Absolute Dental Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
no job security
General Dentist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2017
the benefits are terrible, the people sitting at the top levels are unfair. It is not the best place to work, will not recommend it. The way thier pay system works is incomprehensible.
Pros
no pros
Cons
pay
Dead end job
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2017
Elgibility dept has no room for growth. You do the same thing everyday and they will never offer you a raise. It was a boring cubicle job and no one is allowed to talk to eachother
Pros
Cons
dead end job
Absolute(ly) GREAT place to work and love being a dental patient!!!!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2017
Love working here. It's fast pace and very team oriented culture. Management provides tools for you to succeed. If you want to be in a successful growing company, this is the place to work!!
Pros
Coming in to work!!!
Cons
Dental office closed on Weekends for teeth check ups :(
Boring
Costumer services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2017
Bad place to work. Very hard to work there, bad management, no education, poor costumer. People always waiting a long time to be call and people are always leaving
It was okay to work for
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2017
Absolute dental has taught me alot and gave me a foot in the door. but it was very crazy busy at times and i always came home tired! they are very understaffed
Busy and great learning experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 17, 2017
I learned a lot working at Absolute Dental for 8 years. I formed long lasting friendships with a lot of the staff. Was able to advance up to a management positon within 3 years and relocated to Reno from Las Vegas. Good experience for the most part.
New Management, Improved Culture
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corporate OfficeMarch 8, 2017
I have been working here for almost 6 months. The new company is very focused on not only improving the actual practices themselves, but culture company wide. They are striving to promote from within and are open to change and suggestions from employees at all levels. I have had the ability to do so and enjoy coming to work every day. I highly recommend working here.
Pros
Upward mobility, positive culture, fun environment
Horrible to work for!
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  NevadaJanuary 6, 2017
Name of the game??? PRODUCTION PRODUCTION PRODUCTION, OR get SHAMED, DEMOTED OR FIRED...
So desperate for Dentists and Hygienists they take bottom of the barrel, retired or brand new dentists - and keep them by paying their student loans. They work their staff to the point of frustration, exhaustion and they end up leaving.
May be a good experience for brand new RDA's or DA;s, but expect to work with a corporation that only has $$$$$$ in mind - not the patients.
Pros
I don't work there anymore
Cons
See above.
It was good to work for not anymore
Back office supervicer (Former Employee) –  Maryland parkway officeNovember 30, 2016
Under new management new change lower pay that's y I had to quit my job so now I want something else to do I would like to work as a cashier or stock market
Worst place I have ever worked.
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2016
This company is full it. First I will start with the work environment. Undertrained staff at the front desk which only caused chaos for the back office due to how busy the office was. Patients are sent through the office like a factory. Second the benefits are not even worth it. Personally alot of offices or corporations offer benefits but if the 401k is essentially a savings account and they do not contribute to it then it is not worth it. As did this corporation. Third scheduling vacation time even a year out is difficult. Lastly some of the doctors are very rude and unprofessional towards the staff. One office in particular was actually dangerous to work at. A patient pulled a gun out on the receptionist as well as a patient hiding from the police in the office. The police were actually searching the office as i was working on a patient. They actually focus and cater more towards the doctors in this company which is ok but the doctor can not function on thier own. There is other staff that support the doctor daily and should be considered as well.
Pros
Always has open positions
Cons
Pay could be higher
productive
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2016
A typical day is taking x-rays and cleaning teeth. I learned that a humans mouth is interesting and can be very dirty at times, hygiene is a very important in dental. Management is good and works well with you and making sure you get the hours you need per week. The hardest part was assisting the doctor with a root canal as it takes a lot patience. I enjoyed taking x-rays and the environment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
false information
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMarch 30, 2016
I got the job, making only $9 an hour, I turned down other good jobs for this company because of how they said they needed someone. Was there a short time and they let me go due to lack of work.
Doctor was VERY rude and talked down to the women in the office.
About working at Absolute Dental
sterilization tech (Current Employee) –  Spanish Springs, NVDecember 20, 2015
Being apart of the Absolute Dental team, I experienced many things. Such as, team work, hard work, and time management. In my time here, I properly sterilized dental equipment and examination rooms. Effectively operated X-ray machines and developed x-rays.
this was a good place to start a new job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2015
at absolute dental I started as a front desk, this is the place that teached me about this industry. Here i learned front the bottom and learned a bit of the dental treatments.
Pros
love the company
Cons
didnt like the gossip
soemthing different
Eligibility Office (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2015
a typical work day is sitting at the desk and using the phone.
I learned about insurances and about the dental field
the management was great, didn't mind helping when it was needed.
the co workers were friendly
the hardest part of the job was the first day of the month when every thing was the busiest.
the most enjoyable time was lunch and being able to chill and relax.
the hardest part of the job
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 10, 2014
The hardest part of my job was when the operating system would malfunction . Everyone at the office expected me to repair , and it not possible then i would go through the steps with technical
support . Some steps to repair are impossible when you are wearing a dress.
Pros
Fridays was half day
Cons
no insurance, no benefits, no overtime
fun place to wrork
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 7, 2014
Gave opportunity to work when first got out of Dental Assistant school.
Fun Workplace
Dental Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2014
When I worked there for my externship I had the most fun. I even came early to work everyday just so I can get a head start on all of the action. The dentist were kind and knowledgeable, the dental assistants were fun and like my teachers.
There was always someone to ask if I needed help or do I understand, they were patient, and willing to put me on new procedures so that I could get the experience on them.
Pros
ExamplThe most enjoyable part is that I felt like part of the family, they gave me good advice and encouraged me to do well.e: Free lunches, etc.
Cons
ExaThe hardest part was working with a doctor which is use to working by herself, her patience was sometimes short.mple: Short breaks, healthcare, etc.
great staff but poor management
Orthodontist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2014
Great staff but managed poorly with poor materials and overbooked schedule
Fast paced environment with time sensitive deadlines
Dental Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 2, 2013
Extreme attention to detail needed. All job functions time sensitive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absolute Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8