Absolut Care of Westfield Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
enter with caution
LPN (Former Employee) –  Westfield NYApril 19, 2015
Very little respect is shown to the employees working on the floor. There were no actual meetings or information updates given,only word of mouth,primarily work with agency employees and everyone is told they are expendable if they don't like something. Just take a look at the volume of jobs open proves this is right. The phase "How would you know anything,you are only a LPN?" Has been said more than once by the Administrator on issues from ordering supplies to listening to a resident. Facility has a very poor reputation for a reason. Best to stay away.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no respect, no job security, short staffed
don't work there
bend over (Former Employee) –  nyJuly 12, 2015
This place is a dump under staffed,paid, no respect,demanding administrator,selfish upper management back stabbing, just a bad place to work and it's a sweat box type of place with not much of a future
Pros
nothing good
Cons
everything
Very family oriented
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYNovember 7, 2012
A typical day at work is coming in and greeting the same wonderful people you see on a daily basis. I have learned patience and endurance with this position. My co-workers on the Unit I work are team players and we work together to get done what is needed for the daily care of our residents. The hardest part of the job is working understaffed, we try to give the best quality care possible no matter the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the residents face when I walk in to greet them. That is the most rewarding, and to have the families thank me for taking such good care of their loved ones.
Pros
lots of extended hours, personal time given
Cons
understaffed most of the time
Great place to start your nursing career.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NYApril 10, 2014
I learned so much working here. They are very technologically advanced are always there to teach you what you need to know in this field. The supervisors are very knowledgeable.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
low pay
Absolut is a skilled nursing facility located in New York State
Activities Aide (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYJune 4, 2013
As an activities aide I learned valuable interpersonal skills, as well as how to work with others in a team setting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absolut Care of Westfield. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8