AC Transit

AC Transit Employer Reviews

Managment can be more friendly!
Full-time Bus Operator (Former Employee), Oakland, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits and pay
Cons: no breaks, not friendly managment!!!
Im not recommend this company. People who you going to transport not the best. No time for eat or restroom. Management can be more friendly...Good pay and benefits..
Productive Workplace
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: discount at some business's and banks
Cons: top out pay
Great place to work wonderful people a daily routine you may encounter people that could make you smile or frown
Management and union laborers are always battling one another. The environment in some departments is toxic. I prefer the private sector.
HR Receptionist/Sr. Admin. Clerk (Temp) (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: poor managers who want people to work 7 days a week and belligerent union leaders.
There are some departments with happy employees due to management. However, for the most part, managers are usually clashing with unions which makes a simple job much harder due to extreme personality, socioeconomic, and subcultural values. Nepotism is rampant for a public agency. Training is poor since several clerks left within a year. I was the 6th – more... clerk in that division in 2012, but I managed to clean up the 5-year backlog in the HR fileroom and 8-year backlog at EEO as well as act as liaison for multiple departments. Managers have a closed door policy since they have too many lawsuits from current and former employees. – less
working in the customer service fields
BUS OPERATOR (Current Employee), Oakland CANovember 19, 2013
my daily work schedule consist of driving several different routes on a set time making sure passengers reached their destination in a safe timely manner. I was able to meet many different people from all types of backgrounds and cultures.
Professional workplace
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Oakland,CAOctober 30, 2013
Great place to work if you enjoy sitting most of the time. Great benefit package.
This is a terrible place to work!
Planning Manager (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits and a free transit pss.
Cons: business systems and management styles are 20 years out of date.
After nearly 4 months with AC Transit as their new Planning Manager with good reviews and hard work they told me I was being terminated and escorted me out of the building right then. I asked "why?" and they refused to give me a reason, said they didn't have to give a reason. I know of 3 other people they dismissed this way, one nearly had a heart attack – more... from the shock and sued them. Others were people just doing their jobs and got escorted out. This practice is cruel and damaging for individuals and the organization. How can people improve if no one tells them what they need to change ? How can AC Transit improve their employee relations if they don't get feedback from their employees?

This agency operates with 20 year old management styles, draconian and cruel. The pay and benefits are great if you can stand to be treated this way. – less
Typical day at work
Bus Monitor (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 7, 2012
get the run number
get the block number
check the buses and make sure there no graffiti and no cuts on the seats.
load the school kids and do a head count.
make sure they dont fight
when all the kids are off the bus check for graffiti and cuts on the seats
Best Job to have
Bus Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 9, 2012
Pros: sleep on breaks pool tables tv's card rooms trips
Cons: short or no breaks supervisors are mean
Best Job I ever had things weren't always perfect but it paid the bills and allowed you to save or spoil yourself