ABX Air, INC Employee Reviews

Caring workplace
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2018
I love this job they cared about your family and when my daughter got sick they gave me time off with pay. If they would bring this job at I will be more than happy work there again
Pros
my own lunch
They sold out to DHL in which sold off the Airfreight portion
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoyed the job for the time I was there. I wanted to move back to my home town and they since went out of business after they sold the airfreight portion to DHL.
ABX Logistics
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 13, 2018
Not a good company if you have any other avenue in the job market. This was the worst job I ever had. No benefits. Strict, inflexible and unintelligent management. Honestly, I was the only person there besides management that I worked with that knew how to communicate in English. I've been a roofer during the summer in west Texas and I would do that any day rather than work at ABX Logistics. The only reason I took the job was out of necessity and I got out of there as soon as the Machining market picked back up. Only accept a job here if there is nothing else.
Pros
Hire a lot of people during the holidays
Cons
Working culture and environment. Dull minded management and supervision.
A typical Freight company
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 12, 2018
All I remembered about working at ABX Freight was the person who hired me. He was a very nice person to work for. My job was not stressful and I got along with my co workers.
Pros
nice people to work for
Cons
small company
I was scanning mail and sorting the mail to
DHS (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJanuary 10, 2018
I really enjoying work there. The co-workers was great to work with. My boss at the time was an great boss. But while I was there I was scanning mail and sorting the mail too.
challenging
Courier/Driver (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 5, 2018
This company I worked for was called Airborne express, which is no longer in business, but I did gain a lot of knowledge as a shipping and dock suoervisior.
ABX afforded me the ability to excell and progress.
gateway support specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHNovember 26, 2017
This has been my life for 20+ years.I was given an opportunity to prove myself. I accepted the challenge head on. I am now considered one of the the best stratagists in our industry. My continuous improvement is unmatched. I owe Airborne Express everything.
Fast going job.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 11, 2017
It was a fan to work there. Good team and management, good relationship. Sometimes stressful, but the worst part is very low salary compares to the same type of job in other companies.
Pros
Fast time going and fun.
Cons
Low salary.
sorter
Production/Stock (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHNovember 8, 2017
package mails, apc mails, put letters in bag, unload and load the packages in truck pallet the packages scan the letters and packages training with the new staffs
enjoyed learning new things
Mail Sorter/Processing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHNovember 6, 2017
ABX provided me with the opportunity to learn to use new and varied equipment. The managers were very patient and allowed me plenty of time to become knowledgeable in order for me to be successful.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
distance from home
Relaxed and friendly atmosphere
Ramp/Casual driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OH 45177October 17, 2017
Very relaxed and flexible. Very safe working company. Strongly enforces safety regulations. Flexible working hours. Friendly coworkers. Excellent training for the job.
Pros
Gives credit when credit is do
Cons
to dependent on other airlines
never had contact with ABX air employees
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYOctober 16, 2017
I did not have any contact or interaction with employees form ABX air. i could not give an honest review good or bad.if i had a good day i would report it. if they were bad to work for i would write that down as well.
Pros
nothing to report
Cons
nothing here either
Sort freight
Acting team lead AM sort (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHOctober 5, 2017
Sort freight on to correct belts into correct bags into correct containers do belt checks run misroutes fix diverters lead team on am sort when needed
Co workers were great
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHSeptember 30, 2017
The company went out of business when they let DHL buy them out.
You worked until the freight was all on the flights and or trucks. They did have several shifts for you to choose to work.
benefits
Cons
weather
Abx
Telecode scan and sort (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHSeptember 23, 2017
Working at ABX was a good place to work when it existed...Not a bad place to work at that time. The management worked well with the employees. We were able to get overtime when needed except past Christmas.
Pros
Great insurance, retention and retirement package
Cons
None that I can think of.
Abx air inc
Lead Sorter (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 22, 2017
Was a great place to work and the only reason I left was because the company shut down due to a buyout. Freight company that was right behind FedEx in becoming the largest commercial shipping company in the United States.
Small company no longer in business
Office Manager/Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
The management and people were very nice. There was just no room to move up or make more money, no health benefits or sick days. It was time to look for better opportunities.
fast pace ,have to be alart at all times
Ground Sorter (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 14, 2017
Feels good to know that your are sending the package to the right address! and if the package was damaged or opened to make sure to secure that package and send it out. The Hub is noisy lots of machines running, The hardest part of the job was shrink wrap walking around the pallets, The enjoyable part of the was getting the trucks out on time !
great place to work
Delivery Route Driver/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 9, 2017
I started out as a route driver ,within 6 months i started to cross train on other routes,within a 18 month time frame i was trained on all 14 routes,i was moved up in the company within 3 years to supervisor or the utica and syracuse branch.
Pros
long hours didnt seem to long due to the fast pace work
Cons
plane coming in late with packages
production
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  waco, texasSeptember 6, 2017
this was not a good company to work for. the company is not shut down and no longer ran as a business. The management had its favorites when it came to people and the way the treated people.
Pros
company shut down
Cons
very hot, har work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABX Air, INC. Our community is ready to answer.