ABX Air, INC Employee Reviews

Great co-workers
Flight Management and Sorter - Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 17, 2016
This was an enjoyable job with great people. I gained many friendships at this place that will last a lifetime. A typical day at work was assisting in offloading freight from the plane and sending it out to its destination.
Pros
Great lunhes
Cons
short breaks
Was a good place to work
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHNovember 7, 2016
I enjoyed my time with ABX Air until DHL took over and abruptly decided they no longer wanted to do freight handling at ABX Air, laying off over 10,000 workers.
Like working here
Contingency Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2016
I enjoyed the time while ABX Air was still around. I would have still been there until the doors closed late 2008...I was employed in early 2001 after I had my daughter.
ABX was a great company to work with/for.
Global Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2016
Great management team and advancement was available. ABX would do any and everything for the customer to make sure that the business was handled properly and with profit available.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Sold Business
Not the same place
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 10, 2016
What was once known as ABX closed due to DHL moving out of Wilmington. I cannot rate what it has become please see other reviews for current reference.
ABX Air Review
Senior Component Repair Controller (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJuly 20, 2016
Started as a material analyst and quickly advanced to Engine Repair Controller managing a large engine/airframe modification program.
Pros
Large company with plenty of advancement potential.
Cons
Company was sold and then lost their primary contracted customer.
Awesome place to work
Courier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 13, 2016
Awesome place to work with great people to work with and for. The owners treated you like you were part of their family. A lot of driving was probably to worst part of the job.
Pros
Awesome qwners
Cons
no insurance
Great when I started, but awful by the time layoffs occurred
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMay 30, 2016
When I began working at ABX, I was respected, given great responsibility by a great manager, and valued for my hard work and competence. By the end of my time there, due to a change in management, I was miserable. Our manager and supervisors actively tried to undermine any employee who "rocked the boat" through protesting about any of the nonsense that began when DHL took over. It was a seriously hostile work environment for years before the 2007-2008 layoffs.
I loved my job, and it was great, detail-oriented work for people who thrived on paperwork and organization. I learned how truly capable I am of keeping a schedule, juggling multiple time-sensitive issues, and planning ahead. If the atmosphere and job that I began in had continued, I would still happily be there today. The benefits were great, the people were friendly, and I felt as if the company understood my contribution and was appreciative of my efforts. Unfortunately, the corporate culture became all about the bottom-line and wanting automatons with no brains or minds of their own--only trained monkeys. From that point on, it was only a matter of time until the company imploded, and indeed it did.
Pros
enjoyable work, cafeteria, place to breastfeed
Cons
micromanagement towards the end, lack of respect and trust
great
I.S Ops Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OH 45177May 2, 2016
great people, great experience, good times, hard work, long hours, great benefites, great people, good times, travel opportunites, good pay
it was a job
Assist departing airplanes (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHApril 2, 2016
The job was third shift 6-8 hours five days out side i had to be alert and responsible for my safety and the safety of my co workers management was sportive.
Cons
hard working place but fun
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 15, 2016
I worked at abx-air for 6 years and I loved it..Went in at 9pm to 2am..co workers were fun to work with ..the hardest part of the job was loading trucks but we had a blast...wish it hadnt closed down):
always moving around
Warehouse Sorter (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 12, 2016
Loaded and unloaded shipping/receiving packages for air cargo company and check and see if the packages run safely at there drop off.
Cons
short breaks
Bad Place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMarch 4, 2016
ABX Air is gone for the most part. This was due to lack of quality senior managment. Typical day was rough. They thought they owned you. Co-workers were the only thing positive. Hardest part of the job was being made to stay past your scheduled hours on a daily basis and getting threatend with termination if you had to leave.
Pros
co-workes
Cons
everything else
Contract
Store Keeper Gse Parts (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMarch 3, 2016
The company was under contract with DHL Airways. When I started there I knew the contract would be up. Worked for DHL in the past and had the experience at he job I was doing. When contract was up they hired people with out the knowledge and experience I had.
Pros
Money
Cons
Not getting the job I well deserved
Great people to work for
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2016
Best place I've ever worked at would go back in a heartbeat. The best manager in the world. The hours were great it was close to home. Management took the time to train you they promote within the company.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Company downside
Fun place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  BahrainJanuary 26, 2016
Responsible for all accounting duties. Responsible for Banking, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Payroll & Financial Reports. Main reason to quit the job - Moved out of the place
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
No other benefits
allways busy
Sorter/Loader (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJanuary 20, 2016
alot of mutitasking,and energetic,days allways went fast,alot of schooling with this job which i enjoyed,i worked on the airport mostly
Pros
allways busy
Cons
Servicing the customers packages from pick up to deliverey and managing a team of Reps
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GADecember 6, 2015
A typical day would start by logging on to my computer and taking calls from customers wanting to schedule a pick, check the status of a package and see if packages had been delivered. I learned a lot about customer service and managing employees. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with angry customers, and the most enjoyable part was servicing my customers and having awesome co- workers.
Pros
Great pay and awesome co- workers
Awsome company
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 26, 2015
Great pay and good hour plus overtime love the management also the benefits were great. Also great cross training for advancement trainers are great!
Pros
Good people
Cons
some pay issuse
Shipping
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 8, 2015
Shipped and received products. I would ship using the system called Select. The products were shipped both local and internationally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABX Air, INC. Our community is ready to answer.