Absolut Care of Westfield Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Terrible management and terrible staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYOctober 14, 2017
Everything about this place sucks. The CNAs are always understaffed and no one cares to help or call for help. Sweat box for sure...and everyone is has their own cliques
Pros
Resident Care
Cons
Everything sucks. Unorganized
Lots of caring people at the absolut a nice place to work with seniors who are like family
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NYAugust 15, 2017
I worked at the absolut for 3 and a half years in the kitchen. While most days were challenging because we were always under staffed we still managed to get done on time because we had to step up and work together. I loved working here because of the seniors they were like family to me.
Pros
Make friends, the feeling of taking care of someone ❤
Cons
Negativity, call offs, short staffed, poor management
Was easy to move up...at a cost
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NYAugust 6, 2017
Facility is beautiful. Staff work hard, understaffed, and mostly with agency staff members.
When i was there, there was a lot of bullying. High demand for your time, driven to do more even on weekends. Asking for time off in management was a joke. You earn it, but there is no opportunity to take it, and if you do, you are treated like you were slighting administration. Thankful for the experience, would not work for this company ever again.
don't work there
bend over (Former Employee) –  nyJuly 12, 2015
This place is a dump under staffed,paid, no respect,demanding administrator,selfish upper management back stabbing, just a bad place to work and it's a sweat box type of place with not much of a future
Pros
nothing good
Cons
everything
enter with caution
LPN (Former Employee) –  Westfield NYApril 19, 2015
Very little respect is shown to the employees working on the floor. There were no actual meetings or information updates given,only word of mouth,primarily work with agency employees and everyone is told they are expendable if they don't like something. Just take a look at the volume of jobs open proves this is right. The phase "How would you know anything,you are only a LPN?" Has been said more than once by the Administrator on issues from ordering supplies to listening to a resident. Facility has a very poor reputation for a reason. Best to stay away.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no respect, no job security, short staffed
Great place to start your nursing career.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NYApril 10, 2014
I learned so much working here. They are very technologically advanced are always there to teach you what you need to know in this field. The supervisors are very knowledgeable.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
low pay
Absolut is a skilled nursing facility located in New York State
Activities Aide (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYJune 4, 2013
As an activities aide I learned valuable interpersonal skills, as well as how to work with others in a team setting.
Very family oriented
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYNovember 7, 2012
A typical day at work is coming in and greeting the same wonderful people you see on a daily basis. I have learned patience and endurance with this position. My co-workers on the Unit I work are team players and we work together to get done what is needed for the daily care of our residents. The hardest part of the job is working understaffed, we try to give the best quality care possible no matter the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the residents face when I walk in to greet them. That is the most rewarding, and to have the families thank me for taking such good care of their loved ones.
Pros
lots of extended hours, personal time given
Cons
understaffed most of the time