ABT Associates Employee Reviews

Great working environment with really amazing people, but upper management treats people like numbers.
Associate Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 7, 2017
I worked with a group of amazing people, but there was a constant fear of being laid off. I learned a lot, and had some amazing mentors that cared about what they did and why they were doing it.
Great for early and late career professionals
Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 3, 2017
Great company with lots of really smart, passionate people. Interesting work at all levels; easy to engage on new projects or in areas of interest outside main role. Good work/life balance. Difficult to advance or obtain significant raises for mid-level staff.
The pleasure was all mine working there.
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day at work was, enjoying the different kind of culture subcontractors that would come in for payment of their services. Enjoyable part of the day was breakfast and lunch.
Pros
Free friday drinks
Cons
Short breaks
ABT was a wonderful place to work, when work was available
Social Science Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Hadley, MAOctober 21, 2016
While the job could be viewed as boring and monotonous at times, it is to be expected in conducting cold calls for social science research that many will not want to speak to you and that is simply part of the job. ABT allowed for flexible scheduling and management was often promoted from within giving them a clear understanding of the job.
Pros
open scheduling, paid breaks
Cons
Not always work available
Overall,this was a great opportunity for me.
TELEPHONE INTERVIEWER, NORC (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2016
I loved working with my co-workers in this friendly and productive workplace.I really enjoyed my job by being personable and energetic on the phone.
Pros
IT WAS FUN WORKING HERE.
Cons
I WORKED LATE HOURS.
great company
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 29, 2016
help increase my payroll knowledge and the use of various software application.
great supervisor, was able to learn so much from her
nice company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSSeptember 6, 2015
I love my co workers, and the management. Pay wasn't so good. But the enviroment was nice. I love the way the managers help you when you need them.
Cons
not enough pay
Nice professional job culture - perks such as a swimming pool, cafeteria, courtyard, etc.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 30, 2014
A typical day at work was lots of paperwork, reviewing surveys, editing them, training coders, training interviewers, coding data, crunching numbers (data)

I learned about survey research, coding, etc.

Management was pretty good, stable work environment, professional staff. You will be treated pretty nicely, like a professional. Not much turnover.

HR was a bit nasty - at one point they threatened to not allow me to take off for the Jewish holidays (!)
However, management quickly assured me that, regardless of HR, Jewish employees were excused from work on those days - this was widely understood by managers, and no one made a big deal about it. (except HR - who managers ignored on this issue!) Pretty cool in the end...

Coworkers were nice enough. Some were sort of...middle of the road sorts of people. Not all were intellectual per se (as you might expect at a research firm). Some were...kind of boring! But civil enough.

The hardest part of the job was that long hours were required at times. Working overtime (no overtime pay), working some evenings, even a long night or two to meet a deadline was necessary and expected on occasion.

The most enjoyable part of the job I would say was the civilized work environment. A rarity these days...
Pros
Civilized work environment, generally smart coworkers, nice perks - swimming pool on the grounds, cafeteria, etc.
Cons
Long work hours at times (evenings). Work could be monotonous and tedious/boring at times.
Incredible evironment of people and objectives
Publication Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 3, 2014
I wanted t work there so badly that I went to their Personnel Dept. and said I would accept any position. I ended up getting a job tha day which was rewarding and provided with a respect for what I did.
Pros
location and people
Cons
Had to return to school
Decent company work environment.
International Affairs Assistant and Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 8, 2013
Large company, decent benefits, difficult to advance in workplace.
Consulting Job
ANALYST (Former Employee) –  bethesda mdOctober 4, 2013
Your standard research consulting job. write reports, do analysis
Pros
stable
Cons
not very exciting
Looking to work for a Philanthropic Company
Senior Desktop Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 24, 2013
Incredibly proud to have worked for a company that is looking to better the world. Worked in an organization that was looking to implement ITIL aligned framework with some bumps along the way. Hardest part of my position is working with silo'd cross business teams in trying to communicate and work together.
Enjoyable location
Copy Center operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 5, 2012
At ABT i worked with some great people and terrific clients. I would tare ABT associates as a place to wokr for.
reproduction specialist
Copy Center operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 21, 2012
Oce is a average company to work for, my day consisted of interaction with clients and maintance on all copy locations
Pros
great atmosphere