ABT Associates

ABT Associates Employer Reviews

Nice professional job culture - perks such as a swimming pool, cafeteria, courtyard, etc.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: civilized work environment, generally smart coworkers, nice perks - swimming pool on the grounds, cafeteria, etc.
Cons: long work hours at times (evenings). work could be monotonous and tedious/boring at times.
A typical day at work was lots of paperwork, reviewing surveys, editing them, training coders, training interviewers, coding data, crunching numbers (data)

I learned about survey research, coding, etc.

Management was pretty good, stable work environment, professional staff. You will be treated pretty nicely, like a professional. Not much turnover.

HR – more... was a bit nasty - at one point they threatened to not allow me to take off for the Jewish holidays (!)
However, management quickly assured me that, regardless of HR, Jewish employees were excused from work on those days - this was widely understood by managers, and no one made a big deal about it. (except HR - who managers ignored on this issue!) Pretty cool in the end...

Coworkers were nice enough. Some were sort of...middle of the road sorts of people. Not all were intellectual per se (as you might expect at a research firm). Some were...kind of boring! But civil enough.

The hardest part of the job was that long hours were required at times. Working overtime (no overtime pay), working some evenings, even a long night or two to meet a deadline was necessary and expected on occasion.

The most enjoyable part of the job I would say was the civilized work environment. A rarity these days... – less
Incredible evironment of people and objectives
Publication Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: location and people
Cons: had to return to school
I wanted t work there so badly that I went to their Personnel Dept. and said I would accept any position. I ended up getting a job tha day which was rewarding and provided with a respect for what I did.
Consulting Job
ANALYST (Former Employee), bethesda mdOctober 4, 2013
Pros: stable
Cons: not very exciting
Your standard research consulting job. write reports, do analysis
Looking to work for a Philanthropic Company
Senior Desktop Engineer (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 24, 2013
Incredibly proud to have worked for a company that is looking to better the world. Worked in an organization that was looking to implement ITIL aligned framework with some bumps along the way. Hardest part of my position is working with silo'd cross business teams in trying to communicate and work together.
Enjoyable location
Copy Center operator (Former Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 5, 2012
At ABT i worked with some great people and terrific clients. I would tare ABT associates as a place to wokr for.
reproduction specialist
Copy Center operator (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 21, 2012
Pros: great atmosphere
Oce is a average company to work for, my day consisted of interaction with clients and maintance on all copy locations
Grants Mentor Assistant
Grants Mentor Assistant (Former Employee), BaghdadMay 27, 2014
• Assisted the director in managing funds for all grants located in Baghdad.
• Recorded grant activities, showing improvement over a one year period of time.
• Gained employment as the Control and Tracking System Database Manager, cataloguing in web-based management software that tracked supply levels in hospitals, clinics, and warehouses.
Helping communities in acessing to safe drinking water
Security Operations Manager (Former Employee), Islamabad, PakistanMay 21, 2013
Helping communities in accessing to safe drinking water. The project was specifically focused on providing safe drinking water to communities focusing in urban sectors. My roles was to provide security and advising staff members for safe and secure movement in and out to project areas, as well as monitoring on on-going country situation on security – more... related issues. – less