunity, patient care and benefits. Loved working here. I can't say enough about this place!
Pros
too many
Great flexibility
Patient Safety Associate (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZApril 30, 2017
I was hired on as a pool employee and it has been very convenient to be able to make my own schedule as long as I meet the minimum schedule requirements.
Professional work environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, ArizonaApril 5, 2017
Working at Abrazo was a professional environment with many responsibilities, however, Human Resources and the Executive team were always making sure their employees, customers, visitors, and guests were satisfied. They often had days for employees (RN Day, Human Resources Day, Med Staff Day, etc.) to involve and encourage employees to do well. All were treated with respect and taken into consideration.
Manager, Perioperative Business Services (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMarch 10, 2017
The leadership is there to support you and help with advancement. i learned a lot from working there. I was sad to leave but I relocated to California
Just OK to work for
RN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZFebruary 16, 2017
Management is only concerned about patient satisfaction if a patient commit that they didn't receive their pain medication in a timely manner it's held against you
Just a stepping stone
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 15, 2016
Offers a good learning experience but as the hospital grows, it fails to educate it's current staff who are used to patients of lower severity illnesses. Career wise, start here but don't stay. Poorly run hospital with questionable leadership from the top down. My coworkers would rather just collect a paycheck than advance their department. Little ambition and excitement regarding their profession is toxic. Little evidence-based practice utilized here. I wouldn't advise a loved one to seek treatment here.
Pros
Flexible schedules, high PRN rates, smaller departments
Cons
Poor management, poor staff communication, limited resources, low standards, lacking respect between staff of different departments
Crazy place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZOctober 13, 2016
The management here sucks they only care about themselves and nobody else they over work you and dont care for you at all. I would never work for this kitchen ever
growing hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 24, 2016
was hired on after working for a traveling agency, was exciting to learn all the things that was taught on textbook on a hands on experience. changes within the management started to be more frequent as well as new coworkers being hired with problems arising and no follow through from management to correct
Unfair treatment
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 18, 2016
Very caddy staff members in the Respiratory depratment. Gossiping, racial, sexist comments made among staff members. Very uncomfortable environment. They had clicks so if you were not part of the click, you did not fit in. Be careful with management, all favoritism when it comes to policies. Nothing kept personal, HR shares your business with other staff. Very horribly run hospital. Go the other way.

Staffing issues, some work hard, others sit around.
Pros
They will have work, poorly staffed.
Cons
You can lose your license in this place
Great team work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 6, 2016
Great team work and flexibility when training new graduates. The work schedules were flexible and easily adaptable. The environment was fun and there were endless learning opportunities.
Pros
employer matched 401k contributions
Cons
night shift
Hardworking, punctual, teamworker, multilingual, computer hardware and software repair, great sense of humor
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 11, 2016
The best patient care starts with professional communication with coworkers, physicians, CNAs, and other healthcare workers in order to provide the best care possible for the patient-center care. Some times, the hardest part of the job is delegating the tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the patient being satisfied.
Needs to wipe out all management and start over
RN (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZNovember 15, 2015
Figured why this place of employment has a revolving door. Too bad, because I worked with such a great team of coworkers! Management is the issue here, and the reason they are losing so many great nurses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abrazo West Campus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9