AC Moore

AC Moore Employee Reviews

Team Leader/ Cashier (Former Employee), Davie, FLMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great team
Management adjust to your schedule and pays well for what you have to do. Job is simple and hours are okay. Management can be hard to deal with sometimes, but an overall great experience. Learned a ton about crafts
Fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee), Pottstown, PAMay 8, 2015
I am a crafter and artist at heart and thoroughly enjoyed this job! There was always fun colorful things to work with. I always worked in a different department and was able to see whats new out there.My job was to get unloaded merchandise out on the floor from early morning deliveries, organize departments and run a cash register at check out. Management was good and flexible with hours.
Productive, fun workplace
Customer Service (P-T) (Current Employee), Manchester, NHApril 11, 2015
Pros: Different daily/weekly deals. Upbeat staff.
Cons: None
Ac Moore is a really fun company to work for. The managers really care about the employees and do their best to make sure everyone is happy. Guests are always top priority at AC Moore. I love being able to demonstrate different skills I have in regards to arts and crafts with the customers.
Unorganized, busy, short staffed
Front-End Specialist (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAMarch 5, 2015
At times I would be the only cashier up front with a line of 10+ customers. When management was needed, they were in no hurry to come up front to help. No associates had an assigned area of the store for the day. Scheduling was constantly messed up. Customers were rude and management was not helpful. Policies were never followed. I did learn a lot about art and the supplies used. It was fun to give customer creative ideas and to help them solve their crafting problems.
managing a craft store
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee), York, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: sales, pro active, growth
Cons: stores didn't work together, not connected to support each other
We would always get to work one hour before open to get the office and money done and make sure nothing needed done from night before...was in charge of opening and closing the store and payroll for the day/week. Scheduling and hiring was mine, also training and safety meeting. We had our truck on Thurs. and everyone worked that day...getting freight to the floor/stocked. I managed over the entire operation and made decisions based on store and sales needs.
Great place
Associate (Former Employee), Dover, DEFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: black friday
This was my first real job. I loved working here. I worked with all kind and great people. The customers can be a small pain, but that's to be expected with customer service. Can't stress enough, really good people that worked there when I was employed, made it hard to leave.
Hard Working
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Turnersville, NJFebruary 7, 2015
The employees are hard working and they also know what they are doing. Every time I need help the service is always great. The employees are always helping me.
not the greatest place i've work nor the best
Framing Specialist (Former Employee), Newport News, VANovember 28, 2014
Pros: chance to get extra money via test
Cons: low starting wage, constant certification
created frame designs for customers. only learned alittle bit more about custom framing but having an art degree helped with training.

management was okay kind of mediocre.

most of my coworkers were okay. until the last month of employment where my coworker wasn't communicating well with me and got me moved to a different section of the store ultimately making me lose the commission pay i gained from taking the custom framer test. which made me decide this wasn't the best fit for me anymore.
Great place to get arts and crafts stuff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Arlington, VANovember 28, 2014
On a typical work day I help customers find fabrics and other arts and craft materials. I cashed people out and also dealt with all of the exchanges and returns.
Gives a good idea of working in a retail environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: no pay
Cons: a lot of fun, chances to be creative
As a volunteer I worked special events in order to promote products. The management was wonderful and I learned a lot about having a job.
Fun and creative environment
CUSTOM FRAMING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Apex, NCOctober 10, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Work with many creative people. Help customers to achieve a unique project they may be working on.
Customer Service oriented
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee), Bellingham, MAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: being of service to others, days off during the week while other businesses are open ie: dmv or doctor
Cons: my particular schedule fluctuated so much i really had no time for social life
The pace fluctuates according to foot traffic but there is always something to be done whether waiting on customers, resetting displays, cleaning, purging the stockroom of freight. I learned different aspects of store operations which included cashiering to managing employees. The atmosphere in retail is somewhat relaxed because it is customer oriented. The hardest part of the job was actually also the most enjoyable which included the pace of being a supervisor. Being pulled in many directions at once having to handle customer inquiries/complaints while answering the phone, supporting cashier needs, and other daily tasks set by the general manager
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 4, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: n/a
This job was a lot slower paced than other jobs. But it was satisfying because it allowed me to work with customers in a hands on manner.
Hard working and extremely reliable
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Somerville, MAAugust 4, 2014
I am hard worker and I like to have a job I can enjoy. I'm very friendly and get along with everyone
Loved
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Woburn, MAJuly 11, 2014
I loved this job it fit into my personality perfectly, my biggest regret is that I left this company.
Miss this place and everyone who worked there!
Customer Service (Former Employee), Montgomery,ALJune 12, 2014
I really enjoyed the people I worked with and also the customers were a lot of fun. Just an overall awesome job! Especially for us craft lovers!!!
Productive Work Place
Associate (Current Employee), FrederickApril 14, 2014
I handle sales transaction, addressed customers in a polite manner and directed them to needed merchandise, stocked shelves and set planograms, set advertisements for the store, and completed cycle counting for store products. My co-workers are very nice and helpful when it came to asking questions when I did not know the answer. The employees were the most enjoyable part of the job along with the regular customer that came in.
Beautiful place to work in the Riviera Maya, by the Caribbean Sea.
Merchandiser Manager (Current Employee), davie florida 33332March 26, 2014
Pros: beautiful place, and nice people to work with
Cons: healthcare
I was the landscaping designer of Puerto Aventuras touristic center.
Including hotels, golf course, marina, commercial center, museum,private homes and townhomes. I was hired to be the head of the nursery and the landscaping crew.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAMarch 21, 2014
Learned about arts and crafts.
Cashier, stock, and assisting customers.
management was nice.
co-workers were cool.
remembering where everything went.
Work at Acmoore
Cashier (Former Employee), Egg Harbor TownshipFebruary 24, 2014
This job was a very frustrating job. Some days were very enjoyable while others were unbearable. I was a cashier and I remember a lot of the customers who I came across were very inappropriate, and nasty. And Management was also very disorganized, I remember the one manager yelled at me because I stack some boxes up the wrong way. That's why I had resigned from this job I did not feel comfortable with how this one manager would humiliate me in front of staff and customers on numerous occasions.

1 2 3