Absolut Care Employee Reviews

Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Painted Post, NYAugust 28, 2017
Good staff
Good residents
Happy Atmosphere
Good relationship with other departments
Opportunities galore for teaching and learning

one problem staff.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
one staff member
Productive and advanced for the clients
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 15, 2017
I enjoy working for the company but the pay rate isn't enough and there is no benefits. The people I work with are wonderful I have no other complaints about the company.
Pros
free lunch very often
Cons
no benefits
we got award for somethings
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 15, 2017
I loved my jobs because they all gave me the chance to work by myself without someone directly over me, they told us to do the job and we did the job,.
Cons
no overtime
Dietary aide
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYMay 14, 2017
I love working here. Some coworkers can be rude and hard to work with but that's just like anywhere else. My supervisors are great and I love my hours and love interacting with residents and their families. Only downfall is the pay is a little less than deserved and sometimes bosses don't really care about your health. Overall though, I love this job.
Pros
Residents, supervisors, hours
Cons
Pay, some rude workers
Absolute Care is a great company to work and grow with.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 1, 2017
It is CNA work and therefore can be hard at times but the clients are friendly and sweet people to work with.

The management will answer any questions very quickly and compassionately
Pros
You almost get to set your days and times.
Cons
You never know what your walking into when going to a clients home.
Ok
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Painted Post, NYMarch 30, 2017
I loved being a CNA but now since I also work at pathways I see how much stress I had from working as a CNA. I feel bad when a resident wants to talk and you have to tell them you don't have the down time to sit and talk.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
The stress i had from it
Getting better, but needs improvement
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMarch 27, 2017
Nursing homes, in general are tough places to work. The Administrators have a great many tasks, and should be commended for what they have to do. This applies to Absolut care. For Social Services, the job scope is vast, and is expected to be the crutch and glue to hold all departments accountable. This is unrealistic, and a daunting tasks.

Training is non-existent to all departments. In my view this leads to unpredictability, and lack of continuity in care. With that being said, many people do a commendable job.

The culture is improving thanks to the Administrator.

In my case, I take responsibility of my actions, and am humbly reminded of the importance of emotional intelligence.

I am proud of what I've accomplished, and stand by the work that I have done. I've made great strides in improving the resident experience, and was committed to helping. I am happy with the relationships I've built, and the lives I've improved.
Pros
Helping others, thoughtful Administrator
Cons
Training for all departments
Great environment and love the residents
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Allegheny County, nyMarch 22, 2017
I loved working for this company mainly for the residents. Also I received a raise quickly after starting and my boss was going d with works ng around/with my schedule for hours.
Pros
Lunch and short breaks. Friendly
Cons
Short staffed
Unprofessional,
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLMarch 10, 2017
You're not appreciated, 24hr shifts, they hire anyone thieves and drug addicts, employees are not drug tested, sometimes fail 2 report thief and abuse to authorities.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unprofessional management, put in situations to work outside scope of practice
n/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYMarch 8, 2017
n/a n/a unorganized scheduling is crazy,, I am typing more to fill the characters a fay at the job was crazy. I learned not all nursing homes are the same
fun place.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Aurora, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Good place to work at. Lots of team work i would recommend this work place to anyone looking for a job been there 10 years. My job title there was to provide help to the elderly with all daily activities.The culture was good had good solid workers, decent management. Hardest part of my job was when i losing residents. Most enjoyable part of my job was connecting with the resident trying everyday to put a smile on there face for the time i was there.
Pros
union, decent wages
Cons
insurance expensive
Dietary Aide
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Setting tables, prepping drinks, serving tables, doing dishes, cleaning. The job was very fast paced but I enjoyed serving and talking with the residents.
Family
Professional (Current Employee) –  Houghton, nyJanuary 3, 2017
I have worked at this location for over 30 years as a professional. It has not always been a wonderful place to work... Currently it is! Much of the management team is like family. We take care of each other and look out for each other. In addition our corporate structure has become more supportive; with a lot more professional mentouring occurring. I enjoy working here.
Pros
Management Team is fun
Cons
Managers don't get holidays off
productive and fun work place filled with nice people.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJanuary 2, 2017
a typical day at absolute care was basically a day when i come to the job put my gloves on ,and work in the kitchen like as a chef in a restaurant just dietary for the elder .I've worked with people over the age of me who showed me power moves into being a good worker.
the management was good but could have been better.the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the pace a fast learner like me was able to keep ahead so it wasn't as much as a struggle to me the most enjoyable parts was the other employees had great co-workers .
Pros
free lunch, lots of overtime
Cons
the amount of pay
Long hours and short staff.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NYDecember 22, 2016
The hours are long. Expected to do the impossible at times. Always short of staff. Few workers are expected to pick up slack. Lack of professionalism. Never a thank you for a job well done. The residents are our family. That's why the few good employees are still there.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
Short or no breaks. Long hours to complete the impossible
Management is the worst
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYDecember 15, 2016
Mostly all of Management is the WORST i have ever worked with in my life. They sweep things under the rug constantly and straight up do not care for their employees. Unless you call in every other day, then you are treated like gold. Harassment by staff to staff is not taken seriously and no consequences are given. So many problems and patient care problems are put off until problems are practically irreversible. You can tell this facility's management priorities are in making money and not truely caring for our patients and staff. Constantly short staffed as well. The entire place is dirty and equipment doesn't work properly.
Most floor staff are wonderful and work as a team.
Pros
Decent benefits only if you're full time, the residents, great floor staff
Cons
Management!!
Worst place ever worked at in my career!
Professional (Former Employee) –  Houghton, NYDecember 1, 2016
Dishonest shady management who march around making themselves look good while your drowning in work!! Policies with no purpose and no solid structure to the work environment/day! This place breeds an environment where your coworkers are cohearsed to throw you under the bus! You can think your doing your best and be fired upon arrival and your replacement was already hired behind your back. Your required to pick up slack for other disciplines when you yourself can't keep up with daily grind...and others will be quick to point out what you didn't do despite helping others. Makes no sense ..don't waste your time here
Pros
Pay about the same as other places
Cons
Required to work weekends/many holidays/Dishonest management
Not a good place to work at all
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYNovember 30, 2016
Absolut care isnt a good working environment, coworkers are rude, alot of call offs, not really orangized, mangers are unprofessional & not good pay at all.
Pros
Good union free dental
Cons
Unreliable coworkers
Management is terrible and only hires terrible people
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Houghton, NYNovember 30, 2016
Not all management that work there is bad but usually you will have these three people of power making life terrible for others who work there even other management! Those are the HR worker, administrator, Maintenance director, ya may hear different but those three rule the roost and only care for their benefit. HR and the director are quick to run and skeem to the admin. They are very dishonest and will smile in your face while just simply disrespecting you. If one gets fired they will hire someone that will be just as bad as them and if ya arnt you wont last. The building goes through stages and usually if a new admin comes in you can count on them cleaning out people to make it look like they are progressing in their broken system. The most dishonest and well sketchy will stick around. If ya wanna last there ya gotta be prepared to be walked all over when their sights are on you. I say you are better of looking somewhere else. P.s 1961 is not my start date :p
Pros
Residents
Run far far away from
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NYNovember 16, 2016
Absolutely the worst place I ever worked. Always short staffed and the residents suffer because of it. Maybe they would be able to find adequate staff if they treated their employees better. Mangement has no clue how to treat their employees respectfully. I was spoken down to and yelled at almost eveyday in front of co-workers, as well as seen it happen to other employees. Nothing like being used an abused.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the job was a con

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absolut Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9