ABX Air

ABX Air Employee Reviews

Shipped jobs across the border.
Sorter (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great cafeteria
Cons: Everything else
Jobs were outsourced internationally immediately disrupting workforce. Severance packages were meager at best. Company only cared about bottom line, not employee lives.
Great Management
Safety (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Job stability
Cons: in Wilimington
Great Mentoring, nice co-workers. Clean work environment. Management recognizes that you have a personal life.
They teach you new programs and encourage you to better yourself.
Abx Air
Package Handler (Former Employee), Coventry, RIDecember 31, 2014
It was a friarly easy job. I enjoy the fact that I was on the go at all time, specially with a night shift. On a typical day we had to scan, organize, load and unload truck for shipment.
Great pay! However working conditions were very poor and unfair
Line/dock worker (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: no breaks, unfair management, no set schedule it changed daily
Long workdays with no breaks
I learned how mail and packages get handled and the processes that it takes to get a product from the company to its buyer or designated locations
Management for the most part was decent. At times very unorganized.
Hardest part of the job was working long hours6+ without a break.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to have been working with coworkers to get the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Productive workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee), Kansas City, KsNovember 25, 2014
Pros: fun place, they would order us food sometimes
Cons: n/a
I come in, we would have a meeting and they would tells us how many trucks we are getting tonight, Sometimes I would start out working in the truck and then they would switch me to do sorting.
Great place
Load Planner (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHNovember 24, 2014
Pros: good pay an good hours
Cons: working in bad weather
Off load an load aircraft had fun while being productive Hardest part was working in bad weather
Good hours,good pay,good people and for most part goo supervision.
Loader/Sorter (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHOctober 11, 2014
Pros: close to home and was easy on my family
Cons: we all went through times we all had some cons but over all really no real cons.
A since of accomplishment for a job well done for myself and my crew. I loved to see the stars at night, enjoyed working different people as well working with my own crew. Some night were long and hard but we were like a family we all helped each other,I miss that.The hardest times at ,ABX AIR, was when I worked day sift and also night shift. ABX AIR was like a city in its self.
Fast-Paced Environment
LEAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: medical office on site, benefits, ability to fly for low rates
Cons: long hours, very hard labor
The typical day at work meant that you sorted and loaded freight for its distribution location until all of the freight was gone for that day. It was hard, dangerous work.

The benefits, however, were amazing. Job security was not that good since it closed down in 2009.
Ground Sort
ground sort (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHAugust 15, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: no breaks
I helped sort the freight once it came down the conveyor. I helped load freight into the containers. I also was responsible for reviewing the load plans for the trucks in my area. I was to look for and correct any mistakes on the load plans for example mistakes in addition or trailer numbers. I loved my job and found it very enjoyable. I loved the fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job was working in the inclement weather.
Good work enviorment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHJuly 23, 2014
Cons: temp.
Worked well with others. Was able to keep up with the pace. Over all nice work environment.
A fun place
Permanent Casual Sorter/Customer Service (Former Employee), Malaga, CAJuly 11, 2014
This job was fast paced and busy. The staff was great and I appreciated the opportunity as a employee
was a good job
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2014
Laid off
competitive wages
lack of training
friendly people
Great Place to work
Sorter (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 8, 2014
hated to see the doors close, this was just absolutely just a wonderful place to work
Very nice place to work and close to home
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHApril 24, 2014
The company was very nice until DHL bought us out then went out of business. Many jobs were lost due to this.
Good until Went under..laid off
Lead (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHMarch 18, 2014
Great employees..bad times and management. To much of a feud between dhl and abx..plus bad economy. but good working employees.
Productive and fun workplace.
Senior Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: pay was good
Cons: management showed favoritism.
ABX was a good place to work. The typical day consisted of a busy schedule and a day of multi tasking. I am always looking for advancement to serve others as well. My education will allow me to further my career and looking forward to looking into serving others on a higher level.
Great company to work for.
Ramp Loader (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHDecember 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: wilmington hub went out of business
I worked out on the ramp loading and unloading aircraft. I enjoyed working for my supervisor and i also enjoyed working with my co-workers. The benefits and pay was excellent.
ABX Air
Sr. Aircraft Records Specialist ABX Air (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHDecember 2, 2013
ABX was a good place to work. The typical day consisted of a busy schedule and a day of multi tasking. My job had potential for advancement and would have been an interest. I am always looking for advancement to serve others as well. My education will allow me to further my career and looking forward to looking into serving others on a higher level.
Fast paced work while in a friendly warehouse environment
Sorter (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2013
Load/unload trucks onto a metal slide, sort boxes onto conveyer belts, build pallets
a day a work
MAIL SORTER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2013
checking in bag getting .how to check to see if the mail is going the right place .they also help us we when need to be help team player always helped getting mail out be for the tucks levels when it was time to go home

1 2 3