Acacia Network

Acacia Network Employee Reviews

Poor upper Management and no structure or accountability
Middle Management (Former Employee), bronx, nyApril 24, 2015
Although this agency is quite large it is poorly managed from the top down. It appears the interest in aquiring more programs and absorbing more agencies is priority to fixing existing programs that are obviously floundering.

The staff are over worked and under paid and very disposable. There is a "pass the buck" mentality and clear scapegoating. This agency has a terrible track record of keeping staff. There is no supervision and no emphasis on professional growth or development.

It is apparent that there are unqualified individuals in very high positions who do not know nor care what is happening. The only directive is "get it done" without help or direction. If you do it wrong then there are punitive consequences. This type of environment of fear is unnecessary and intolerable.
Multi task
Senior Case manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks, stressful
management needs supportive training
I learned to work with homless families,
The hardest part of my job is address the barriers such as substance, or mental health issues.
a typical day at work consist of keeping order in the shelters, great people to work with. Management can be tiring and repitious.
Case Worker (Current Employee), queens new yorkFebruary 9, 2015
Theirs not much to tell, I just began this new experience and theirs a lot to learn and I'm eager to jump in with both feet. working as a case worker in this field move swiftly so you must pay attention and accurate.
Very Productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits, great team players, good pay
Cons: some managers are unfair and take things too personal.
I loved working here. These were the best years of my life.

It's too bad I am not there anymore.

Sometimes we have to move on to learn more
very productive and Meanful
Residential Aide / Maintenance (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: room for growth and ability to be cross trained for other positions
Cons: shorts breaks, sometimes none depending on the situation.
I love this jobs because i love helping and working with people and while being apart of this company i did just that.To me it felt good to help the people at my job because they really needed the assistance .all of the people that came into my job are homeless and are looking for housing and Gainful employment and i love that what i did help them to Achieving those goals.
FUN
Residential Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: not a good company
THIS WAS A NICE PLACE TO BE AT TIMES LACK STAFFING AND MORE ROFESSIONAL PEOPLE TO BE IN CHARGE. TOO MANY FRIENDSHIPS THAT WERE PROMOTED AND DID NOT HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS
A Learning Experience and great job opportunity.
Residential Aide (Part-time) (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: interaction with other people.
Cons: temporary position.
It was a temporary position and knew what I was signing for. I was a Residential Assistant at the Radisson Hotel in Jamaica, Queens. The Hotel had partnered with Acacia who had 135 families temporarily assigned there until their individual cases was approved or denied by HRA.

My job was logging in the activities of the shelter occupants and reminding them that they must follow the rules while staying at the hotel and the time that Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner would be available including the curfew time which was 10:00pm in the evening.

I remained in communication with other case workers, my supervisor, and the hotel staff/management to resolve problems with the daily operation of the hotel that was related to the shelter occupants.

The hardest part of the job was informing the shelter occupants that they had to vacate their hotel room in the morning. They was picked up by a vehicle and ordered to go to PATH. I had to clean up the room with their personal belongings in several boxes and placed them in the office until the former occupants had picked them up. I even stayed at the job until 1:00am because something had always came up at the last minute. It had to get done or sometimes in the following day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the shelter occupants. Despite their circumstances, they are human beings and want to do better for themselves and their families. They are determined to not let their current situation determine their present and future.

It was a learning experience for me and I am thankful for it. The job has made me more sensitive to the plight of others and to always be thankful for what I have in my life.
productive and growth
Driver (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 29, 2014
I love the interaction and working with people. Helping people and providing service. The hardest part would have to be not enough home time as I would like. Most enjoyable is seeing the client/customer happy and being able to help them reach their goals.
If you speak the language you are better than your skills
Housing Specialist (Current Employee), Bronx, New YorkNovember 17, 2014
Pros: autonomy, no micromanagement
Cons: no lunch breaks
A typical day at work is busy, unending interruptions, leading to a face paced and demanding environment. The more you give the more they take. Promises are empty. If going to work is the hardest thing you do all day, perhaps the work is the problem. Surviving the benign conversations of people who want nothing more than to compare themselves to you in every way to be interesting. Autonomy is wonderful way to work.
Helping the Community
Administrative Assistant to CMO (Current Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: no overtime
Acacia Network is a great place to work, We help the community and is very fulfilling to see the changes we help make in peoples life's
Look Elsewhere for a Career
Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: see below
Cons: see below
Pros
The company has a family atmosphere and colleagues generally have a lot of respect for each other. The company is in a growth phase. The work/life balance is ok.

Cons
There is rampant nepotism here. Despite touting a highbrow "Values" statement, ethics and morals at this place are truly nonexistent. IT department is a mess. The CEO and COO are impotent; the CFO has all the power, and he rules this place from an ivory tower and with an iron fist. There is no upward growth in this company because there is no value placed on training or career development.
Unorganized management
Community Resident Aide (Current Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 2, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: the feeling that staff concerns are not important
Meeting with and assisting clients to reach their goals and documenting their progress towards change and independent living.
I've learned that if you put in the effort with each client they give it back to you.
Management is mediocre.
Co-workers are fun to work with but are becoming frustrated due to management.
The hardest part of the job is our concerns not being heard.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others to bring about positive change in their lives.
No advancement
MIS support specialist (Former Employee), Bronx NYOctober 24, 2014
This company does not value their employees in the IT Dept. Which is the reason why i left.
Very Large Non-Profit
Field Supervisor / Medicaid Compliance Liaison (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
This non profit is growing and expanding, and is well on it's way to greatness.
Productive working facility but limited ideals and support towards staff
Maintenance Coordinator/Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 10, 2014
Won't recommend anybody working for them. Productive working facility but limited ideals and support towards staff
Productive Day with Wonderful residents
Community Residence Aide (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJune 8, 2014
Pros: good residents
Cons: have to encourage some residents to succeed
A typical day would be to start my rounds, check my calenders for appointments for the residents, follow-up with the doctors, ensure all resident have taken their medication and motivate and encourage the residents. I am a team leader two times a week over othe employees. My co-worker love me for the reliability and caring for the residents by ensuring that they are all safe and healthy. The hardest part of the job is when a resident relapse and we have to go through the services again to keep them drug-free by encouring them to attend a drug tx program. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you monitor the residents and you see they are mentally stable by taking their medication daily and moving toward independent living.
team player
out reach staff driver (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 25, 2014
Pros: never late, team player
I am retired from a long career in the music industry as a marketing
director in the field of latin jazz and tropical music.with many years left for me to explore a new career I chose to become a school bus driver.The industry has suffered hardships and I was forced to look at
other alternatives. I have high work standards, never call out sick
and a team player.thank you
its a job
Care Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 23, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: caseload
its an ok place to work. Work load is to high. not enough training on what's expected in terms of paper work.
pleasant and professional atmosphere
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 6, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
wonderful place to work, the consumers were pleasant. If I can work there again i would
A place where there is a balance .
Mica Case manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 22, 2013
Pros: i love the work that i do . i feel like my life has a purpose.
Cons: my pay rate shoulde be equal to the work that i do.
I am greeted at my door with clients needs and there need to see me. I greet the clients that are in the cafeteria then proceed to my office where I print my calendar. My co workers make their way to my office with information of clients that would like to see me and any messages that where left for me. The overall of my day is calling and receiving calls for clients. Any services that are needed to help them with Independent living plan.

Acacia Network Salaries